Register to Comment
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as Fish View Post
    Is there any depth of stupidity you will not plumb to try and save face?
    Tell us how you missed the link again...

You should probably comment on the subject of the thread and stop worrying about me. obsessed
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    In the last 10 year the only time things were done right in the country . was when the Troika were running the place. we are still not fit to govern ourselves. what would it be like if we were out of the EU.
    I am in favour for staying in the EU because of its trade and diplomatic advantages and from a nationalist point of view I think that international legal structures benefit small nations in particular and from an internationalist point of view I think that peace and cultural contact benefits everyone. However, I can't stand the 'West European' view that some seem to have that the mere Irish can't govern ourselves,and that we should have a federal Europe. I think we can do well as a nation, and be open and beneficial to the rest of the world through participation in international organisations, through humanitarian/diplomatic work and through peace keeping.
    Last edited by Windowshopper; 10th July 2016 at 10:52 PM.

So in answer to my OP no one has any news of this group?

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    So in answer to my OP no one has any news of this group?
    Haven't heard anything about them. They are needed though. The only surprise is, its taken so long for one to be formed. It sems there are plenty here who still need inspiration from the 'mainland'...

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    With a political establishment and media in hoc to the cult of more Europe are you surprised? That number would come down with a properly targeted campaign.
    There are 30% who can usually be relied on to oppose any EU referendum so it might be possible to organise a campaign but I think the economic case would have to be made strongly to influence the remaining 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    There are 30% who can usually be relied on to oppose any EU referendum so it might be possible to organise a campaign but I think the economic case would have to be made strongly to influence the remaining 70%.
    The biggest issue there is no one really knows for certain what the outcome will be. Therefore its very hard to make an economic case. Of course they could do what the did in Britain: just lie.
    Last edited by johnnypockets; 10th July 2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    In the last 10 year the only time things were done right in the country . was when the Troika were running the place. we are still not fit to govern ourselves. what would it be like if we were out of the EU.
    A hell of alot Better

Quote Originally Posted by Fumancu View Post
    A hell of alot Better
    Why?

Unfortunately Irish people think and vote in a herd mentality. Our media is stuffed with establishment loving pro EU types who view twits like Brian Hayes as gods.

We're better off out of the EU, freedom of trade/movement agreements are fine. The english left because the majority of their population are racist ******************************s.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment