View Poll Results: Do you think Greece will extend their bailout before the end of February?

Voters
192. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes, with most of the terms demanded by the Greeks

76 39.58%
  • Yes, with most of the terms demanded by the EZ

88 45.83%
  • No

28 14.58%
Register to Comment
Page 1043 of 1547 FirstFirst ... 435439439931033104110421043104410451053109311431543 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 15463
Like Tree9362Likes

And The Fastest Growing Economy In The Eurozone, With 25.9% Unemployment, Is... | Zero Hedge

More BS from Nov 2014.....Jeez I thought we were the best boy's in class. Twotiming swine!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

https://mobile.twitter.com/Frances_Coppola

Excellent and highly respected contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Poynt View Post
    Don't think so. The only people who will decide the Government of Greece are the Greek electorate, the people who gave us the words and concept of 'democracy'. What a noble, cultured history they have.

While accepting that successive Greek governments have both 'cooked the books' and frittered away substantial bailouts, I honestly believe that the EU is better off and more cohesive with Greece inside rather than out.

Surely it is not beyond the brightest brains in Europe to come with a formula which would permit both sides to claim a last minute 'limited victory', thereby saving face in Athens, Brussels and Washington, while at the same time introducing a structure that will permit Greece to economically hold its head up.

Europe is better place with 11 million Greeks inside the Union rather than out. We seem to have no difficulty in accommodating millions of non-Europeans in our respective countries.

It will be a tragedy if no room is found for the Greeks no matter how feckless they may have behaved in the past.

The past is the past.
    I'm a big fan of Classical Greek culture, but it is worth remembering that Aristotle excluded women, artisans, tradespeople, manual workers and so on from citizenship. He also considered slavery to be entirely natural.

A wonderful legacy, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    I'm a big fan of Classical Greek culture, but it is worth remembering that Aristotle excluded women, artisans, tradespeople, manual workers and so on from citizenship. He also considered slavery to be entirely natural.

And then there's Sparta, the ag˘ge and the Crypteia...

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post

tbe democracy Greek style long way from what we would want or have.
    We owe our next door neighours for parliamentary democracy?

Eurozone - Greece - the country that would not die

I laughed reading this.....Seriously, take the time to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diawlbach View Post
    And then there's Sparta, the ag˘ge and the Crypteia...
    How in the name of Jasus can you guys put ancient history up as a criticism of modern day Greece, when Irelands recent history of industrial style abuse of its citizens, Men, Women and Children, sexual, church, medical, Etc.....

That barrel is very deep, Keep scraping. Sad and pathetic. And seriously embarrassing! FFS.

The mindset is embarrassing, no wonder Noonan uses sxxxt he does with supporters like this.

I quoted this last february

It cannot be ruled out, that Greece, if driven out of the eurogroup, would turn to Russia or China for financial assistance. NATO could soon find its southern defences in Italy, and that in a time of heightened tension with Russia. Weakening NATO’s southern flank by alienating the Greek government, or even creating a Greek dependency upon Russian economic support, would have added a new dangerous dimension to Ms. Merkels mishandling of the situation in Ukraine.
    Tsipres and Varoufakis are streets ahead of all the sleeping politician in Europe. It is very sad that we as Europeans are unable to manage the massive financial storm blowing over our continent. "Manage it" did I write; maybe it would be a start if we recognise the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    The facts aren't your friend here, kiddo. What Fine Gael did to fix the public finances was clearly flagged in their election manifesto.
    Ya mean they kicked them down the road!.....So how come we owe more now than when they came into office?

Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post
    I seem to recall being offered a mix of tax rises and spending cuts at the last election. For which something like 60% of us voted.

And as for your laughable "savage austerity" would you ever get up the yard.
    37/38% of the Irish people voted for that. Wherever did you get 60% from?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment