Kieran Hartley (FF)
    Sťan Kelly (FG)
    Liadh Ni Riada (SF)
    Diarmad O Flynn (Ind )
    Peter O Loughlin (ind)
    Grace O Sullivan (Green)
    Phil Prendergast (Lab)
    Jan van de Ven (Direct Democracy)

Carlow Clare, Wexford, Kilkenny, Wicklow have been added and four seats to be filled. Would you like to share your opinions of these candidates for our education and entertainment and also any successful work you know they have done either as MEPS - that's Crowley, Kelly and Prendergast or in their day jobs.

Simon Harris TD s an extraordinary young man, in my opinion we need his type more in Ireland that in Europe.

Liadh Ni Riada is cultural royalty being Sean ” Riada's daughter.

Diarmaid O Flynn is one of the Ballyhea bailout protesters. He walks the walk however insane it may seem.

Phil Prendergast attended the recent meeting about North Tipp Leader and I also watched her youtube video on safe sex which was posted here.

Who's on a jolly, who's prepared to work?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

At this stage it looks like Crowley Kelly and Ni Riada as bankers! With Clune favorite for the last seat. Surprised that Harris hasn't capitalized on being the main eastern based runner. FF must be kicking themselves not to have chosen a better 2nd candidate but then again no matter who they would have had picked they would have had to deal with the non-team player Crowley! Outside possibility of Prentergast becoming a rebel labour candidate after the Poll tonight but she will suffer from lack transfers from Indos etc as Ni Riada will suck some of them up to get up the quota! So are all 4 MEPs going to be Cork Kerry based?

One of the reasons I started this thread was to find out if Crowley actually does anything. Kathy Sinnott worked flat out fora lot of enviromental and disability causes while she was in. Would Crowley or Clune for that matter DO anything?

Quote Originally Posted by tipp revolution View Post
    One of the reasons I started this thread was to find out if Crowley actually does anything. Kathy Sinnott worked flat out fora lot of enviromental and disability causes while she was in. Would Crowley or Clune for that matter DO anything?
    Crowley is an enigma, I do know people who would not vote FF in a month of Sundays but who like him he seems to be good at networking and has the x factor. Sinnott big mistake that stupid link up with UKIP in Leprechaun Hats! I am not a fan of hers politically but that took the biscuit!

I'm just surprised he doesn't have his wheelchair in his posters this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brussels Sprout View Post
    Ah come on isn't his bad haircut enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Brussels Sprout View Post
    So do you think he plays the sympathy card every time? Sorry now, this comment is not to offend people with ability challenges but I need someone who will work to represent me at European level.

surely both cork city candidates wont get elected. There are a few more people in the constituency than citizens of the peoples republic.

/mod/ there's an extensive thread on this here: Euro Elections: Ireland South /mod/

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment