Register to Comment
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Well done the French. Nazis belong in prison.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by jetttxyz View Post
    It is a crime because it denies the suffering, torture and murder of men, women, children and infants only because they were Jews, gypsies, homosexuals or considered good-for-nothing.

Free speech is one thing; but, stupidity and causing blatant offence by it should always be a crime.
    I think you may be guilty. I'm quite offended by your stupidity, and am making a citizens arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    I find in amazing you are so disgusted by words but yet you try to defend the Provos and there disgusting murder campaign on a daily basis?
    Indeed and then hide behind the cloak of history claiming this was all in the past.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by jetttxyz View Post
    It is a crime because it denies the suffering, torture and murder of men, women, children and infants only because they were Jews, gypsies, homosexuals or considered good-for-nothing.

Free speech is one thing; but, stupidity and causing blatant offence by it should always be a crime.
    My 80 year old Aunty says blacks rob people because they're black and when I was going out with a foreign girl, she told me the girl would rob my bank account. Should she be in prison for such brazen stupidity?

Neo-Nazi's are the scum of the earth. But they have a right to say what they want, as long as they're not yapping on about actually killing Jews.

Anyway, I am getting away from the OP. What Le Pen said was not tantamount as denying the Holocaust, although it was obviously odious. Not at all a punishment though.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    I find in amazing you are so disgusted by words but yet you try to defend the Provos and there disgusting murder campaign on a daily basis?
    Johnny, I am still waiting for you to point out inaccuracies or "drivel" from my Oglaigh na hEireann thread. Until then, we have nothing to say on here. I actually never justified any killings, at all. You are just completely scandalized by the truth and cannot accept it. Not to mention you are a flaming west-brit. But being a west-brit is not a crime nor defending the reasons the P.I.R.A came about. And thank god we live in a society where we can have these discussions and debates and a few insults along the way.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by MacBeth View Post
    Well done the French. Nazis belong in prison.
    What an absolutely ridiculous post from the sites most fanatically biased poster. Seriously? How many other people should be placed in prison for their views?

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Jean-Marie Le Pen is a horrible old bigot, but in most civilised countries, being a horrible old bigot is not against the law. However, a French appeals court upheld his conviction for 'contesting crimes against humanity'. His offence? Claiming that the Nazi occupation of France was not 'particularly inhumane'.

Free speech is pointless if it doesn't apply to those with whom we disagree.

Jean-Marie Le Pen convicted of contesting crimes against humanity | World news | The Guardian
    If you had lived in a country which the Nazi's invaded, I wonder if you would have the same opinion?

His daughter is on 20% in a recent poll, that be dangerous enough. Wonder how her and Merkel would get on.

An attack on Freedom of Speech IMO

- and Le Pen is right

While there were atrocities the French were not particularly harshly treated compared to say what happened in Poland, Russia, Yugoslavia and indeed Slovakia

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    If you had lived in a country which the Nazi's invaded, I wonder if you would have the same opinion?
    So should Communism be banned? After all, it might offend the Poles in Ireland if the Communist Party of Ireland paraded down O'Connell Street with pictures of Stalin one day.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment