Register to Comment
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree53Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I see why Austria and Germany have these laws although I don't agree with them. I cannot see why France has them. France also makes it a crime to deny the Armenian Genocide and has all sorts of laws protecting all kinds of minorities, including women, from being offended. Utterly OTT.
    Yet, they put a Femen activist who cut down a Crucifix in Ukraine with a chainsaw (and is wanted by the police) on their stamp.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Marine tells the truth...oops!

France’s far-right presidential candidate is whitewashing the French role in the Holocaust
    "I think France isn't responsible for the Vel d'Hiv," Marine Le Pen said in a televised interview.
    Updated by Sarah Wildman Apr 10, 2017, 12:50pm EDT

On Sunday night, French far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen of the Front National party denied French responsibility for the brutal fate of the 76,000 Jews deported from France during the Second World War. Only 3,000 returned.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/4/10/...locaust-france

Quote Originally Posted by jetttxyz View Post
    It is a crime because it denies the suffering, torture and murder of men, women, children and infants only because they were Jews, gypsies, homosexuals or considered good-for-nothing.

Free speech is one thing; but, stupidity and causing blatant offence by it should always be a crime.
    No no no, you are for free speech or you are not.

Once you start cutting and splicing you are not for free speech. WW2 is given extraordinary protection because out of it comes the people who now dominate our world, the victors of WW2 protect the event that gave rise to their ascendancy from scrutiny and in so doing protect their mandate and their narrative - much as William the Conqueror probably did in the aftermath of 1066 when his teams were busy with their propaganda praising the Normans and what they did and demonising those they displaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    Yet, they put a Femen activist who cut down a Crucifix in Ukraine with a chainsaw (and is wanted by the police) on their stamp.
    Every once in a while you come across a story that you know can't possibly be true until you find out that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skypeme View Post
    Indeed and we have a thriving group of historical revisionists reinterpreting and examining issues in Irish history from different angles. That's as it should be. No one should go to prison for presenting an alternative view on the history of any nation.

The problem is that historical revisionism has been quite deliberately labelled as historical denial to serve an entirely different agenda!
    The problem is that there is not much room for interpretation regarding the Holocaust. The precise number of victim is still up to debate und likely will never be verified down to the last child, because not all documents survived, but discussing this will not get you into jail in Germany. Perhaps 5.500.000 people died, or 6.100.000., that is not the point. But if you despite all reason argue e.g. that the Germans never deliberately killed the jews, it'll get you here in trouble, and rightly so. Because there is so much evidence regarding this far beyond any reasonable doubt. Some people don't realize this, but there is so much paperwork from the people who actually did the ground-work that there can be no doubt about the scale and motive of the Nazi crimes. For instance, a few years ago I stumbled across an division diary from a German officer in a small archive who was stationed at the Eastern theater. The entries were mostly about casualities and logistical problems, but a few times you had short entries like "Today the group of officer "insert name" solved the Jewish problem in village X." The most chilling entry was of course how the Germans wiped out an entire village, because they found weapons there (which is very unusual for a remote village in a forest!). First they executed the men, than the women and then (and I quote: "We killed the children, because it would have been inhumane to leave them alone in the wilderness." His report was even given the approval of his General. None of his unit were ever punished for this. There is no reasonable way to deny all this evidence, in addition to honoring the victims it should be common sense to not accept any conspiracy theories about this. (Of course, I haven't seen any conspiracy theory that explains all the mountains of evidence in archives, probably because most of the Non-German Holocaust deniers are not aware of them.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment