Register to Comment
Page 902 of 4447 FirstFirst ... 402 802 852 892900901902903904 912 952 1002 1402 1902 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 44470
Like Tree9081Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rebellin View Post
    Oh, you think my response to an updated genocide "entertaining allagory" is fake. If you think my shock at seeing people jammed into what one could call leantos in India while the old plantations of the raj were carefully manicured is fake and if you are "engaged" and "entertained "by such trash as bacteria economics, then no wonder you treat all the posters who try to debate you here as lower forms of life. Did you leave your humanity behind somewhere while perfecting your arguments that human beings cause global warming?
    Your comparison of yourself with Benjamin Franklin is amusing. Remember: "They laughed at Galileo and he was right. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown".

I did a stint as a volunteer teacher in an undeveloped country, so I am well aware of the results of poverty and inequalities in wealth, healthcare and living conditions. I fail to see how the sight of poverty in India leads to the grandiose and manic schemes of Lyndon LaRouche. Suzuki's concerns about the limits of exponential growth are far more humane and ultimately beneficial to mankind. If we can act on those concerns, that is.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The Drought of Record Was Made to Be Broken | Climate Abyss | a Chron.com blog

Another post by John Nielsen-Gammon on the possibility of the Texas drought continuing into another year. Apparently, there will be another winter of La Nina conditions, which bodes ill. However, there is still hope.

September 27, 2010. For most of the state of Texas, that’s the date that the 2011 Texas drought began. As we approach the one-year mark, there’s increasing concern about the possibility of a second year of drought, or even that we might be in a drought that will last five years, ten years, or longer. Some very new research sheds some light on that possibility.

For most of the state, the drought of record was 1950-1957. The peak of the drought in most of the state was 1956, which set the 12-month record. We’re on the verge of breaking it, but there’s an outside chance a very wet weather pattern will set up next week. Don’t give up hope.

This post will discuss the prospects of the drought continuing another year and beyond. The longer it goes, the more likely it will surpass the previous drought of record. Indeed, in parts of East Texas, such as Lufkin, the past five years have already been the driest five years on record. And 2011 was so dry and hot, it’s as though we’ve already had two years of drought....

What about a third year, or a fourth year? At this point, all I can say is that we’re in a period of frequent Texas drought until further notice. This period, with both the Pacific and Atlantic working against us, might be over in a couple of years, or it might last another fifteen or twenty years. It seems likely to last another decade.

Andrew Gelman is one of the world's leading statisticians, joint author of such books as Bayesian Data Analysis (Chapman & Hall), a key undergraduate and graduate text.

Gelman lashes Andrew Wegman and George Mason University for their conspiracy to plagiarise (because that is what it amounts to). Wegman authored a negative report on the "Hockey Stick" for Congress at the behest of fossil-fuel interests. His report was later withdrawn for plagiarism by the journal that published it.

Wegman’s is a fascinating case, in that he’s breaking the rules, destroying his own reputation, and not getting anything out of it personally. He already was well respected with a comfortable job, and the cut-and-paste jobs were bringing him neither fame nor fortune. The sad thing is that I think Wegman may have done it out of a sense of obligation to his country, his profession, and his students. He promised more than he had the ability or inclination to do, and then he didn’t see any reasonable way of backing out. I hope that at some point he has the decency to apologize to the people whose work he ripped off and distorted.
    He adds:

P.P.S. Wegman is listed as the “Bernard J. Dunn professor” at George Mason University. Unfortunately, the very accomplished Dunn (check out his Wikipedia page!) died 2 1/2 years ago. I wonder what he would think if he knew that his donation to the university went to paying the salary of a plagiarist the author of papers that bear a striking similarity to, but are worse than, Wikipedia articles.

P.P.P.S. You might very well ask why I keep writing about this. I write about it because it makes me mad. Being a scientist is a privilege, and academic jobs are hard to find. So, yeah, I get angry if repeat offenders can get good jobs, just because they’re connected. It looks a bit like the mob, or like Tammany Hall. Maybe a bit of graft is needed to grease the system, but one way of keeping the corruption under corruption under control is to point it out when we see it.

Also, I work hard in my research, and I don’t appreciate those people who spew out meaningless nonsense (or, even worse, fake their data) making it that much harder to find the signal amidst the noise.
    Another Wegman plagiarism copying-without-attribution, and further discussion of why scientists cheat Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science

More at: Yet another example of Wegman plagiarism : Deltoid
    Richard Littlemore | Wegman Report: Not just plagiarism, misrepresentation

Quote Originally Posted by Agnotologist View Post
    You know nothing about NAWAPA other than LaRouche's insane attempt to revive it.
    It was an American project not a Canadian one. All it would have done is provide water for the parched American SouthWest at the expense of the hydrological cycle in the Arctic.

It would have availed nothing other than turning Canada's resources over to the Americans. It would have extended irrigation possibility of areas that are now irrigated but losing water - for a decade or two. It would have continued the fools' Paradise the American West and Sothwest has lived in for a time.

And, you are still nuts.
    You know people who think that everybody they don't agree with are insane, nuts.... and the other invectives you throw out, have a particular diagnosis of their own mental health.

You know nothing about the history and present intention of the NAWAPA project If you think Canadians were so much against NAWAPA and thought it only an American project, why would your late Prime Minister, Lester Pearson have written to President John F Kennedy encouraging joint cooperation on NAWAPA?

Those who have watched the NAWAPA video know that it is know a global project, starting in North America, with extensions throughout the world. Here is the video tour of the world wide NAWAPA project. http://www.larouchepac.com/node/15628
    Last edited by rebellin; 25th September 2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: including link

It does not matter that Pearson thought about joint consideration. Consideration is the operative word.

Consideration led to the dustbin. There is remains for ecological reasons and sovereignty matters.

Telling Ms Rebel that LaRouche is not correct is the same as telling a priest that there is no God... She seems to get her misinformation solely from that website.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCharles View Post
    Telling Ms Rebel that LaRouche is not correct is the same as telling a priest that there is no God... She seems to get her misinformation solely from that website.
    ...... you mean directly from God ???

LaRouchePac (didn't know that God had a website)

No .gov, no .edu, no .org, but there is a commercial .com website

=> God.com

At least we know now that God is an evangelical... Or is that just a hoax?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment