Register to Comment
Page 6598 of 6604 FirstFirst ... 5598609864986548658865966597659865996600 ... LastLast
Results 65,971 to 65,980 of 66040
Like Tree13965Likes

Quote Originally Posted by riven View Post
    Erm not quite

[self generators] "are entitled to: carry out generation of renewable energy, including for their own consumption[]; store and sell, including through power purchase agreements, aggregators and electricity suppliers, their excess production... without being subject to disproportionate... charges"

In that there is nothing stopping a utility or power purchase agreement stating that electricity from a micro generator exported to the grid (I will note LV gird here as HV is not possible) at 12 noon in July will be work say 0.1p/kWh depending on demand. Thus the consumer is forced down the road of storage.

I do prefer some of the UK corrections especially as they highlight strongly the ability to regulate the grid whereas the draft article could be argued to do so less vigorously. However using the UK corrections in red would mean that one would be unable to export at all as you are not able to access the distribution grids of which the LV grid is part of (this is unintended I suspect).
    Tell us how feeding electricity from a house with a single phase line and a single phase transformer can be usefully used on arrival at the 3 phase system over the road. Have you any knowledge of the distribution of A/C power by means of the 3 phase system
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

9 Datasets that show global warming.

"Take some time to think about these climate signals. The figure shows nine different measurements, and all of them are consistent with a warming climate. So, next time someone tries to argue that we don’t really know if climate change is occurring, just remind them that all the signals show a global warming."

https://skepticalscience.com/report-...istent-gw.html

the climate is going to do what the climate is going to do. What is bound to be wrong are the models and timing of or response to the issue

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    the climate is going to do what the climate is going to do. What is bound to be wrong are the models and timing of or response to the issue
    I suspect you do not have a clue what climate is. Define it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    I suspect you do not have a clue what climate is. Define it for us.
    Must do better.

Must do better.
    Yes, you should.

Back of the class.

Yes, you should.

Back of the class.
    good luck trying to find a dancing monkey for your amusement and well done on deflecting and not answering my point

good luck trying to find a dancing monkey for your amusement and well done on deflecting and not answering my point
    Why should I look for a dancing monkey when I have you?

Your point? You had a point, then. Have another go, carefully defining what you mean by "climate".

Why should I look for a dancing monkey when I have you?

Your point? You had a point, then. Have another go, carefully defining what you mean by "climate".

climate

/ˈklʌɪmət/

noun

noun: climate; plural noun: climates

the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.
    "our cold, wet climate"

synonyms: weather pattern, weather conditions, weather, atmospheric conditions
    "the Channel Islands have an enviably mild climate"

•a region with a particular climate.
    "he had grown up in a hot climate"

synonyms: region, area, zone, country, place; literaryclime
    "they migrate here from colder climates"

•the prevailing trend of public opinion or of another aspect of life.
    "the current economic climate"

synonyms: atmosphere, mood, temper, spirit, feeling, feel, ambience, aura, tenor, tendency, essence, ethos, attitude, milieu; informalvibe(s)
    "the political climate of the 1940s"

Definition ok, presumably from a Dictionary, so not a Scientific glossary, the synonyms are bull************************. We never say "The climate is wet today", or "What is the climate going to be like next week?".

So the climate of a region is basically the long term weather statistics of a region - that is what defines why the climate of Ireland is different from the climate of the Sahara Desert. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate

So the "the climate is bound to do what the climate is bound to do" is basically saying that the long term weather statistics of a region will always stay the same. That is what it means to me, and it is of course wrong. Climate, or weather measured over long periods, does show discernible change in response to external forcings. Here are some long term weather statistics of earth - temperature, heat content, humidity, sea ice extent etc. all changing in lockstep, suggesting a single driver.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment