Register to Comment
Page 6135 of 6201 FirstFirst ... 5135 5635 6035 6085 612561336134613561366137 6145 6185 ... LastLast
Results 61,341 to 61,350 of 62006
Like Tree13215Likes
  1. #61341
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,768

    I was making a good contribution on the Journal.ie web site but they have banned me from posting.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #61342
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,768

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicist View Post
    Even an old fossil like myself knows that the main disadvantages of using fossil fuels is the pollution they cause and which appears not to bother yourself.

    The plllutant affects are well documented and proven scientifically
    Carbon dioxide is released into the air when fossil fuels are burned. This has been directly linked to global warming so this is why fossil fuels are very dangerous to the general health of our planet.
    Answer this qualified founder of Greenpeace. https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...9&action=click
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #61343
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,768

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Crant lives in the world of "Alternative Facts" where one can make a blanket declaration about renewable energy without fear of having to defend it i.e. any refutation will lead to the "Alternative Facts" being repeated more loudly in the stuck-record technique that deniers love.

    Just for the record:

    U.S. solar experiences record-smashing year
    200,000 people are working in an industry that is revolutionizing the energy sector.


    Here in Ireland we installed 2,300 mw of wind energy, what saving in fossil fuel has it brought. Absolutely zero. We are still burning as much fossil fuel as before . There has been no independent assessment of wind energy as required by the SEA Directive, We have the 3rd highers electricity prices in the world. This is a fact, the problem is government has so far failed to accept this fact.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #61344
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,768

    Owde is raving on again about the jobs in the US. As President Trump pointed out, America has been loosing jobs in manufacturing. Solar energy jobs are paid for by tax payers. America has nothing to show for its solar foray. Owde never answered my question and will not answer it, why? Because she has no answer! Here t is again.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/high-te...ver-1434138485
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #61345
    mossyman mossyman is offline
    mossyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,709

    Carbon Dioxide Is Rising at Record Rates



    Carbon Dioxide Is Rising at Record Rates | Climate Central
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #61346
    Trainwreck Trainwreck is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,948

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Crant lives in the world of "Alternative Facts" where one can make a blanket declaration about renewable energy without fear of having to defend it i.e. any refutation will lead to the "Alternative Facts" being repeated more loudly in the stuck-record technique that deniers love.

    Just for the record:

    U.S. solar experiences record-smashing year
    200,000 people are working in an industry that is revolutionizing the energy sector.



    Not for the first time - this is a bad thing
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #61347
    The Crant The Crant is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    332

    I am just off the phone from my brother in the US. He was a Democrat but changed to Trump this time. He says that there is a very real fear among Democratic supporters that they will be out of power in America for the next 20 years. No matter what happens Trump, either he or Pence will be elected next time and they realize that unless they can get him out now Trumpers will be president for a long time. Lifting climate change taxes and regulations will cause a growth in the economy and Trump's immigration policy is target at stopping non workers and allowing in workers and those with skills. In that environment voters will stick with the formula.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #61348
    The Crant The Crant is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    332

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyman View Post
    Carbon Dioxide Is Rising at Record Rates



    Carbon Dioxide Is Rising at Record Rates | Climate Central
    It would be very good news if it were true. Its only about 400 ppm. Not enough to enhance plant growth and keep food on the table.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #61349
    The Crant The Crant is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    332

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Answer this qualified founder of Greenpeace. https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...9&action=click
    No answer forthcoming, you must be bluffing so.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #61350
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,768

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Here in Ireland we installed 2,300 mw of wind energy, what saving in fossil fuel has it brought. Absolutely zero. We are still burning as much fossil fuel as before . There has been no independent assessment of wind energy as required by the SEA Directive, We have the 3rd highers electricity prices in the world. This is a fact, the problem is government has so far failed to accept this fact.
    And in Germany, see what Owde has to say about this? Nothing I reckon, German Power Sector In Massive Trauma As Electricity Giant EON Set To Post Colossal
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment