Register to Comment
Page 4279 of 4506 FirstFirst ... 3279 3779 4179 4229 426942774278427942804281 4289 4329 4379 ... LastLast
Results 42,781 to 42,790 of 45057
Like Tree9191Likes

Greg Laden on Arctic Sea Ice - notice the difference between the first 10 ears up to 1988, and the last 10 years:

These are NSIDC figures, AFAIK.

Current Status of Arctic Sea Ice Extent – Greg Laden's Blog
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    An intrepid journalist crashes the Heartland Institute Denial-a-Palooza conference in Las Vegas, and meets The Usual Suspects a.k.a. a group of cranky middle-aged men who are hustling their next paycheck out of fossil fuel companies.

I Crashed a Climate Change Denial Conference in Las Vegas | VICE United Kingdom
    We need to realize that science is science—not a partisan issue...

=> The Danger of ‘Balanced’ Climate Science in the Media

Quote Originally Posted by SirCharles View Post
    We need to realize that science is science—not a partisan issue..
    Climate Change Conference Calls for an end to Capitalism

"The structural causes of climate change are linked to the current capitalist hegemonic system."

Well. Here the outcome of U.S. hegemonic corporatism:

Poll: U.S. Leads The World… In Climate Denial

Quote Originally Posted by kront999 View Post
    Thursday, July 17, 2014

New paper finds only ~3.75% of atmospheric CO2 is man-made from burning of fossil fuels
    A paper published today in Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics finds that only about 3.75% [15 ppm] of the CO2 in the lower atmosphere is man-made from the burning of fossil fuels, and thus, the vast remainder of the 400 ppm atmospheric CO2 is from land-use changes and natural sources such as ocean outgassing and plant respiration.

According to the authors,
    We find that the average gradients of fossil fuel CO2 in the lower 1200 meters of the atmosphere are close to 15 ppm at a 12 km × 12 km horizontal resolution.
    The findings are in stark contrast to alarmist claims that essentially all of the alleged 130 ppm increase in CO2 since pre-industrial times is of man-made origin from the burning of fossil fuels, finding instead that only 15 ppm or ~11.5% of the increase is of fossil fuel origin. The findings cast additional doubt upon the IPCC carbon-cycle Bern Model, previously falsified by the atomic bomb tests.

Furthermore, if use of fossil-fuels has contributed such a small part of total atmospheric CO2 levels, restricting use of fossil fuels will have little effect upon CO2 levels.

Full paper open access:

Atmos. Chem. Phys., 14, 7273-7290, 2014
    doi:10.5194/acp-14-7273-2014
    A reply from the authors of the scientific article on the “review” on The Hockey Schtick blog has pointed out that the results cited are grossly misinterpreted and the blog has taken down the entire review and following comments.

Quote Originally Posted by dbozhinova View Post
    A reply from the authors of the scientific article on the “review” on The Hockey Schtick blog has pointed out that the results cited are grossly misinterpreted and the blog has taken down the entire review and following comments.
    More or less what I said myself at the time.

PS That stuff about the Bern Model and the IPCC is just shyte added by a denier on his website, and without scientific merit.
    The Climate Change Debate Thread

That "Conference" seems to have been a fringe group of groups, certainty there was little or no science related to it.

The fact that it was in a petro-state like Venezuela makes me suspect dirty work behind that so-called "Declaration" which has been reported so far only by right-wing media.

Calling for the end of carbon pricing and the "green economy" suggests you and other deniers should be supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbozhinova View Post
    While admitting that I didn't read the review and comments, why did the blog take down the review instead of letting the authors point out the misinterpretation? I followed the link which leads to a summary of the paper and this seems to agree with the points made in Kronts post:
    Abstract. Radiocarbon dioxide (14CO2, reported in Δ14CO2) can be used to determine the fossil fuel CO2 addition to the atmosphere, since fossil fuel CO2 no longer contains any 14C. After the release of CO2 at the source, atmospheric transport causes dilution of strong local signals into the background and detectable gradients of Δ14CO2 only remain in areas with high fossil fuel emissions. This fossil fuel signal can moreover be partially masked by the enriching effect that anthropogenic emissions of 14CO2 from the nuclear industry have on the atmospheric Δ14CO2.......

We find that the average gradients of fossil fuel CO2 in the lower 1200 m of the atmosphere are close to 15 ppm at a 12 km × 12 km horizontal resolution.
    ACP - Abstract - Simulating the integrated summertime ?14CO2 signature from anthropogenic emissions over Western Europe

EDIT: I just noticed the lead author of the report is D Bozhinova - is that you? If so, it would be appreciated if you could explain how your study was misinterpreted? I freely admit I have not yet read the paper but I will do so.
    Last edited by realist; 24th July 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment