Register to Comment
Page 4200 of 4345 FirstFirst ... 3200 3700 4100 4150 419041984199420042014202 4210 4250 4300 ... LastLast
Results 41,991 to 42,000 of 43448
Like Tree8990Likes

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote
    Page 2100 of 2100 First ... 1100 1600 2000 2050 2090 2098 2099 2100

How interesting, we've arrived at 2100.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    That ain't ever gonna happen.

No insurance market will ever exist for some act that is claimed to cause everything.
    Why not?

For the right price, anything can be insured and there are plenty of idiots willing to pay the premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by bye bye mubarak View Post
    I support green politics, realise the world we live in is in danger, people are blind to the issue , dismissive to the issue or rejectionist, but the GP is not that transfer friendly, I'll never vote for them again
    This is why

Revealed: the full cost of dumping our outgoing government TDs
    I will guess you live in South Dublin where most green support is located, although there are a few Donegal, but they are not natives. The word green is only a label for a movement of which Eamon Ryan is typical. They make their own science, try to get it adapted by government before any notices and then invest in it. Most of the investors in the Skryne wind farm which drove the Keane Family out of their homes were south Dublin doctors. Ryan came close and a lot of praying was done last night for divine intervention to keep him out. I was too busy to do negative campaigning against him. However, a few of us have been doing some serious letter writing and spreading the word about to damage the fake green agenda, for the past 5 years. It is possible it had some effect. He ended up with 72,000 plus votes. Some are empty heads, but there is still work to be done to further damage the fake green movement and replace it with a genuine one.

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    I will guess you live in South Dublin where most green support is located, although there are a few Donegal, but they are not natives. The word green is only a label for a movement of which Eamon Ryan is typical. They make their own science, try to get it adapted by government before any notices and then invest in it. Most of the investors in the Skryne wind farm which drove the Keane Family out of their homes were south Dublin doctors. Ryan came close and a lot of praying was done last night for divine intervention to keep him out. I was too busy to do negative campaigning against him. However, a few of us have been doing some serious letter writing and spreading the word about to damage the fake green agenda, for the past 5 years. It is possible it had some effect. He ended up with 72,000 plus votes. Some are empty heads, but there is still work to be done to further damage the fake green movement and replace it with a genuine one.
    WRONG. But never mind. I actually agree about the false green agenda. The people who put up wind farms might portray themselves as Green warriors, but destroy the landscape as in Gaoth Dobhair, and are purely just interested in money.
    As for the corrupt GP leaders, only interested in pensions, power and posts.
    but there is still work to be done to further damage the fake green movement and replace it with a genuine one. Totally agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Why not?

For the right price, anything can be insured and there are plenty of idiots willing to pay the premiums.
    Sure, people are stupid enough to pay, but the insurance industry isn't so stupid to offer guarranteed pay-offs. or if they were, they would quickly go bankrupt anyway. Imagine, you underwrite a policy against loss de to "man made climate change".

There is a hurricane - you pay up.
    There is no hurricane - you pay up.

There is a drought - you pay up.
    There is a flood - you pay up.

Policyholders would be demanding payments whteve happened, or didn't happen. There is no profit in that.

Quote Originally Posted by bye bye mubarak View Post
    WRONG. But never mind. I actually agree about the false green agenda. The people who put up wind farms might portray themselves as Green warriors, but destroy the landscape as in Gaoth Dobhair, and are purely just interested in money.
    As for the corrupt GP leaders, only interested in pensions, power and posts.
    but there is still work to be done to further damage the fake green movement and replace it with a genuine one. Totally agreed
    My father and Uncle had national school only. They would be sending off for kits to develop photographs in the 1920's. I would hear dad talk about alternating current, direct current, condensers, transformers , voltage amps watts etc etc when I was 8 years old. He had a coil and flash light battery in his pocket when going into town and he would hold his hand out to shake hands. Just when someone was getting a firm handshake, he would press the button and they would get a shock and let a shout. He would come home in great humour when he would shock some corner boy. But he instilled in me a love of science, a desire to be technically correct. I followed a different career path, but I still help students build capacitors and "buck- she" motors out of supermarket items. This is why I hate the greens. They implement policy based on ignorance and greed. A bit like getting me to perform Ballet, not on. Thats why I want Ryan out and Rabbitte out. They represent greed, corruption and ignorance over education, enlightenment and wisdom. Over science really. Good riddence.

The green movement has been hi-jacked by corporate interests who are making a mint pedalling failed technologies like wind. The current Irish green party is a prime example of that

When Ryan was loosing, he tried to say there was a ballot box unopened under a table. Then he called for a re-count, which I don't take issue with. Then he tried to order the returning officer to start the re-count earlier than the set time of 2pm. The returning officer soon told him where to get off. Blame everyone only his own stupid policies. Most of his transfers came from Labour proving that labour are really a big shot's party. Fine Gael and Senior Labour love him. Coveny complemented him on twitter. He can go back to Clonskeagh and cry to Eddie O'Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    The green movement has been hi-jacked by corporate interests who are making a mint pedalling failed technologies like wind. The current Irish green party is a prime example of that
    Worse than that.

First it was the refuge for the extreme Left when the Iron Wall collapsed. It provided the perfect means to an end - anti-capitalism. Patrick Moore, one of the founding members of Greenpeace left the orgnaisation for that very reason.

This corrupted the movment, which then found dishonest bed-fellows in the "renewables" industry and also ironicall in the fossil fuel industry (just see the video catching Ed Begley doing deals with supposd Middle Eastern oil sheiks to try and spike the US oil and gas industry).

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Worse than that.

First it was the refuge for the extreme Left when the Iron Wall collapsed. It provided the perfect means to an end - anti-capitalism. Patrick Moore, one of the founding members of Greenpeace left the orgnaisation for that very reason.

This corrupted the movment, which then found dishonest bed-fellows in the "renewables" industry and also ironicall in the fossil fuel industry (just see the video catching Ed Begley doing deals with supposd Middle Eastern oil sheiks to try and spike the US oil and gas industry).
    More "wow", braindreck => Fracking south-east England for oil may be pointless - environment - 23 May 2014 - New Scientist

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment