Register to Comment
Page 4112 of 6589 FirstFirst ... 311236124012406241024110411141124113411441224162421246125112 ... LastLast
Results 41,111 to 41,120 of 65883
Like Tree13950Likes

Quote Originally Posted by barry schwarz View Post
    "Totalitarianism" is what governments do. This is about individuals making choices. Talk about hype.
    It is about the 97%.

Tell us once more about the "science" and the free independent minds of "scientists " have reached a "consensus".
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Apart from the decline, the most notable feature to my eye is the change since 2007 to an anomaly pattern that more closely mimics the seasonal variation.
    And the pause

You don't understand that "decline" refers to trend. The recent anomalies don't change the long-term realities. Even today the long-term decline of Arctic sea ice is much stronger than Antarctic increase.
    I see, so when it was decided to "Hide the decline," according to you, the "trend" was being hidden.

Thanks for clearing that one up. Í┐Í

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Take a look at this.

- Bishop Hill blog - The community strikesáback

Just wow! Don't tell me Climate Alarmism isn't the new totalitarianism.

And it clearly holds the entire academic discipline in its iron-like despotic grip.

No single event casts such a cloud over the entire opus of "climate research". As was clear in this case - "do research our way or you won't do any at all".
    "Colleagues withdrawing support and refusing joint authorship" is totalitarianism? Don't you think that it just might be that reputable "colleagues refuse to be identified with his misinformation campaignand "authorship" of dodgy papers?

Glenn Greenwald: U.S. Corporate Media is "Neutered, Impotent and Obsolete"

Apparently, scientists are not entitled to their scientific opinion any more:

Dear Professor Henderson,

I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety. I see therefore no other way out therefore than resigning from GWPF. I had not expecting such an enormous world-wide pressure put at me from a community that I have been close to all my active life. Colleagues are withdrawing their support, other colleagues are withdrawing from joint authorship etc.

I see no limit and end to what will happen. It is a situation that reminds me about the time of McCarthy. I would never have expecting anything similar in such an original peaceful community as meteorology. Apparently it has been transformed in recent years.

Under these situation I will be unable to contribute positively to the work of GWPF and consequently therefore I believe it is the best for me to reverse my decision to join its Board at the earliest possible time.

With my best regards

Lennart Bengtsson
    Lennart Bengtsson Resigns: GWPF Voices Shock and Concern at the Extent of Intolerance within the Climate Science Community | The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF)

Activist charlatans will be pleased, right TJ?

What madness is this?
    You tell me.

The minimum before the last was - by far - the lowest in the record. The long-term trend for every month is negative.
    We're living in an interglacial, what else should we expect?

This is the same outlook as the idots[sic] who cry "recovery" every time the record is not broken.
    Unlike the catastrophist idots[sic] who seem to wish for a catastrophe.

Wretched pablum.
    Wretched what?

"Pablum, trademark for an infant cerealFirst Known Use: 1932."

Quote Originally Posted by Agnotologist View Post
    "Colleagues withdrawing support and refusing joint authorship" is totalitarianism? Don't you think that it just might be that reputable "colleagues refuse to be identified with his misinformation campaignand "authorship" of dodgy papers?
    So now you are telling us that science isn't about embracing the skeptics? It isn't about trying to find what is wrong with a theory?

It's about toeing the line

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrotologist View Post
    ... campaignand[sic] ...
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    So now you are telling us that science isn't about embracing the skeptics? It isn't about trying to find what is wrong with a theory?

It's about toeing the line
    I am telling you what I told you. That reputable scientists will not want to be identified with or co-author a paper with a charlatan. If he were just a sceptic, they would have the same obligation given that he has no evidential work to support him.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment