Register to Comment
Page 3831 of 6589 FirstFirst ... 283133313731378138213829383038313832383338413881393143314831 ... LastLast
Results 38,301 to 38,310 of 65890
Like Tree13950Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    I suppose you realise you're challenging "one of the most scientifically educated and aware" posters on P.ie?

No matter, he'll probably ignore you anyway.
    And why would he ignore you, you ask?

Probably because he believes he really is "one of the most scientifically educated and aware" posters on P.ie.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Reinhart, Rogoff... and Herndon: The student who caught out the profs

"This week, economists have been astonished to find that a famous academic paper often used to make the case for austerity cuts contains major errors. Another surprise is that the mistakes, by two eminent Harvard professors, were spotted by a student doing his homework...No matter how he tried, he just couldn’t replicate Reinhart and Rogoff’s results……."

BBC News - Reinhart, Rogoff... and Herndon: The student who caught out the profs

Naturally our stooges, cannot imagine the need for skeptics to see metadata - because mistakes are always found in Peer Review.

UWA Vice-Chancellor Refuses Lewandowsky Data « Climate Audit

" Dear Mr McIntyre,

I refer to your series of emails to University officers including Professor Maybery and myself (which you have copied to other recipients including the Australian Research Council) in which you request access to Professor Lewandowsky’s data.

I am aware that you have made inflammatory statements on your weblog “Climate Audit” under the heading “Lewandowsky Ghost-wrote Conclusions of UWA Ethics Investigation into “Hoax”” including attacks on the character and professionalism of University staff. It is apparent that your antagonism towards Professor Lewandowsky’s research is so unbalanced that there is no useful purpose to be served in corresponding with you further. I regard your continued correspondence to be vexatious and there will be no further response to your requests for data.

Yours faithfully,
    Professor Paul Johnson,
    Vice-Chancellor"

^ClimateClownBusiness as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnotologist View Post
    And on whose dime does McIntre work?
    The world may never know.

But, if you are interested in Steve McIntyre and his dimes, the answer follows:

Aggy needs to know!

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotleft View Post
    Reinhart, Rogoff... and Herndon: The student who caught out the profs

"This week, economists have been astonished to find that a famous academic paper often used to make the case for austerity cuts contains major errors. Another surprise is that the mistakes, by two eminent Harvard professors, were spotted by a student doing his homework...No matter how he tried, he just couldn’t replicate Reinhart and Rogoff’s results……."

BBC News - Reinhart, Rogoff... and Herndon: The student who caught out the profs

Naturally our stooges, cannot imagine the need for skeptics to see metadata - because mistakes are always found in Peer Review.

UWA Vice-Chancellor Refuses Lewandowsky Data « Climate Audit

" Dear Mr McIntyre,

I refer to your series of emails to University officers including Professor Maybery and myself (which you have copied to other recipients including the Australian Research Council) in which you request access to Professor Lewandowsky’s data.

I am aware that you have made inflammatory statements on your weblog “Climate Audit” under the heading “Lewandowsky Ghost-wrote Conclusions of UWA Ethics Investigation into “Hoax”” including attacks on the character and professionalism of University staff. It is apparent that your antagonism towards Professor Lewandowsky’s research is so unbalanced that there is no useful purpose to be served in corresponding with you further. I regard your continued correspondence to be vexatious and there will be no further response to your requests for data.

Yours faithfully,
    Professor Paul Johnson,
    Vice-Chancellor"

^ClimateClownBusiness as usual.
    Great comment:

" mpaul says:
    March 28, 2014 at 7:19 pm

The most damning thing in the UWA correspondence dossier is when Kate Kirk, the Executive Officer to the UWA Human Research Ethics Committee at the University of Western Australia, writes to approve Lew’s modification of his study (the modification being a requests that Lew be able to conceal his involvement, among other things). She writes:

fine for you to leave your name off as long as the standard complaints paragraph and contact details are there. I look forward to receiving the hate mail. I’ll let you know if I get any

They clearly anticipated that Lew’s study would cause injury to some of the subjects and Ms. Kirk was commenting about taking pleasure in receiving the ethics complaints.

Now imagine, if you will, that during a products liability law suit, an email comes to light in which the defendant writes: “Fine for you to change the material on our tires. I’m looking forward to hearing all the whining from people when their tires blow out at 60 mph!” "

Lewandowsky’s UWA cohorts answer on data access is essentially ‘no, and hell no’

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Provide a properly labelled and attributed chart then we can discuss.
    Just what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    RCP = Representative Concentration Pathway

There are 4 ranging from 8.5, the old "Business as Usual" (the red line in the chart), and RCP2.6, cuts in emissions (blue line).

A read of this Real Climate post would be of use to you, where you will find a copy of the chart, taken from teh last IPCC report. Even better to read the IPCC Report AR5.

RealClimate: Sea-level rise: What the experts expect
    Many factors besides CO2 emissions contribute to an RCP.

I noticed that they also take into account land water storage in the sea level projections.

Quote Originally Posted by barry schwarz View Post
    Many factors besides CO2 emissions contribute to an RCP.

I noticed that they also take into account land water storage in the sea level projections.
    Do people actually get paid for creating this stuff?

Trends in sea level change.

Top: the data

Bottom: after "model adjustments"

See how easy it is to rewrite data and hide a decline in the deceleration in sea level

Lewandowsky’s “research team”. Who is Mike Hubble-Marriott?

"Lewandowsky’s “research team”. Who is Mike Hubble-Marriott?

The fourth name on the new Lewandowsky paper is Mike Hubble-Marriott, from “Climate Realities Research, Melbourne”. What isn’t listed on the paper, is that Mike’s “climate research” is published under the anonymous moniker of Mike, on a site called WatchingTheDeniers A site incidentally, which is linked in the paper. Perhaps they ought to have disclosed that?

Climate Realities Research has no website, it doesn’t appear to be a registered business, and Googling doesn’t shed any light on it. Just how serious is his research?"

Lewandowsky’s “research team”. Who is Mike Hubble-Marriott? « JoNova

Cook, Lewandowsky, and SkS, need some support boys, better jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    We have often noted the confluence between climate change denial and other loony conspiracy theories. Indeed, these have been academically demonstrated by a paper written by Stephen Lewandowsky and an associate.
    You don't say, "academically demonstrated"...sounds almost real.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment