Register to Comment
Like Tree9252Likes

Quote Originally Posted by correr View Post
    Funny how climate change scam promoters never mention the pollution caused by building wind turbines or solar panels, but it's okay when the pollution occurs in manufacturing solar panels in China, oh well as long as its not in their own back yard.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...ard6qpc34xPGEQ
    Gavin Atkins, the wunderkind, has figured out that it costs energy to make things. I wonder if he plans to share his insights with the cost/benefit 'experts'.
    Last edited by barry schwarz; 29th March 2014 at 05:46 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    Scratch a liberal and you sometimes find a raving fascist underneath.

The history of those who claim a "scientific" basis for their politics is not a pretty one. The liberal scientific establishment in Britain and the US supported the Eugenics movement, for example.
    I think you need to change your username Voltaire, what was it he said
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    That is rich, coming from someone who has been posting material from the racist and antisemitic site Stormfront elsewhere on the site, a poster who is in totally denial of the reported facts of history and science.

These climate science deniers are always protesting that they should not be bracketed with Holocaust Deniers like this yob.

Now that they have a chance to show clear blue water between him and they, what is the betting they will funk it?

I was right, the Holocaust Denier and rancid fascist is welcomed by his climate denial peers:

Well they had the chance to show good faith in rejecting antisemitism, hatred for Israel and Jew-baiting. But all those are acceptable if someone is a climate science denier as well. Why am I not surprised?

How are ye me mucker, I think you're the one thats antisemetic after all your the one that wants to kill Syrians, arn't they also semetic? man I thought you were superintelligent.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...6aUTkDf4-lv8fw

On Forced Temperature Changes, Internal Variability and the AMO†

Michael E. Mann,
    Byron A. Steinman and
    Sonya K. Miller*

Keywords:

AMO;
    climate oscillations;
    internal/forced variability;
    stadium waves

• We estimate the low-frequency internal variability of Northern Hemisphere (NH) mean temperature using observed temperature variations, which include both forced and internal variability components, and several alternative model simulations of the (natural + anthropogenic) forced component alone.
    • We then generate an ensemble of alternative historical temperature histories based on the statistics of the estimated internal variability. Using this ensemble, we show, firstly, that recent NH mean temperatures fall within the range of expected multidecadal variability.
    • Using the synthetic temperature histories, we also show that certain procedures used in past studies to estimate internal variability, and in particular, an internal multidecadal oscillation termed the “Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation” or “AMO”, fail to isolate the true internal variability when it is a priori known.
    • Such procedures yield an AMO signal with an inflated amplitude and biased phase, attributing some of the recent NH mean temperature rise to the AMO.
    • The true AMO signal, instead, appears likely to have been in a cooling phase in recent decades, offsetting some of the anthropogenic warming. Claims of multidecadal “stadium wave” patterns of variation across multiple climate indices are also shown to likely be an artifact of this flawed procedure for isolating putative climate oscillations

On Forced Temperature Changes, Internal Variability and the AMO - Mann - Geophysical Research Letters - Wiley Online Library

Main points:

• Warming of the past decade, during which time some have claimed global warming to have experienced a “pause,” is within expected range given internal variability.
    • Certain common procedures fail to isolate internal variability in climate.
    • The Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO) appears to have been in a cooling phase in recent decades.
    • “Stadium wave” patterns appear to be methodological artifacts of flawed assessment procedures

New Paper: On Forced Temperature Changes, Internal Variability and the AMO – Greg Laden's Blog

Animation of the retreat of the Pine Island Glacier in Antarctica, from Wired:

Science Graphic of the Week: Radar Reveals Massive Antarctic Ice Retreat - Wired Science

Over the last 20 years, radar from satellites has created a continuous snapshot of the ice sheet in Western Antarctica — and shown that the ice might be thinning faster than previously thought.

A late start to the Malaysia qualifying due to heavy rain, so I pop in to see what's going on here, only to find some are wittering about eugenics and holocausts on a climate change thread.

Unable to see a connection, I'll get back to F1 quali.

Enjoy the beautiful game.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Animation of the retreat of the Pine Island Glacier in Antarctica, from Wired:

Science Graphic of the Week: Radar Reveals Massive Antarctic Ice Retreat - Wired Science

Over the last 20 years, radar from satellites has created a continuous snapshot of the ice sheet in Western Antarctica — and shown that the ice might be thinning faster than previously thought.
    You do know what is underneath the Pine Island glacier don't you? It was in the news only a couple of years ago.

They discovered an active volcano. In fact the entire Antarctic pensula is a volcanic chain. It is pretty obvious when you look at a map.

Next question. Is the Pine Isand glacier thought to be melting from above (atmospheric warming) or below (ground warming)? Hint: the latter. Have climate "scientists" discovered yet another bizarre twist to their failing theory? Is the missng energy skipping the atmosphere and going straight into the earth?

Quote Originally Posted by barry schwarz View Post
    Enjoy the beautiful game.
    Say what, I thought that was supposed to be soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Say what, I thought that was supposed to be soccer?
    My mistake. I was thinking of the world cup. Thought I was in Brazil...

Enjoy the racing.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment