Register to Comment
Page 3699 of 6518 FirstFirst ... 269931993599364936893697369836993700370137093749379941994699 ... LastLast
Results 36,981 to 36,990 of 65176
Like Tree13858Likes

Haha! one comment:

" Janearthlover • an hour ago

Great now do something to really CHANGE it besides assuaging your egos."
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotleft View Post
    That seems to to be the modus operandi with you folks then confronted with any inconvenient fact.

Carry on.
    What "inconvenient fact"? You posting rubbish?

Again, just another day...

Extreme Events: 05 March 2014

Australia

Spectacular storm hits Sydney with thunder and wild showers

Bushfire threatens homes in Waroona

Storm wave surges over Sydney

Upsetting scenes from Australia's drought

India

Hailstorm causes havoc in Hyderabad

Marshall Islands

Marshall Islands face evacuations as sea swamps capital

New Zealand

Lyttelton flooding, landslide 'complete chaos'

US

Task Force: California storms didn’t end drought

Other information of interest

In areas of Indonesia hit hard by the 2004 tsunami, investment in children’s resilience yields long-term results

Aon Benfield’s Impact Forecasting Releases Updated European Windstorm Model

Philippines disaster-prone but successful in risk reduction program

Fracking health risks must be established now, before the industry grows

This bulletin provides a summary of extreme event reports from public sources. Public Health England is not responsible for the content from external sites.
    Extreme Events and Health Protection Website

Sent on behalf of:
    EXTREME EVENTS
    Extreme Events and Health Protection
    Wellington House
    133-155 Waterloo Road
    London SE1 8UG
    Tel No: +44 (0) 207 811 7143
    Fax No: +44 (0) 207 811 7759
    Email: [email protected]

This service is provided to you at no charge by the Extreme Events and Health Protection Section,

"In further indications of global warming induced cold, Niagara Falls has frozen over for a second time this winter. "

New study suggests that global warming induced cold may cause some people to shrink.

Niagara Falls comes to frozen halt AGAIN as subfreezing temperatures freeze water | Mail Online

Niagara Falls Freezes Over – Again | Watts Up With That?
    Niagara Falls has frozen over many times in the past. I have been there. The city is not my favourite plce; too touristy now and it was much more pleasant years ago. Bit, it is just twenty miles from Niagara-on-the-Lake where the Shaw festival is hld and a beautiful Parkway drive along the Niagara River between.

The Falls has a couple of interesting exibitions.

I enjoy the Shw Festival and seing plays by the "Scottish" Playwright, Shaw. (For the idiot. Earthling).

"Global Carbon Markets peaked in 2011 at €96bn euro. Over the next two years they plummeted to €36bn* euro collapsing by 60%. Though the press didn’t seem in a hurry to convey that, and if I search, no government funded agency has done a graph like this below (perhaps I missed it?)"

"A breathless journalist at Thompson Reuters describes the possible revival of the market back to 30% below the peak as “astounding”:

"Emil Dimantchev, analyst at Thomson Reuters Point Carbon, anticipates that such significant growth will be driven by “expectations that after imminent backloading is implemented early in 2014, EUA prices could rise to €7.5/t, increasing over-the-counter and exchange traded liquidity. This would lead to an astounding increase in value, up by more than two thirds to €61bn ($US84bn) from €36bn ($US49bn) in 2013”. –BusinessSpectator"

Let’s not forget this soaring revival is only due to Government decree. The EU voted to simply hold back some promised carbon credits. They cornered the market from the start. There is nothing “free” about this fixed market, and the people who will pay (consumers and taxpayers, us) don’t get a choice. "

Zombie carbon market falls 60%, revived by EU decree – media spins “soaring success” « JoNova

A great read. She also links to Bloomberg quote:

"Governments will cut the supply of new carbon permits by 53% in an effort to bring it closer to balance with demand, and to ensure higher prices. ...."

What a clusterfornicate.
    The carbon market needs to be reformed for long. There were far too many certificates handed out at the beginning. => 'Deeper, faster' carbon market reform

Reuters

Four European environment ministers on Tuesday urged the bloc to reform the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) sooner than the 2021 start currently proposed, a move that could propel carbon prices higher in the near term. In January, the European Commission proposed a so-called market stability reserve for the ETS to help drive up prices to encourage more investment in low-carbon technologies and meet long-term emission targets.

The measure follows a shorter-term backloading plan and is aimed at enabling the ETS to adjust better to economic changes by creating a buffer of carbon permits from 2021 that would hold or release permits depending on market balance.

At near 7 euros, carbon is well below the 30 euro levels hit in 2008 because rigid rules meant governments handed out too many permits, creating a surplus of more than 2 billion.

"These proposals are also to be welcomed in principle. Germany is of the opinion that a sustained strengthening of the ETS is needed and we need it earlier than 2021," German Environment Minister Barbara Hendricks said.

Her counterparts from Britain, Denmark and Sweden made similar calls during a European Union meeting in Brussels, in the first ministerial discussion of the proposal.

The ministers were also among a larger coalition of 13 environment ministers from mainly western member states to sign a more general statement saying the ETS "continues to require urgent and significant strengthening".

The 13 states would still need additional support to reach a qualified majority of member states and European Parliament needed to enact the measure in a legislative process expected to take around two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnotologist View Post
    Niagara Falls has frozen over many times in the past. I have been there. The city is not my favourite plce; too touristy now and it was much more pleasant years ago. Bit, it is just twenty miles from Niagara-on-the-Lake where the Shaw festival is hld and a beautiful Parkway drive along the Niagara River between.

I enjoy the Shw Festival and seing plays by the "Scottish" Playwright, Shaw. (For the idiot. Earthling).
    It's the Daily Fail and Watts, Agno. The usual spin. This here would suit them even more => Breaking News: Climate Change Is Real, But the Earth Is Actually Cooling Rapidly

"Bob Ward’s “rat-snake” ploy"

"It seems the irascible Bob Ward from the Grantham Institute just couldn’t handle having climate skeptics allowed to give an opinion before the UK Parliament, so he filed rebuttals to every witness. I’ve been sitting on this over a week, and Donna Laframboise reports that the cat is out of the bag now, along with the skeptic response to Bob Ward, who she labels a “rat-snake” for his intolerance."

Poor stupid Bob, he cant even get the facts straight and he gets his butt kicked by a sweet little lady.

Bob Ward’s “rat-snake” ploy | Watts Up With That?
    Donna Laframboise with her strong background in! Da da.... Women's studies and photography tells the policy director of the faculty responsibly for Climate Change studies at the London School of Economics that "I am right and you are wrong" and the denial blogosphere gets into an excited tizzy.

What a desperate fall.

Donna Laframboise with her strong background in! Da da.... Women's studies and photography tells the policy director of the faculty responsibly for Climate Change studies at the London School of Economics that "I am right and you are wrong" and the denial blogosphere gets into an excited tizzy.

What a desperate fall.
    Donna wrote a book claiming the IPCC was a spoiled teenager, and a few hundred climate change deniers declared her an immortal genius on the spot.

She has been dining out on her fifteen minutes ever since.

"...it was much more pleasant years ago".

Before all the little people showed up?

I know it's just anecdotal, but do you know anyone that has shrank from global warming induced cold? I mean you know a lot of people and all.

What a desperate fall.
    Please take 2:53 out of your life and watch it. It has pictures, and I'm sure you will understand it.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment