Register to Comment
Like Tree8930Likes
  1. #36981
    SirCharles SirCharles is offline
    SirCharles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,108

    The top 10 warmest years on record all occurred since 1998



    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #36982
    oneshotleft oneshotleft is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    482

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    A New Fake Report On Climate Change. – Greg Laden's Blog

    The Gentlemen Who Prefer Farce, or Global Warming Policy Foundation, is implicated.

    Cue the flying monkeys who will be shortly proclaiming the advent of a new "Messiah" report.


    Michael E. Mann‏@MichaelEMann·
    #GWPF report (http://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploa...al-Warming.pdf …) w/ #JudithCurry foreword misrepresents #IPCC & entire body of #climate research pic.twitter.com/cMDerK0wXq
    Thanks for the Link to the study Moe, I had not seen that yet, and it will be fun to read.

    From the Landen blog:

    "Lewis and Crok put a lot of weight on what they term the observational record, which as you might guess if you have been following the denialist’s[sic] literature is one of the best places to pick cherries"

    A strange claim indeed.

    Perhaps my "find" feature is broken because it indicates that the phrase "observational record" does not appear on the body of the report. It did find the phrase in the blog, but not the paper.

    This, from the study, was interesting tho.

    "The AR5 authors might not have wanted to declare that some studies are bet-
    ter than others or to adjudicate between observational and model-basedlines
    of evidence, but we believe that this is exactly what an assessment is all about:
    using expert knowledge to weigh different sources of evidence
    .."


    Those bastards! "expert knowledge to weigh different sources of evidence" that's just crazy talk!! /sarc
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #36983
    oneshotleft oneshotleft is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    482

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCharles View Post
    If you were intelligent you would promote mitigation of AGW. But you do the opposite. What does that tell us?



    The costs and benefits of climate action: Are policymakers wrong to think we should cut emissions now?

    "If you were intelligent you would promote bloodletting. But you do the opposite." -Anonymous internet poster 1885

    150 years ago you might argue:

    " The main object of general blood letting is to diminish the whole quantity of blood in the system, and thus to lessen the force of the heart's action. The object of local bleeding is, in most instances, that of emptying the gorged and loaded capillaries of the inflammed part. Sometimes the blood is thus taken directly from the turgid vessels themselves; more often, I fancy, topical bloodletting produces its effect by diverting the flow of blood from the affected part, and giving it a new direction, and so indirectly relieving the inflammatory congestion...I cannot too strongly inculcate the precept that in order to extinguish or check acute inflammation, you must above all bleed early." - Watson and Condie's5 PRACTICE OF PHYSIC in 1858.



    Not so much anymore. apparently the observational record destroyed the practice.

    "A tradition of several thousand years dies hard. Austin Flint, M.D.,7 in 1881 gave the following advice:

    A great change has taken place with respect to bloodletting in the treatment of acute inflammations. This measure was formerly thought to be highly important, and was rarely omitted. It is now considered by many as seldom, if ever, called for."

    Red Gold . Blood Basics . Early Practices . A Brief History of Bloodletting | PBS
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #36984
    SirCharles SirCharles is offline
    SirCharles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,108

    Quote Originally Posted by oneshotleft View Post
    "If you were intelligent you would promote bloodletting. But you do the opposite." -Anonymous internet poster 1885

    150 years ago you might argue:

    " The main object of general blood letting is to diminish the whole quantity of blood in the system, and thus to lessen the force of the heart's action. The object of local bleeding is, in most instances, that of emptying the gorged and loaded capillaries of the inflammed part. Sometimes the blood is thus taken directly from the turgid vessels themselves; more often, I fancy, topical bloodletting produces its effect by diverting the flow of blood from the affected part, and giving it a new direction, and so indirectly relieving the inflammatory congestion...I cannot too strongly inculcate the precept that in order to extinguish or check acute inflammation, you must above all bleed early." - Watson and Condie's5 PRACTICE OF PHYSIC in 1858.



    Not so much anymore. apparently the observational record destroyed the practice.

    "A tradition of several thousand years dies hard. Austin Flint, M.D.,7 in 1881 gave the following advice:

    A great change has taken place with respect to bloodletting in the treatment of acute inflammations. This measure was formerly thought to be highly important, and was rarely omitted. It is now considered by many as seldom, if ever, called for."

    Red Gold . Blood Basics . Early Practices . A Brief History of Bloodletting | PBS
    As I said: Come back when you have real ammunition and not that nappy dreck.

    Yawn!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #36985
    oneshotleft oneshotleft is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    482

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnotologist View Post
    I imagine that was taken out of context. If it was not, then Buffet is into something that he will dearly regret. ...

    The effects of climate change have seriously affected the insurance market. And I could tell Buffet where and how much.

    .
    Dude! stick by your phone, as soon as Warren sees this he's gonna be ringing you.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #36986
    SirCharles SirCharles is offline
    SirCharles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,108

    British Floods Could Be a Harbinger

    The county of Somerset may be a microcosm for the dilemmas that nations are likely to face in the future, as climate change accentuates unusual weather.

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #36987
    oneshotleft oneshotleft is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    482

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCharles View Post
    British Floods Could Be a Harbinger

    The county of Somerset may be a microcosm for the dilemmas that nations are likely to face in the future, as climate change accentuates unusual weather.

    Or it could just be a storm. No one knows for sure.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #36988
    Agnotologist Agnotologist is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,136

    Quote Originally Posted by oneshotleft View Post
    Dude! stick by your phone, as soon as Warren sees this he's gonna be ringing you.
    For a price, I would teach him a little about risk and insurance. It could save him from losing a lot of money.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #36989
    oneshotleft oneshotleft is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    482

    "In further indications of global warming induced cold, Niagara Falls has frozen over for a second time this winter. "



    New study suggests that global warming induced cold may cause some people to shrink.



    Niagara Falls comes to frozen halt AGAIN as subfreezing temperatures freeze water | Mail Online

    Niagara Falls Freezes Over – Again | Watts Up With That?
    Last edited by oneshotleft; 5th March 2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #36990
    oneshotleft oneshotleft is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    482

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnotologist View Post
    For a price, I would teach him a little about risk and insurance. It could save him from losing a lot of money.
    It's a mystery that he doesn't have you on speed dial.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment