Register to Comment
Like Tree9053Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Remove the Kochs, Exxon and people like Inhofe from the global equation, and we'd all still be using whale oil lamps.
    Stupid shortsightedness again. We would be in the same place as now except that we would have given up the unsustainable practises earlier and be wel on the way to a carbon neutral world

Take Inhofe out of it and there would be one less blaming God for it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    But what would you have to say about such a shift in EU policy should this leak be proven to be reliable?
    What politicians do in the short term (and do they think any other way ... ?) does not affect the scientific facts ...

Their hand will be forced eventually, anyway.

As for the veracity of newspapers and what pops up on the web, I thought you styled yourself a "sceptic"?

Sad But True: WSJ Editorial Saying Obama Administration Doesn't Drill Enough Is Wrong | ThinkProgress

Murdoch newspapers are just cheerleaders for the rich, powerful and bigoted. You should know that by now. Whatever reputation they once possessed is well lost by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    It is a valid question. You can't simply point to an event and declare it to be an outlier and proof of some particular cause (in this case human caused warming)

If this isn't part of a more extensive and reliable set of data on sea ice cracks, then I will just look on it as an interesting curio from nature of no further significance.
    And you have done an extensive literature search to back this up .... I suppose ....

Definitely Dunning-Kruger. You are so ignorant of the topic of sea ice that you rank your own flatulent pronouncements infinitely higher than they are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrotologist View Post
    Stupid shortsightedness again.
    Don't worry, you still have time to recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrotologist View Post
    We would be in the same place as now except that we would have given up the unsustainable practises earlier and be wel[sic] on the way to a carbon neutral world
    The "same place as now" is here and now, it's impossible to be in two different places at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Who denies climate?

What is climate denial?

Does anyone deny that climate exists?

Quote Originally Posted by imokyrok View Post
    [video=youtube;][A silly video][/video]
    Do they deny climate?

What is climate denial?

Does anyone deny that climate exists?

Winter weather has killed a million Brits since the 1980s and will kill a million more by 2050, experts have warned. Age support groups and doctors blame poor housing, high energy bills and pensioner poverty. Many killed by the cold are elderly but the ill, vulnerable and very young also die. A total of 973,000 people died due to winter weather from 1982/83 to 2011/12, Office of National Statistics data for England and Wales shows. ONS data shows another million Brits will be killed by winters by 2050, based on the average of 27,400 cold weather deaths per winter in the last five years. --Alastair Grant, Daily Star, 3 March 2013

Britain’s relentless big freeze has sparked fears of the highest winter death rate for five years. The brutal Arctic blast has seen temperatures plummet to -13C (9F) amid what could be the coldest March for almost three decades. Pensioner groups warned the death rate among Britain’s elderly has already soared this winter with fears it could hit 30,000 – 6,000 more than last year. The National Federation of Occupational Pensioners (NFOP) said deaths among its members had more than quadrupled since the end of last year. --Nathan Rao, Daily Express, 13 March 2013

This is what mass green hysteria without science causes

Quote Originally Posted by imokyrok View Post
    This means nothing: I had an egg for my breakfast. It fifty thousands people (10,000) sceintists band together and tell the world that I did not have a an egg for my breakfast, that does not change the fact that I did.

I 100,000 people band together ( 25,000) sceintists ) issue a report right now that I did have an egg for my breakfast, that has no bearing on whether I did or not. Unless some evidence exists to prove the yes or no. If you are standing on London Bridge at 4 pm tomorrow and suddenly everyone jumps into the river and die horrible deaths, police men, doctors, scientists, the prime minister, buss drivers. All jump in and then all that is left is you alone. You can do 2 things , you too can jump in or you can do as I would, walk off home and watch the TV news. Its that simple.

The climate change debate is based on assumptions. These assumptions did not agreed on ways to measure the effects, the effect that plants would have in absorbing CO2. They set off tonmake money abating carbon without putting a price on carbon. Now we have our environment destroyed by turbines which do nothing and people are dying from freezing cold because fuel is so expensive to """"""" you guessed it """"""" to Prevent global warming. And they freezing to death. Mad

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Winter weather has killed a million Brits since the 1980s and will kill a million more by 2050, experts have warned. Age support groups and doctors blame poor housing, high energy bills and pensioner poverty. Many killed by the cold are elderly but the ill, vulnerable and very young also die. A total of 973,000 people died due to winter weather from 1982/83 to 2011/12, Office of National Statistics data for England and Wales shows. ONS data shows another million Brits will be killed by winters by 2050, based on the average of 27,400 cold weather deaths per winter in the last five years. --Alastair Grant, Daily Star, 3 March 2013

Britain’s relentless big freeze has sparked fears of the highest winter death rate for five years. The brutal Arctic blast has seen temperatures plummet to -13C (9F) amid what could be the coldest March for almost three decades. Pensioner groups warned the death rate among Britain’s elderly has already soared this winter with fears it could hit 30,000 – 6,000 more than last year. The National Federation of Occupational Pensioners (NFOP) said deaths among its members had more than quadrupled since the end of last year. --Nathan Rao, Daily Express, 13 March 2013

This is what mass green hysteria without science causes
    What sort of third world developing country is Britain?

Catastrophists will assure you that Glowbull warming causes the cold to rush down from the Arctic, therefore Glowbull warming is the main cause of removing the dead wood from British society.

Apparently, a circus calling itself "Climategate 3" just ambled through town, but not many noticed.

... except William Connolley for one:

This caused massive excitement in the denialosphere for a day, but now everyone has quietly forgotten it. You can tell its a damp squib because the only even vaguely “mainstream” news report of it that WUWT can find is a blog piece by James Delingpole, a man so unimportant I haven’t even bothered call him a tosser.
    Climategate 3.0? – Stoat

Gavin Schmidt did bother to find out the volume of web searches for "Climategate" since 2009. Ahem, not good news for deniers then ....

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment