Some were even shouting the odds and wanting to lay bets on the future. Soon, they said, soon Arctic Sea Ice minima will be back where they were in 2006 and before. It's just a natural fluctuation, they shrieked. How dare you claim otherwise! Anyone who disbelieved was a t*rd, a moron, a shYte-for-brains ... you get the drift. An unpleasant lot, those science deniers.
Now, I am told the arch denier Anthony Watts will not even mention ice on his blog. Neither will Steve Mosher. It is just too embarrassing.
These are the ice trend minima for the last few years. This year's figure will be at 4.0m km^2 but quite likely below. The accelerating trend in decline is clear. Tamino's prediction for 2015 is probably going to happen this year. And that is just the area on top - underneath cubic square miles of ice are melting that will never recover.
Well, duh. Obviously.The satellite data is universally regarded as superior for what? Mayors and harbor masters need to know exactly what their local situation is. The satellite numbers don't tell them that
You really are that blinkered, aren't you? The notion of a mean global sea level jibes against your ideology, so you imply that it is a worthless metric to estimate, and that only for estimating relative sea level is the data worth using. A convenient, if specious position. But now that it is clear, it is insufferably narrow-minded, stupid and boring. You are easily smart enough to understand this subject, but unfortunately you are far too bellicose in your predelictions. Next topic.
As for calling me incoherent, well I do have 4 times as many likes as you have here, so that infers that either you are even more incoherent than me, or that all the other posters here apart from the "enlightened" eco-fascists are incoherent. I suppose you think you are better than the vast majority of posters here as well as other races, but then again the environmental movement is infested with smug elitists using and abusing sustainability and a duty of care for nature, as a projection of their own latent authoritarian traits.
And as for genocide, your lot are the ones who disgracefully try to point score by using a term synonymous with holocaust denial to negatively label people who simply disagree with you. Shameful and callous modus operandi.
The classic lament of the defeated in denial.I never bothered much with them
Oh like you trying to argue about cognitive and social psychology and economics? Oh which reminds me,and they did not seem to know what they were talking about either.
Daniel Kahneman « Climate Sanity
Well one thing we will never call a Climate Scientist, is you.This is the first for a while, ... just remember it the next time you hear climate scientists called "alarmists" and "hysterical".
Definition of place | Collins English Dictionary
place (pleɪs )
- *]a particular point or part of space or of a surface, esp that occupied by a person or thing
- a geographical point, such as a town, city, etc
- a position or rank in a sequence or order
- an open square lined with houses of a similar type in a city or town
- (capital when part of a street name) ⇒ Grosvenor Place
- space or room
- a house or living quarters
- a country house with grounds
- any building or area set aside for a specific purpose
- a passage in a book, play, film, etc ⇒ to lose one's place
- proper or appropriate position or time ⇒ he still thinks a woman's place is in the home
- right or original position ⇒ put it back in its place
- suitable, appropriate, or customary surroundings (esp in the phrases out of place, in place)
- right, prerogative, or duty ⇒ it is your place to give a speech
- appointment, position, or job ⇒ a place at college
- position, condition, or state ⇒ if I were in your place
- a space or seat, as at a dining table
- (as modifier) ⇒ place mat
- (mathematics) the relative position of a digit in a number See also decimal place
- any of the best times in a race
- (horse racing)
- (British) the first, second, or third position at the finish
- (US & Canadian) the first or usually the second position at the finish
- (as modifier) ⇒ a place bet
- (theatre) one of the three unities See unity (sense 8)
- (archaic) an important position, rank, or role
The people who live there, Steve, like the inhabitants of Tuvalu, Kiribati, Rodrigues, Mauritius, the Andaman Islands, Tahiti .. My wife was born on an Indian Ocean island, the rate of sea level rise is of more than passing interest to its citizens.
Last edited by owedtojoy; 24th August 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Article here about a research paper on European winters and the solar cycle.
AGU: Link found between cold European winters and solar activity | Watts Up With That?
The current weak cycle may have already peaked.
The main point about anthropogenic global warming is the heating of the earth due to human-generated CO2 is now dominating the other factors (like solar variability, volcanic dust, ocean cycles such as ENSO etc.).“Climate is not ruled by one variable,” said Sirocko. “In fact, it has [at least] five or six variables. Carbon dioxide is certainly one, but solar activity is also one.”
As we know, the sun has been relatively quiescent for the past few decades. When it starts to act in concert with warming due to CO2, that can only increase.