- CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing.
- The Greenhouse Effect is real
- Therefore, temperature is increasing, and the planet is warming
Apparently, his only dissent is he says humans are not the cause. If (3) above is true, then it seems pretty academic. What sort of solutions would he propose, given he opposes carbon taxes?
Apparently, denialist Professor Richard Lindzen recently gve a presentation in London at which he admitted:
Still, these people insist on a do-nothing approach.
- Carbon Dioxide has been increasing
- There is a greenhouse effect
- There has been a doubling of equivalent CO2 over the past 150 years
- There has very probably been about 0.8 C warming in the past 150 years
- Increasing CO2 alone should cause some warming (about 1C for each doubling)