Register to Comment
Like Tree9000Likes

Hey! Hey! You can't do that! You can't heckle big oil!

They're the ones who give the orders.

Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Hey! Hey! You can't do that! You can't heckle big oil!

We're broadcasting from Park City, Utah, home of the Sundance Film Festival, the nation's largest festival for independent cinema. Over the weekend, we spoke with Robert Redford, the founder of Sundance. He's well known as an actor, a director, a producer, but part and parcel of who he is is an activist. I asked him about President Obama's decision last week to reject the proposal for the Keystone XL tars sands oil pipeline from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico. "Oil, coal, and gas still dominate in terms of control, because of their relationship with members of Congress, [whom] they give a lot of money to," Redford said. "But because times have changed so drastically, and I don't think we can be at the mercy of what big oil wants to do anymore."

Some more graphs:

The Storms of January

Graphs of the Day: Global Temps 2011

Click on the graphs to get more info.
    Last edited by SirCharles; 24th January 2012 at 01:05 AM.

Talking about intimidation of climate scientists.

I had the privilege to interview Dr. Hayhoe this past weekend at the University of Michigan Ross School of Business, where the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise
    was conducting a workshop and Town Hall meeting entitled "Cures for Climate Confusion".

I wish to thank the organizers, Andy Hoffman of the Erb Institute, and the Union of Concerned Scientists, for - inexplicably - not throwing me out when I arrived uninvited to the gathering.

Erb Institute/University of Michigan
    Erb Institute – University of Michigan

Erb Institute/Climate Town Hall
    Workshop & Town Hall: Cures for Climate Confusion | Erb Institute – University of Michigan

Dr. Hayhoe is also talking about local impacts of global warming (climate change) and trends she has been observing.
    Last edited by SirCharles; 24th January 2012 at 03:47 AM.

Climate scientists back call for sceptic thinktank to reveal backers (The Guardian, Monday 23 January 2012)

Leading climate scientists have given their support to a Freedom of Information request seeking to disclose who is funding the Global Warming Policy Foundation, a London-based climate sceptic thinktank chaired by the former Conservative chancellor Lord Lawson.

It has become time to shoot back. The climate change denial community is already massively abusing FOI for their agenda. Also => Climate Hackers as Cyber Terrorists, Get Popcorn. Stolen Emails Recipients Under Scrutiny and Bring UEA Email Criminals to Justice.

More infos about the "Global Warming Policy Foundation" => SourceWatch.

Take your religious fanaticism elsewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by SirCharles View Post
    Talking about intimidation of climate scientists.

I had the privilege to interview Dr. Hayhoe this past weekend at the University of Michigan Ross School of Business, where the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise
    was conducting a workshop and Town Hall meeting entitled "Cures for Climate Confusion".

I wish to thank the organizers, Andy Hoffman of the Erb Institute, and the Union of Concerned Scientists, for - inexplicably - not throwing me out when I arrived uninvited to the gathering.

Erb Institute/University of Michigan
    Erb Institute University of Michigan

Erb Institute/Climate Town Hall
    Workshop & Town Hall: Cures for Climate Confusion | Erb Institute University of Michigan

Dr. Hayhoe is also talking about local impacts of global warming (climate change) and trends she has been observing.
    Also => Katherine Hayhoe, The Interview: ..Much of This is Intended to Intimidate.

From Greedy Lying Bastards - Jacqueline McGlade of the European EPA.

A new article by Naomi Oreskes, co-author of Merchants of Doubt.

I study the history of climate science, and my research has shown that the think tanks and institutes that deny the reality or severity of climate change, or promote distrust of climate science, do so out of self-interest, ideological conviction or both.
    • Some groups, like the fossil fuel industry, have an obvious self-interest in the continued use of fossil fuels.
    • Others fear that if we accept the reality of climate change, we will be forced to acknowledge the failures of free-market capitalism.
    • Still others worry that if we allow the government to intervene in the marketplace to stop climate change, it will lead to further expansion of government power that will threaten our broader freedoms

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...tory?track=rss

Quote Originally Posted by SirCharles View Post
    Climate scientists back call for sceptic thinktank to reveal backers (The Guardian, Monday 23 January 2012)

Leading climate scientists have given their support to a Freedom of Information request seeking to disclose who is funding the Global Warming Policy Foundation, a London-based climate sceptic thinktank chaired by the former Conservative chancellor Lord Lawson.

It has become time to shoot back. The climate change denial community is already massively abusing FOI for their agenda. Also => Climate Hackers as Cyber Terrorists, Get Popcorn. Stolen Emails Recipients Under Scrutiny and Bring UEA Email Criminals to Justice.

More infos about the "Global Warming Policy Foundation" => SourceWatch.

Well, FOI is FOI and if the information falls within the remit of the act it should be provided. If not then it isn't. Skeptics have absolutely no trouble with that.

But, by the by, since this is about "who is backing whom" can you tell us:

• who are the backers of "the Request Initiative" so actively pursuing this?? and
    • who is the actual instigator of this request who is trying to hide their identity?? (since the "Request Initiative" only does this on behalf of others according to their website)

There you go:

http://t.co/icNDURQT
    Last edited by Tombo; 24th January 2012 at 08:42 AM.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment