Register to Comment
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Quote Originally Posted by clearmurk View Post
    Ha! Ha! You can't prove your point without some artificial model where you can set the parameters to give you the answer you want. Hilarious!
    I find it hilarious for someone to basically argue that they reject everything science has to say about past temperatures and climates because of an inexplicable and unexplained aversion to "models".

And then cannot even explain what they mean by a "model".

I am not your Google, but NASA (for one example) have a paleoclimatology programme with many datasets from earth history, used to reconstruct past climates. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo-search/

For example, do you accept Ice Core data as a record of earth's climate? BTW, even deniers do. Tree Rings? Boreholes? Sediments? Glacier Lengths?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The most irritating element of this debate is having to listen to Irish commentators lecturing Trump on Climate Change when in fact we are much worse than the US in performance on greenhouse gas emissions.
    This is a key point. We have people asserting that Ireland needs to implement radical changes to taxation and energy consumption, while refusing to acknowledge that anything Ireland does in this area is effectively meaningless on a global scale.

Apparently we must wait for the world to sort out its attitude to corporation tax, but when it comes to the now holy grail of climate change, we have to be out there leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The most irritating element of this debate is having to listen to Irish commentators lecturing Trump on Climate Change when in fact we are much worse than the US in performance on greenhouse gas emissions.
    Clue yourself in on the difference

We accept the science, as does the world as a whole, our policy is shyte.

Trump rejects the science, and his policy is shyte too. In is pointless to appoint a reputable climate science as his adviser 18 months after he packed his Transition Team with climate change deniers in the pay of the Fossil Fuel industry.

And I would say we are not as far up the ass of the Fossil fuel industry as Trump is. FFS, he is even de-regulating car emissions to improve Big Oil profits!

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    I find it hilarious for someone to basically argue that they reject everything science has to say about past temperatures and climates because of an inexplicable and unexplained aversion to "models".

And then cannot even explain what they mean by a "model".

I am not your Google, but NASA (for one example) have a paleoclimatology programme with many datasets from earth history, used to reconstruct past climates. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo-search/

For example, do you accept Ice Core data as a record of earth's climate? BTW, even deniers do. Tree Rings? Boreholes? Sediments? Glacier Lengths?
    You might need to stop making stuff up if you want to retain any credibility. Why would I attempt to explain what is a Model? Are you an example of our "high calibre" graduates?

Ha! Ha! You can't prove your point without some artificial model where you can set the parameters to give you the answer you want. Hilarious!
    Ha, ha. You cannot even explain what you mean by a "model".

NASA has a paleoclimatology site with data and reconstructions of past climates.

Does you accept Ice Core data as evidence of past climates? Most deniers do, AFAIK, but you seem to be exceptional is rejecting every scientific theory as a "model".

Show me a theory that is not a model.

Here is the site. I am not your Google so I am doing you a favour. There are literally thousands of peer-reviewed scientific papers accessed via the link.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo-search/

Let's not hear from you again until you have studied every reconstruction and found fault with it. Someone of your all-encompassing genius should be about to do that in short order.

You might find this useful too:

NASA Statistical Weather and Climate Information

You might need to stop making stuff up if you want to retain any credibility. Why would I attempt to explain what is a Model? Are you an example of our "high calibre" graduates?
    What makes you think I actually care about my credibility with you?

I hope you do not think that because I post information for you that I have respect for your opinions.

FYI, I think your opinions are worse than stupid. You are very poorly informed, and show no interest in being better educated on the topic. All you are interested in doing is confirming your impenetrable prejudice.

(You may even be a nice guy, but your contributions are abysmal. I do not seek your good opinion, or even to change your mind. Only you can do that.)

The information I post is mainly for the interested bystander.

Ha, ha. You cannot even explain what you mean by a "model".
    Ok, now you're showing yourself to be a nutjob. Why should I, or would I, indeed?

The information I post is mainly for the interested bystander.
    You're not posting information. You're posting propaganda.

Ok, now you're showing yourself to be a nutjob. Why should I, or would I, indeed?
    It would help display how much, or indeed how little, you know in relation to that which you are talking about.

For example, I'm going to guess that you accept the current model of gravity as being fairly useful but ultimately I can't be sure.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment