Register to Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Linking energy efficiency with renewable energy is a huge mistake which Germany realizes.

Most responsible citizens of this world want a clean healthy diverse environment. They want to see the efficient use of
    fossil fuel and only the minimum nuclear facilities needed for prosperity. The ocean plastic problem is beginning to get attention. Europe has a long way to go to make buildings (including homes) more energy efficient.

Unfortunately this drive is accompanied by a drive towards the installation of renewable energy. I have been warned by Petaljam not to create duplicate threads to ones I am banned from and they are mostly wind energy. I will try to avoid conflict with that warning by referring to all forms of renewable energy (except river hydro). None of them work and all are extremely damaging to the environment.

It is a huge mistake to bunch the laudable efforts at energy conservation with renewable energy. It is like saying bacteria are essential for life so we must not injure any bacteria. It is like saying music is good so all noise is good. Now a German government Minister Peter Altmaier has given his view and it seems to co-inside with mine. The targets were unrealistic and the public are beginning to grow tired of them and the fact they are not being met. The article speaks better than I can. Please read it and comment. If I don't post here you will know I am banned.
    https://www.euractiv.com/section/ene...rgy-ambitions/
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Meh.

Matteradam.

Countries will make poor or bad policy decisions. Not even clear if Germany did make a bad decision.

That will not stop the Energy Revolution.

Wall Street Journal: Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels: In 2016, about $297 billion was spent on renewables—compared with $143 billion on new nuclear, coal, gas and fuel-oil power plants

"Global spending on renewable energy is outpacing investment in electricity from coal, natural gas and nuclear power plants, driven by falling costs of producing wind and solar power."

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Meh.

Matteradam.

Countries will make poor or bad policy decisions. Not even clear if Germany did make a bad decision.

Wall Street Journal: Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels: In 2016, about $297 billion was spent on renewables—compared with $143 billion on new nuclear, coal, gas and fuel-oil power plants

"Global spending on renewable energy is outpacing investment in electricity from coal, natural gas and nuclear power plants, driven by falling costs of producing wind and solar power."
    I must refrain from commenting on the Irish Renewable financial situation for fear of being banned. However, in order to clarify. Many countries must import nearly all their fossil fuel so they make good examples. I know Ireland imports 6 billion euros annually. Can you show where Ireland spends 6 billion euros on renewable energy.

Can you give one country which spends more on renewables than it does importing fuel? I don't think there is any. I have doubts about the accuracy of your link

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Meh.

Matteradam.

Another point is that is we take the month of June this year, the renewables which have been invested in are providing no
    power at all. How can it be claimed renewals are outpacing fuel. Remember about 4% of renewable percentages is river hydro. http://smartgriddashboard.eirgrid.com/#roi

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    I must refrain from commenting on the Irish Renewable financial situation for fear of being banned. However, in order to clarify. Many countries must import nearly all their fossil fuel so they make good examples. I know Ireland imports 6 billion euros annually. Can you show where Ireland spends 6 billion euros on renewable energy.

Can you give one country which spends more on renewables than it does importing fuel? I don't think there is any. I have doubts about the accuracy of your link
    his post was on investment, ie. building new power plants, drilling new oil wells, installing new windmills.

With the whole renewable energy idea in its infancy ,I would imagine that import is much greater than renewable across the board and it will be only through a gradual shift that there will be change.

https://www.statista.com/chart/4284/...endent-on-oil/

I asked this on another thread, but with no reply. So I want to try again here.

What would the wholesale cost of electricity from a solar farm in Ireland look like? How would it compare to the current wholesale electricity benchmark cost of some 50/MWHr?

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    his post was on investment, ie. building new power plants, drilling new oil wells, installing new windmills.
    Does it include this activity? https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/pe...=358-26-5798-1

The wholesale cost of electricity in Ireland will increase by 11 per cent over the period 2016 to 2050 through the use of onshore wind technology, which Price Waterhouse Cooper (PwC) considers to be the most cost competitive low carbon technology.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...ears-1.3093356

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Val doesn't do details.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment