Register to Comment
Page 30 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Fr Peter McWhinger View Post

The scope of EU plans for wind development in Ireland are staggering.
    Except that is an artistic expression and has nothing to do with the EU. Pathetic.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    So the EU and Irish government want massive interconnection between Ireland and continental Europe. That would enable Irish consumers to pay about 75 euros per (market price is 39) for ever increasing amounts of wind electricity while those same consumers will be forced to pay negative prices to export surplus wind electricity to Europe where European consumers receive it free courtesy of Irish consumers.

So a mwh of wind will cost consumers 75 eiros , for which they get nothing and say a further another 25 euros for foreigners to take it. Total cost of electricity never consumed = 95 euros per mwh

Is that it?.

Hollandai, Owde, please tell me it is not true!
    It's not true.

And well you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Wind is nowhere near coming to the fore, it's providing less than 2% of the planet's power

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy
    ok, mr smartypants.
    you might like to tell me how many wind turbines were in this country 20 years ago,
    & how many there are today ?.

up to 60% our electricity demand has been generated in recent days by wind turbines.
    you might also like to let me know how much was generated in windy days 20 years ago ?

our climate change expert mr Val here, has informed us that Germany has been generating so much electricity by renewables aver the Christmas period, that the amount generated exceeded the demand.
    don't think that happened either 20 years ago, mr smartypants.

A failure of a bearing in the nacelle of a large turbine 90 meters up in the air is catastrophic. The higher the output the more strain on the gear assembly and the higher the risk of failure. Better keep output below maximum at a comfortable pace and if the turbine is getting old, better turn it off and get paid for nothing. Bearings will last longer that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odpsm3ybPsA
    geez Val - why didn't you tell that to the other expert here - apart from your good self, that is, of course -
    The Rev Peter MacWhinger.

if you had done so, he mightn't have made an amadán of himself by suggesting to us that we should be "suspicious" because all of the wind turbines in the State weren't operating closer than they are to 100% rated capacity !

Quote Originally Posted by mangaire1 View Post
    geez Val - why didn't you tell that to the other expert here - apart from your good self, that is, of course -
    The Rev Peter MacWhinger.

It what you don't understand the basics. They pulled back the cut in speed of some wind farms which means they don't deliver at the higher end.

if you had done so, he mightn't have made an amadán of himself by suggesting to us that we should be "suspicious" because all of the wind turbines in the State weren't operating closer than they are to 100% rated capacity !
    I am only reporting on what was in the paper and what I read in the Caelectric accounts. 400 million of debts and 92 million pumped into it by the National Pension reserve fund. 32 million of a loss last year and over 40 million of a loss over the last 2 years.

Bank of Ireland in the hole for 352 million of debt.

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    It's not true.

And well you know it.
    That is just denial, there is no issue discussed. I prefer to read it from exports.

http://www.poyry.com/sites/default/f...009-energy.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mangaire1 View Post
    ok, mr smartypants.
    you might like to tell me how many wind turbines were in this country 20 years ago,
    & how many there are today ?.

up to 60% our electricity demand has been generated in recent days by wind turbines.
    you might also like to let me know how much was generated in windy days 20 years ago ?

our climate change expert mr Val here, has informed us that Germany has been generating so much electricity by renewables aver the Christmas period, that the amount generated exceeded the demand.
    don't think that happened either 20 years ago, mr smartypants.
    You appear to be basing your "opinions" on a few random days a year - the reality of Germany is a grid heavily dependent on coal and the second most expensive retail power costs in Europe
    Last edited by Turbinator; 3rd January 2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr Peter McWhinger View Post

Massive Interconnection is planned for Ireland to accommodate most of the EU's new wind Turbines.

http://www.roadmap2050.eu/attachment...esentation.pdf see page 19

There are even renaming Ireland as Turbulencester
    And you can be sure none of it has been costed or subject to an EIS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    You appear to be basing your "opinions" on a few random days a year - the reality of Germany is a grid heavily dependent on coal and the second most expensive retail power costs in Europe
    ah no Turbs.
    what I was doing was asking mr smartypanys a few questions,
    in an effort to educate him as to how wind generators & renewable in general 'have come to the fore' over the past couple of decades,
    in an effort to limit & reduce CO2 emissions.

& BTW Turbs - any news of that Ice Age that you told us was starting "soon" ?
    I hear the weather is turning a bit cold this weekend.
    maybe that will be the start of your Ice Age, Turbs ?
    LOL !!!!!!!!

That is just denial, there is no issue discussed. I prefer to read it from exports.

http://www.poyry.com/sites/default/f...009-energy.pdf
    You might make the move up to understanding it at some point then. There's hope for you yet, val.

Page 30 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment