Register to Comment
Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1277
Like Tree191Likes
  1. #21
    Man or Mouse Man or Mouse is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,604

    Quote Originally Posted by raetsel View Post
    After that very long-winded opening post I then skimmed the IT article as well, and it seems that the Chinese conglomerate who pulled out of the purchase have done so for business reasons alone, and not because they expressed any doubt in renewables. This is a company which after all has bought "wind farms worth an estimated €400 million from the Irish company last year."
    Presumably that is in the same sized typeset as the rest of the information. Looks like selective analysis. Given the source, what else could be expected?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    wombat wombat is offline
    wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    37,071

    Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    But oil is running out so that is not an option.
    Oil is a finite resource, that does not mean we will run out of it but it will get more expensive and that is the incentive to use less. Wind generated electricity only exists on a large scale because of political decisions to favour its use.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    Eire1976 Eire1976 is offline
    Eire1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14,301

    Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    You're absolutely right. As your beloved Trump once explained, climate change is a hoax being carried out by the Chinese to make American industry less competitive - I cannot understand why so few people take him seriously on this
    Rainman out of his depth again - comes back with nonsense
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    rainmaker rainmaker is offline
    rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19,443

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    Rainman out of his depth again - comes back with nonsense
    Perhaps you should research your heroes more thoroughly, because here is your beloved Trumps Tweet. Anyone else relieved there's a raving conspiraloon in the White House?

    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
    The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...248385?lang=en
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,664

    Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    "Germany energy consumers paid to use power over Christmas as supply outstrips demand"

    Germany energy consumers paid to use power over Christmas as supply outstrips demand | The Independent

    Would you agree if renewales work out cheaper than the traditional methods then that is the way we should go?
    Germany has the 2nd highest electricity in the world, It burns coal.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,664

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Oil is a finite resource, that does not mean we will run out of it but it will get more expensive and that is the incentive to use less. Wind generated electricity only exists on a large scale because of political decisions to favour its use.
    Tell me any other product which only works on large scale
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,664

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I and no doubt other sensible people stopped reading at that point. Get up the yard you fool.
    Unless the company gets a buyer soon, for at least 650 million euros, its gone belly up, the fact the industry is too complex for you does not alter that fact.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    Malbekh Malbekh is offline
    Malbekh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,461

    Some years ago when the late departed Pat Gill was around there were numerous discussions about the Spirit of Ireland initiative whereby it was argued that the only way to get around the issues with wind energy (namely its peak effectiveness is limited by wind conditions) was to ally it with massive hydro-electric schemes in suitable valley systems in the West of Ireland.

    This proposal had some merit. You'd link it to a similarly massive off-shore wind farm and the combined elements would give you a pretty much bullet proof energy system. The big issue was the cost, from memory something like €8bn per set of farms and dams.

    I believe that three such units would have been required to fully underwrite the energy requirements of the State not including the current energy infrastructure. Add in the associated costs to connect it to Eirgrid and pay off/bribe the locals and you can be sure that the costs would have escalated to €30bn+

    So 30bn+ to pay for full energy independence and with the two interconnectors, the option to send excess energy to the UK and France and vice versa.

    The current cost to bail out Anglo-Irish and INBS is €30bn+

    As always in this country, we do infrastructure in a piecemeal, haphazard manner with no great overarching plan. But we do corruption, malfeasance, justice and appeasement in an epic scale.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,664

    Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    Perhaps you should research your heroes more thoroughly, because here is your beloved Trumps Tweet. Anyone else relieved there's a raving conspiraloon in the White House?



    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...248385?lang=en
    Exorbitant electricity prices does make industry noncompetitive
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    valamhic valamhic is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,664

    Quote Originally Posted by Malbekh View Post
    Some years ago when the late departed Pat Gill was around there were numerous discussions about the Spirit of Ireland initiative whereby it was argued that the only way to get around the issues with wind energy (namely its peak effectiveness is limited by wind conditions) was to ally it with massive hydro-electric schemes in suitable valley systems in the West of Ireland.

    This proposal had some merit. You'd link it to a similarly massive off-shore wind farm and the combined elements would give you a pretty much bullet proof energy system. The big issue was the cost, from memory something like €8bn per set of farms and dams.

    I believe that three such units would have been required to fully underwrite the energy requirements of the State not including the current energy infrastructure. Add in the associated costs to connect it to Eirgrid and pay off/bribe the locals and you can be sure that the costs would have escalated to €30bn+

    So 30bn+ to pay for full energy independence and with the two interconnectors, the option to send excess energy to the UK and France and vice versa.

    The current cost to bail out Anglo-Irish and INBS is €30bn+

    As always in this country, we do infrastructure in a piecemeal, haphazard manner with no great overarching plan. But we do corruption, malfeasance, justice and appeasement in an epic scale.
    Check this out on storage.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFcAAZWPnE

    Its a myth, does not exist anywhere
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment