Register to Comment
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 365
Like Tree191Likes
  1. #11
    ger12 ger12 is offline
    ger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45,448

    Quote Originally Posted by tipofdiceberg View Post
    In other words no one benefits. Cut out the spin.
    It will come from the bulls##t fund.
    Somehow my squeezed middle ass will benefit least I suspect at the end of this fiasco.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24,492

    Has the refund anything to do with the fact that the IW contract could well have been unconstitutional in that it sought to take ownership of all the water on a property? Are the IW contracts annulled, or do they still stand?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    ger12 ger12 is offline
    ger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45,448

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    No spin, the secret is in the word "Refund"
    How much money do you think has been wasted on this do you reckon?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    shiel shiel is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,741

    The people whose decisions bankrupt the country when they were flying high and having their arses licked by media prior to 2009 introduced water charges when the ************************ hit the fan.

    They then reversed their policy and opposed water charges.

    Media said nothing about that reverse but opposed water charges.

    That was the same media that said nothing about the fact that the system was losing 50% of its water since independence.

    Hypocrisy is too mild a word.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24,492

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    How much money do you think has been wasted on this do you reckon?
    Probably safe to start at a billion and work upwards. Certainly more than the e voting machines.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    ger12 ger12 is offline
    ger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45,448

    Quote Originally Posted by shiel View Post
    The people whose decisions bankrupt the country when they were flying high and having their arses licked by media prior to 2009 introduced water charges when the ************************ hit the fan.

    They then reversed their policy and opposed water charges.

    Media said nothing about that reverse but opposed water charges.

    That was the same media that said nothing about the fact that the system was losing 50% of its water since independence.

    Hypocrisy is too mild a word.
    You're wrong there, I don't believe the media supported this campaign at all. In fact they were largely pro this policy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    wombat wombat is offline
    wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    35,859

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    How much money do you think has been wasted on this do you reckon?
    No idea, a lot, but the refund should be easily quantified.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    tipofdiceberg tipofdiceberg is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,930

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    How much money do you think has been wasted on this do you reckon?
    2 billion, and counting.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    shiel shiel is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,741

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    You're wrong there, I don't believe the media supported this campaign at all. In fact they were largely pro this policy.
    You were not listening to or reading the same media I was.

    They supported the tripling of bank lending and the tripling of government expenditure during the pre 2009 period.

    They jumped on the consequent anti-austerity bandwagon when the ************************ hit the fan.

    They are still there.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    wombat wombat is offline
    wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    35,859

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as Fish View Post
    Probably safe to start at a billion and work upwards. Certainly more than the e voting machines.
    A million is a lot of money to spend on any contract. A billion is 1000 times a million and only comes into play when we start to consider public service payments.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment