Register to Comment
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 310
Like Tree170Likes
  1. #141
    Orbit v2 Orbit v2 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,079

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as Fish View Post
    The bit in bold is the whole crux of the matter, although I note you refrain from highlighting the fact that supplying water onwards is prohibited. Why so?
    It's prohibited because in a lot of cases (like mine) water is unmetered. If they allowed that, I could supply all my neighbours and charge them half the price that IW charges, and I'd make a nice profit. All the clause is saying is that every property needs to have its own connection, rather than be supplied via a third party. It doesn't say that you must have a connection, or that you can't use the water that falls on your roof.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #142
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24,490

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    It's prohibited because in a lot of cases (like mine) water is unmetered. If they allowed that, I could supply all my neighbours and charge them half the price that IW charges, and I'd make a nice profit. All the clause is saying is that every property needs to have its own connection, rather than be supplied via a third party. It doesn't say that you must have a connection, or that you can't use the water that falls on your roof.
    As I pointed out, there are all sorts of interpretations that could be put upon it including the prohibition of you supplying rainwater to your neighbours. That is, you are not allowed to forward any water on your property, not just that supplied by IW.

    They could have made it quite clear that they were just referring to water supplied by IW, but they chose not to.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #143
    ManUnited ManUnited is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,636

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as Fish View Post
    Clause 3:2 from their terms and conditions -

    Save in respect of an existing shared Service Connection the Customer is prohibited from using the Connection and/or using any other mechanism to supply water onwards to another location or premises other than the Premises to which these Terms and Conditions apply


    In other words you cannot take/allow water off the property except by existing service connections. Now, even if that is is lousy draughting of the T&C's, it still leaves plenty of scope for IW to interpret it in their favour.
    There's nothing wrong with the drafting, it's clear what it means and how silly your attempt at interpreting it is.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #144
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24,490

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUnited View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the drafting, it's clear what it means and how silly your attempt at interpreting it is.
    Tell that to a lawyer.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #145
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61,693

    Time to move on to another tax.

    Local Property Tax.

    Scandalous that it costs many in excess of 1,000 pa
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #146
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24,490

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Time to move on to another tax.

    Local Property Tax.

    Scandalous that it costs many in excess of 1,000 pa
    Aw bless you Mallet, nothing to see here, move along now!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #147
    dizillusioned dizillusioned is offline
    dizillusioned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,463

    Quote Originally Posted by Franzoni View Post
    Sure don't the have SIPTU representing them all and all of those seven Labour TD's ....be grand...


    Oh and since you are out of the loop here is some light reading as to why some of us are 'dizillusioned'


    Siptu 'slush fund' still shrouded in mystery - Independent.ie
    Nice......not one bit surprised.... no one knows anything.. typical
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #148
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61,693

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as Fish View Post
    Aw bless you Mallet, nothing to see here, move along now!
    Sure its only €325 or something around that...........

    Will we have it before Xmas ?

    Pass it on to MQI.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #149
    Nesuno Nesuno is offline
    Nesuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    598

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Time to move on to another tax.

    Local Property Tax.

    Scandalous that it costs many in excess of €1,000 pa

    Well you start that one then.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #150
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61,693

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesuno View Post
    Well you start that one then.
    Surely Solidarity could ?

    They all own homes as well.

    Mass movement............

    SF IRA have already promised to abolish it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment