Register to Comment
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    That is a nice old sign and I'm glad they were not allowed to tear it down. It's just the usual Catholic bashers complaining.

If the sign said anything else, they would be calling for it to be preserved.

The word 'Catholic' triggers these people in a way that's hard to understand for someone that isn't anti-Catholic.

So you have no problem with the international cover up into the rapes of thousands of children across several jurisdictions, the slavery of mothers kept against their will, the theft and sale of their children and the treatment of the ones they couldn't flog to yanks that ended up starved a fvcked down a hole in places like Tuam.

You are some piece of work.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by fat finger View Post
    An obvious objection to the sign is that 'Irish Catholic' stands at odds with Catholicism as the universal faith in which St Paul tells us "There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ". The decision, however, was correct, and affirms the building's history, the city's history and the continuing determination of committed public servants to resist the tide of secularisation and use every means to remind passers by every day of our shared faith and ideals. A good decision was made here.
    Shared what?

On one hand I think the sign should stay for historic reasons. However the decision empowers lunatics like you to think the above which is a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    So you have no problem with the international cover up into the rapes of thousands of children across several jurisdictions, the slavery of mothers kept against their will, the theft and sale of their children and the treatment of the ones they couldn't flog to yanks that ended up starved a fvcked down a hole in places like Tuam.

You are some piece of work.
    Oh shut up you twat. You didn't even know that sunni and shia muslims worship in different mosques.

Oh shut up you twat. You didn't even know that sunni and shia muslims worship in different mosques.
    Stop deflecting.

Do you accept some people have legitimate reasons to want the Catholic power limited.

That is a nice old sign and I'm glad they were not allowed to tear it down. It's just the usual Catholic bashers complaining.

If the sign said anything else, they would be calling for it to be preserved.

The word 'Catholic' triggers these people in a way that's hard to understand for someone that isn't anti-Catholic.
    I think they'd just rather have the name of their own business above the front door. There's no triggering going on here.

Link, you child rape supporting feral scum.

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    I think they'd just rather have the name of their own business above the front door. There's no triggering going on here.
    With all this fuss going on it is likely to become a tourist destination in its own right. Happy days for Paddywaggon.

One of the things that never ceases to flabbergast me about Irish Libtards is their often complete lack of curiosity about other cultures, the way that is married with a vicious hatred of their own is utterly surreal.

It is actually a little bit of history, given that it's there since the 1930's. Almost a century.

Bit like the Clearys clock.

If the same conservation officer was faced with an application to replace the Clearys clock, I'm sure the application would be refused on pretty much the same grounds.

Would be interesting to get an opinion on this from Senator Norris. He is I gather into conservation, preserving historical buildings, etc.

So no I don't see some 'conspiracy' at play to keep the sign up. It's just nice to preserve a bit of history, if you can. Most people would agree?

Actually, I'm not sure the decision wasn't the right one. The thing is of historical significance.

And I hope most will know that I say that as a fully-paid-up member of the libtard church-bashing conspiracy.

Now, if they wanted to take down the big cross in the Phoenix Park, it'd be another matter entirely. I'd donate the giant angle-grinder for the job.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment