Register to Comment
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1425Likes

Quote Originally Posted by NeilW View Post
    How is the change of use material?
    The hotel residents are now non white
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Taidhg Gaelach View Post
    Taidhg, could you stick to one or two threads and not let your crazy loose on loads of different ones? You'll end up ruining the whole site.

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    The development already exists. The ope ope staying in them changes and that's not a planning issue.
    How is the change of use material?
    Unless specified in planning regulations, a change of use will require planning permission. For example, change of use from shop to restaurant requires planning permission as it's a material change of use.

Your first one is interesting. The rest are irrelevant, these planning decisions already exist.

What do you mean 'material change of user'? It could be interpreted as plain auld racism
    You can interpret it any way you want but it appears that this change of user appears to have been exempted from challenge under the Planning regulatory regime as the OP points out. Clearly the Government are determined to narrow the scope for people in the relevant areas from raising their concerns - so much for the decline in democracy and accountability.

Not sure about your second statement - it may be correct if they all come under change of user review and appeal of which seems to have been excluded under the amending legislation. Perhaps someone with planning or legal expertise could comment?

On what grounds would these objections be based?
    To devalue ones property is a legitimate reason to object.

All I want to know is, do I need to start locking my wheelie bins now?...don't want any furriners squatting in there....

I'm intrigued about this material change of use.

Quote Originally Posted by ted08 View Post
    Last month Minister Alan Kelly signed off on a change to our planning exemption laws which has largely gone under the radar. In essence, existing places used for guest accommodation can be used for the housing of refugees and asylum seekers, temporary or otherwise, without needing planning permission, as emergency reception and orientation centres (EROCs). The circular from the Department states:

This seems to be removing your right per the normal planning application process to object, thereby exercising your democratic right to protect your residential amenity. What say p.ie to this trampling of your rights at the behest of the 'open gates' lobby?

Edit: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2...82/made/en/pdf
    The planning law to block asylum centres was only ever used in South Dublin.

the overwhelming majority of Irish people are happy to play their part in helping war refugees and will welcome and integrate them. Not everyone is as angry as you
    you'll be offering up your female relatives on a platter then?

Quote Originally Posted by Goats View Post
    I care about our country and our people. I respect women. All women. I feel upset about what is happening to women in Europe. When I go to town to do some shopping. I don't go into town in the evening as I have no business there in the evening. When, if I see a gang of rapists in town assailing women. I will walk up to the rapists, the biggest of them, and lay into him.
    I consider it my duty as a citizen of this State to protect those who can't defend themselves.
    What makes you think they cannot defend themselves - you mysogonist!

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment