Register to Comment
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

This is a very complex subject in a legal and technical sense.

It really isn't fit for public consumption.

People need to see the numbers translated on to their electricity bills to see how this has cost them.

Then they will understand.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by rash mulligan View Post
    This is a very complex subject in a legal and technical sense.

It really isn't fit for public consumption.

People need to see the numbers translated on to their electricity bills to see how this has cost them.

Then they will understand.
    Who will be doing the translation rash, you, me, Pat Swords or the Dept of Finance.

Besides its not very Aarhus of you to imply that a subject is not fit for public discussion, is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    In the 19th Century there were many pseudo-engineers, spoofers and charlatans who claimed they could extract "free energy!" from the environment. These were the so-called Perpetual Motion Machines.

Fortunately, 19th Century governments were not foolish enough to subsidise the Perpetual Motion Machine industry. Not much harm was done. Eventually, a Northern Irishman, William Thomson spelt out the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This excluded the possibility of perpetual motion machines, and is one of the great intellectual achievements in physics. It took a long time, but the spoofers eventually died off.

Fast-forward to the 21st Century. In the present day, governments have decided that "renewable" energy not only exists, but that it is cleaner, cheaper and better than all alternatives. And to prove it, they are throwing a big chunk of other people's money at it.

That is why every generation need individuals such as Pat Swords or Val Martin. Without such people, the spoofers and charlatans simply run loose.
    A Northern Irishman, eh? And there was I thinking a Frenchman (Sadi Carnot) and a German (Rudolf Clausius) had something to do with it.

If you think that "perpetual motion" machines have died out try this for size: About Steorn

We have even had a few chancers on the site claiming that "the energy problem" has been solved. The last one, if I remember rightly, was also a climate change denier.

And check out this contemporary of Kelvin: John Tyndall from Leighlinbridge, Co. Carlow. He showed that carbon dioxide absorbs heat radiation. And that is something that Turn 180 (a.k.a. Twist 180) have doubts about. At least, when I asked its Grand Panjandrum, he could not give me a straight answer. Neither could Val.

So you are joining up with an odd crowd of charlatans and spoofers yourself. And if you lie down with dogs, don't be surprised if you are suspected of bearing fleas.

John Tyndall

thanks Pat Gill.

Eirgrid seems a good idea.

I know a firm who do electrical installations in plants in the West. They told me of this problem years ago.

Glad to see it is being addressed

Who will be doing the translation rash, you, me, Pat Swords or the Dept of Finance.
    Me of course, I am Pat's translator.

We both speak Swordish.

Besides its not very Aarhus of you to imply that a subject is not fit for public discussion, is it ?
    I said consumption, I,m all,up for the discussion.

This Treaty referendum will make it difficult to break this story.

We will have to wait till June I suspect.

How Aarhus of you was it Pat to insist that wind energy was somehow excluded from it ?

Twitter
    @

Me of course, I am Pat's translator.

We both speak Swordish.

I said consumption, I,m all,up for the discussion.

This Treaty referendum will make it difficult to break this story.

We will have to wait till June I suspect.

How Aarhus of you was it Pat to insist that wind energy was somehow excluded from it ?
    Oh I don't want exclusion rash, I want inclusion of everyone and everything, that is the Aarhus vision after all.

Will your discussion to inform or negate the consumption include everything and everyone ?

I see SkyNewsAustralia are now following me on twitter, roll on June rash.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post

And check out this contemporary of Kelvin: John Tyndall from Leighlinbridge, Co. Carlow. He showed that carbon dioxide absorbs heat radiation. And that is something that Turn 180 (a.k.a. Twist 180) have doubts about. At least, when I asked its Grand Panjandrum, he could not give me a straight answer. Neither could Val.
    I don't doubt for a minute that anyone in Turn180 doubts the work of John Tyndall. He showed the existence of IR Energy. What has happened in the meantime is that his work has been construed by Climate alarmists that he somehow discovered the "Greenhouse Effect" and AGW which is a totally different animal altogether.

You were guilty yourself some months back of revisionist interpretation on here making claims about some paper Tyndall wrote until I read the paper and showed you up for your ... untruths.

Re Aarhus, the hard facts of it is that Pat Swords has taken on a brick wall of bureaucracy and has scored a significant victory. Here's to many more.

It's over.
    Not the first time you're dreaming loudly

There will be no new wind farm projects in Ireland or anywhere else in the E.U..
    You might be very lonesome with this conclusion.

They will now have to do cost benefit analysis and human/environmental impact assessments on any future projects.
    No news. That has been done in the past.

E.g. Eirgrid

=> http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...YZyK3_1MLJWeYg

=> http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...5RcwvKGI71jqKg

They will also have to prove emissions reductions.
    Has also been done.

=> above (Eirgrid) and => http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...G7o-krxAt4B-uA (SEAI)

It is impossible for wind energy to pass these tests as the Academy of Irish Engineers, Eirgrid and several independent studies have shown.
    Where is that? The opposite is the case => above (Eirgrid)

There will be legal repercussions as the people of Ireland have been shafted yet again and once this is conveyed to the public in laymans language it will be the straw that cuts the camel in two.
    Dream on.

It really looks like you're thinking you own the public opinion

Well Charlie I see you where up pacing the floors at 20 to 4 this morning.

You must be worried about something.

The Fuhrer back home at Siemans must be pissed with you losing the battle here in Ireland.

Are they threatening to pull the funding for your (ahem) smoking habit ?

Don't bother going to bunker, I'll find you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    A Northern Irishman, eh? And there was I thinking a Frenchman (Sadi Carnot) and a German (Rudolf Clausius) had something to do with it.

If you think that "perpetual motion" machines have died out try this for size: About Steorn

We have even had a few chancers on the site claiming that "the energy problem" has been solved. The last one, if I remember rightly, was also a climate change denier.

So you are joining up with an odd crowd of charlatans and spoofers yourself. And if you lie down with dogs, don't be surprised if you are suspected of bearing fleas.

John Tyndall
    William Thomson was from Northern Ireland, and formulated the Second Law of Thermodynamics in the form that eliminates the possibility of Perpetual Motion Machines which were widely promoted by spivs and spoofers during the 19th Century.

You seem extremely disturbed by these facts (to the point of mental breakdown..Lord Kelvin as a "dog with fleas"??? )

I wonder what it is that a paid shill for a German "renewable" energy corporation finds so disturbing about these historical facts?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment