Register to Comment
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Fides View Post
    To be fair it shows a lot of foresight on the part of KCC which surprises me. They may have saved you 300 euro although I suppose it was included in the price of the house.
    We'll have to see how the whole thing pans out. I've seen a few proposals in relation to this but as long as the County Council can work out how much water you're using don't see why you should be forced to introduce another system.
    It's the same in Laois - when we were buying new (4 years ago) all new developments had meters. We were told it was a national thing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

when this was being discussed few years back, werent siemens interested in installing these

The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 22, 2010 - Siemens offers to lend State the money to install water meters

Quote Originally Posted by ulsterscotnua View Post
    Eamon Gilmore says no decision has been taken on the cost of installing water meters. I wonder when this decision was taken
    because one thing is certain about this Government is that when they say one thing they mean the opposite.
    To be fair about it both parties FG and FF have both been equally consistent. In fact it appears that this Government
    is bending over backwards to help to re-instate FF into the fold.
    How dare you impugn the name of a FF'err... sorry "labour" politician

How Dare you I say!!!!!!!!

Why only a short time ago Gilmore said that we should not have a second Lisbon referendum and and and...

Ooops Sorry, my apologies, he is a lying sleazebag after all

Good ole boy Wikileaks showed that The US State Department cables revealed that liar Eamon Gilmore blatantly and deliberately lied about the second Lisbon Referendum. While he repeatedly told the Daíl and the Press that he was opposed to a Second Referendum and to the Treaty, he quickly informed the US State Department that this was only for political expediency. He went on to support a Yes vote in the Second Referendum.

Of course in any fair minded opinion lies like this go beyond the norm of broken election promises and was an utterly cynical betrayal of the public and "labour" party members.

The result of Lisbon 2 consolidated central control of the EU by the German and French and it was designed to weaken the case of a referendum on the extraordinary measures being taken in the economic crisis.

Eamon Gilmore's lies to the public and his party members - and the fact that he felt more duty bound to be honest to the US State Department - in any fair minded opinion was and is a fundamental breach of trust. "llabour" Party members should have demanded that he stood down as party leader and the Tanaíste should have conducted an internal party investigation into this matter.

But hey "labour" TD's apart from one or two decent individuals have shown themselves for what they are spineless wimps that have followed the FFer's way not whatever slogan they had pre-election

Either Mr Kenny or Gilmore will have to back down. Labour says no decision has been taken. Mr Kenny says we have to pay for our own meters, Does he really think that ordinary householders will pay the same amount for a meter that they do not want as rich people living in a mansion.

My sister is emigrating to the UK. Her local council over there is going to charge her 2 grand a year for fire, police, schoolS and other local services. The average worker pays more tax over there than over here & the top rate pays less. Get used to the new reality of paying for services.

Don't you know very well what will hapen. The cost of the meter is, say, €150. There will, of course, be public uproar, like as with the Household charge. So the cost of the meter to those of us who will pay for it will be €300, to make up for the exemptions granted to social welfare recipients, pensioners, tenants etc. etc.... the most vulnerable. So the usual payers will get hit again! And likewise for the actual water charges - the government will have to collect enough money from the payers to make up for the users who will pay nothing, so we'll be paying double the cost of the meters, and double the cost of the actual provision of water to our houses. I'm 60. I can't wait to be a vulnerable pensioner.

Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    My sister is emigrating to the UK. Her local council over there is going to charge her 2 grand a year for fire, police, schoolS and other local services. The average worker pays more tax over there than over here & the top rate pays less. Get used to the new reality of paying for services.

But they are not paying for broken banks and bondholders in Germany and France.Enda says we have to pay back every cent, We have no more.

Where is the flat fee gone? You know I could just about concieve paying a flat fee. If I had a spare few hundred.
    Thought the Household charge was bad, getting to the end of my patience here.

Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    call out the fire brigade here and you get a bill
    get your bins collected here and you get a bill
    gaurds, schools and other services are paid out general taxation

we already pay for these "services"

Quote Originally Posted by ottovonbismark View Post
    but wait there's more.........next december will see an increase in motor tax for low emissions cars, either a narrowing of tax bands or just a plain old increase in income tax, they will also probably throw another 10% onto DIRT tax, introduce a minimum alcohol unit price, add a couple of hundred euro onto 3rd level fees, cut chislers allowance too.
    More than likely and a cut in pension tax relief.

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment