Register to Comment
Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
    So if there's going to be about 1.2 million household water meters and it costs more than a billion per annum for water treatment then can we assume that the average bill per household will be around €1000 at least?
    No. You need to factor in non-domestic customers. Intel alone for example uses as much water as some of the smaller counties.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Luckily I've never experienced the subtle joys of dealing with DCC.

In any event this is unlikely to be handled by the local authorities. I'm assuming this will be done under the auspices of the new water semi-state.
    Which no doubt will be "managed" by the same overpaid, unaccountable public sector incompetents that "manage" the Dublin local authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    FG/Lab never mentioned €300

Sunday Times made up a figure. Go figure
    but we could mention what labour /fg did mention , like '' labours way or ............... and all mr kennys nice promises , makes me think the times might be more believable

Quote Originally Posted by Expose the lot of them View Post
    Which no doubt will be "managed" by the same over paid public sector incompetents that "manage" the Dublin local authorities.
    It's the senior water guys in the DOE that are making the running on it at the moment. In fairness to them they're pretty good. Procurement of water infrastructure has been pretty efficiently managed in recent times.

I know of one particular terrace of old houses where the water supply and stop cocks are at the back of the houses and access can only be gained by going through the house. What happens if the occupiers just don’t allow the meter installers into their house?

300 euro. but wait isnt that 3x property tax. what was that property tax for again? ah sure not to worry. The fitters can break in to mine while they are skulking about outside and take the property tax outta the wifes purse.

Honestly this govt reminds me more of Fagan every passing day. " youve got pick a pocket or two boys, youve got to pick a pocket or two"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    It's the senior water guys in the DOE that are making the running on it at the moment. In fairness to them they're pretty good. Procurement of water infrastructure has been pretty efficiently managed in recent times.
    If that is the case why has DCC failed to introduce a system, like the ESB, which enables the council to invoice the builders/developers/householders and contractors working for utilities companies and NTL for damage caused to the watermains? If the DOE was on top of its remit the local authorities would have been forced to introduce such a system years ago. As I said before until such time as these "managers" and "public servants" are made accountable for their actions the default position, fleece the citizens/taxpayers/householders, will remain in place.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    FG/Lab never mentioned 300

Sunday Times made up a figure. Go figure
    Your right Hammer...

Fella on liveline now got one installed by order of his local council (i missed where he said he lived)

Bill came to 548.........

Quote Originally Posted by hedzog View Post
    but we could mention what labour /fg did mention , like '' labours way or ............... and all mr kennys nice promises , makes me think the times might be more believable
    You could

Has your hero paid back the €2,800m yet !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Franzoni View Post
    Your right Hammer...

Fella on liveline now got one installed by order of his local council (i missed where he said he lived)

Bill came to €548.........
    Ouch.

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 52 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment