Register to Comment
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Eamon Gilmore says no decision has been taken on the cost of installing water meters. I wonder when this decision was taken
    because one thing is certain about this Government is that when they say one thing they mean the opposite.
    To be fair about it both parties FG and FF have both been equally consistent. In fact it appears that this Government
    is bending over backwards to help to re-instate FF into the fold.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

This government is as bad as the other shower. Not one of them are living in the real world. Hold on a sec and I'll pull a spare 300 out of my arse. Its not like I've nothing better to be spending it on, like food and clothes for the kids. Morons

Quote Originally Posted by ulsterscotnua View Post
    Eamon Gilmore says no decision has been taken on the cost of installing water meters. I wonder when this decision was taken
    because one thing is certain about this Government is that when they say one thing they mean the opposite.
    To be fair about it both parties FG and FF have both been equally consistent. In fact it appears that this Government
    is bending over backwards to help to re-instate FF into the fold.
    This was my post: No decision has been taken on the level of water charges. This was confirmed by Eamon Gilmore on RTE radio today ay lunchtime. Newspaper speculation is not fact . Dont misrepresent what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk View Post
    No decision has been taken on the level of water charges. This was confirmed by Eamon Gilmore on RTE radio today ay lunchtime. Newspaper speculation is not fact

But as Gene Kerrigan says, What is he telling the Americans, ?

Eamon Gilmore said he'd protect universal third level education
    Eamon Gilmore said water charges were a 'red line issue' on labour going into coalition
    Eamon Gilmore said he was a social democrat
    Eamon Gilmore says lots of things....

Eamon Gilmore says lots of things he doens' tmean..

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    But as Gene Kerrigan says, What is he telling the Americans, ?
    There are plenty questions that Gene Keerigan could ask but doesnt? LOL. Has he ever criticised Independent News and Media?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    Good luck getting the money but if they do its another billion or so sucked out of the economy. These guys really are thick.
    Not really; they know who their true employers are!

Eamon Gilmore, The Lisbon treaty is dead.

Enda Kenny, We are committed to retaining the services of Roscommon Co Hospital . . .and i don't come down here lightly to say these words . . . You know in Accident and Emergency what it takes and what needs to be done and what can be done inyour ownlocal hospital here . ,.And we will protect and defend that.
    Its all right lads,take no heed, we are still high in the polls, What are you going to tell your crowd Eamon.

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalCandy View Post
    Id rather they just raised income tax and introduced a third rate than all this steath taxing, but the reason seems to be, as they keep telling us, they think were so stupid that if they don't take it from income tax we won't notice were being fleeced and thus will keep spending more money in shops.

This keeps being said by ministers, ''higher income taxes will hurt jobs'' and I find it so illogical that the only thing I can think of is that they heard it from some right wing think tank, then I thought...of course...the ECB...this is probably something they read off an ECB breifing memo and have no real understanding of what they're saying.

If the state taxes an extra 5 percent from me in income tax, or if they lash me with myriad of charges, I'm just as badly off either way, only if they did it though taxation it would be fairer and those with more money would pay more, so the middle and working classes would not be getting robbed as much.
    The govt seem to have this laughable notion in their heads though that if they raise income tax instead of 200 steath charges that we'll look at our pay cheques and say ''oh theres loads of income tax, this isn't worth it, ill quit me 800 a week job and go on welfare for that juicy 185 a week instead....
    They must think when we look at our budgets we don't notice the 200 stealth taxes and all were lookin at is the income tax.

But they reallly seem to beleive this line about income tax/jobs, so I'm not sure if its that they think WERE stupid, or if they themselves ARE stupid
    Perhaps its their 'special advisers' telling them stealth taxes are better, that we need new charges (not taxes!) to broaden the taxbase. Old but true saying - if you repeat something often enough even though its untrue people repeat it as true. I actually think some people including our politicians believe that new charges broaden the taxbase and don't threaten jobs.

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment