Register to Comment
Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    Thanks Olli! Obviously I don't live there anymore and haven't for some years but I do hope that these charges are ringfenced and go to the intended services.
    That is the 100000 dollar question.
    It is up to the people to watch the politicians very carefully and not loose track of what they are doing.
    People have the tendency to mind only their own little things- instead of taking part in the whole game...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    But when it comes to services like ...TV ...........- they are all shouting about double taxation, IMF, banksters and God knows what else they can grab to hurl at the one who mentions it.
    Why do you think TV should be produced for free just for your own entertainment ?

You might spare a thought on this one- before you walk again with people like Joe Higgins or Ruth Coppinger, who are only playing to the galleries and keep their own jobs this way....

I can dig a private well. I can dispose of my own rubbish privately. I can even generate my own wind, thermal and solar power but I am forced to pay for RTE Pravda propaganda even though I do not receive it on my satellite dish or watch it.
    I can't watch the news from Russia, Japan , BBCNews24, CBS, CNN or Al jazeera on TV without RTE stealing from my pocket. I paid VAT and other indirect taxes because of upwards only rents etc on my Television already yet you talk rubbish about the TV not being paid for. RTE Pravda runs a protection racket and refuses to pay the real producers of my TV content: Freesat. I paid for my Freesat box and my television and steal from nobody. RTEPravda steal from me and have done for years in order for them to pay their cocaine bills. They are thieving scum. You are not related to Gimmemore are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by ulsterscotnua View Post
    Eamon Gilmore says no decision has been taken on the cost of installing water meters.
    Eamon preparing to take a stand on behalf of the workers?!

Funny the way things work out.

The household charge will fund the county councils. Till now they were funded directly from the central government.That is running out of cash...
    We once had a household charge as well in the past.It was called rates, but was abolished by Jack Lynch in the 70tees. He just promised everybody free icecream-and FF won the elctions. Bertie did the same- and see where it brought us to.
    County Councils basically had very little since this masterstroke- no wonder they could not supply the services in such a quality as they should have been.
    The water charge is designed to fund a company called "Irish Water" which will take care of all public water supply.
    Your other taxes taken out of your wage packet will be used to fund the national budget- and for all the corrupt payments some politicians are getting !
    Your just another common govt mouthpiece waffling away in defence of an incompetent and morally bankrupt coalition.

Deal with the current govts theft of monies from the private pension fund and its continuation of the financial policies of the previous gang of thieves that are all now leading the country to civil anarchy

The TV licence will be abolished and changed into a media fee- as in many other countries as well.
    Call it a tax on your computer- please do not tell me that you have none !

Yes- RTE seems to have some problems...I hope it will be shaken up a bit.
    I like your remark about the cocaine. Gerry Ryan popped into my mind at once- an overinflated drugtaking a rshole lecturing people about drugs. I suppose in a way Lambo was an expert...and I paid for his habits....

Many years of FF have corrupted this country and damaged it severly. Do not expect this present government to solve all problems in a few months. FF had decades to run Ireland into the ground...

I do not like to Gimmemore...

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Your just another common govt mouthpiece waffling away in defence of an incompetent and morally bankrupt coalition.

Deal with the current govts theft of monies from the private pension fund and its continuation of the financial policies of the previous gang of thieves that are all now leading the country to civil anarchy
    Very well- you sound angry.
    Judging by your avatar, you are near or on pension age. Are you worried about your own entitlements ?
    Tell me your idea how to get out of this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Eamon preparing to take a stand on behalf of the workers?!

Funny the way things work out.
    Excellent- brilliant. A typical Irish career. Point your fingers at someone else blaming him while you stuff your own pockets....

The TV licence will be abolished and changed into a media fee- as in many other countries as well.
    Call it a tax on your computer- please do not tell me that you have none !
    I already paid VAT taxes on my computer, internet connection and on everything else which I directly used.
    And how is what you suggest any better or different than before in a situation where I am fraudulently charged for the use of RTEPravda while I watch the news from Russia and Japan ? Only by giving up Russia and Japan am I not liable for RTEPravda. This is absurd. They might as well tax me for RTEPravda so long as I decide not to amputate my legs.

Were you referring to the sponging RTEPravda below ?

It's a funny little country we have here.
    People give out about spungers on the dole, ripping off the tax payer. Freeloaders is the word I hear a lot.

If I go over to Germany and watch only the Freeview Channels via a separate dish, I still would have to pay a licence fee to the national broadcasters of Germany. Even if I do not watch any of their own channels.
    It is not a fraudulent charge. It is a lawfull licence passed as a law in an elected people's assembly.
    It is a licence to use a TV set/computer/radio etc. It is the same in many countries....

Many years of FF have corrupted this country and damaged it severly. Do not expect this present government to solve all problems in a few months. FF had decades to run Ireland into the ground...
    Our present and future government are nameless officials in Brussels. Much as I dislike FF, at least they looked like they were upset when they handed Ireland over to the EU/IMF.

What on earth are the two puppets Noonan and Howlin congratulating themselves on? Every single policy FG/LP are implementing has been dictated by the EU/IMF without a whimper of dissent.

As for our new leaders, they cannot keep the smirks off their faces at how easy the takeover has been. The least FG/LP could do is stop ripping off the taxpayer and reduce their salaries to match their ability which I would reckon would be the minimum wage. 300 would mean something to them then.

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment