Register to Comment
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

How did this happen? The stolen documents were obtained by an unknown person who fraudulently assumed the identity of a Heartland board member and persuaded a staff member here to “re-send” board materials to a new email address. Identity theft and computer fraud are criminal offenses subject to imprisonment. We intend to find this person and see him or her put in prison for these crimes.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by General Mayhem View Post
    And still so many people have mobile phones and microwaves.
    The missis sez she's "freezin" (say it with a Cork acceent) and we are putting on the gas as aspecial treat
    all this global warming isn't what its cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PAD1OH View Post
    yea I'm not surprised but I am totally open to be shown to be wrong if we see accurate and independently verified evidence - i.e. email logs etc.
    At least, there are signs of panic over at the good ol' HI. Mother Jones is reporting:

Now Heartland [is] using the incident to fundraise, according to an email to donors obtained by Mother Jones on Wednesday night. The email complains that “scores of bloggers and left-wing activists and their pets in the lamestream media” are posting and quoting the documents. It also asks for donations to the organization’s legal defense fund to fight “false and defamatory” stories. And it apologizes to funders whose names were made public by the incident: “We promise anonymity to many of our donors because nobody wants the risk of nutty environmentalists or Occupy Wall Street goons harassing them. We know that privacy is important to you.”
    Yeah, its that librul meeja again that's to blame.

My understanding is that HI is only claiming one document to be false, the Strategy one. But many of the elements of that are already known, like the strategy to disrupt science teaching in US schools.

The DeSmogBlog has reviewed that Strategy document and compared its content to other material we have in hand. It addresses five elements:

The Increased Climate Project Fundraising material is reproduced in and confirmed by Heartland's own budget.

The "Global Warming Curriculum for K-12 Classrooms" is also a Heartland budget item and has been confirmed independently by the author, Dr. David Wojick.

The Funding for Parallel Organizations; Funding for Selected Individuals Outside Heartland are both reproduced and confirmed in the Heartland budget. And Anthony Watts has confirmed independently the payments in Expanded Climate Communications.
    Richard Littlemore | Heartland Confirms that it Mistakenly Emailed Internal Documents

Breaking Heartless-news for Valentine’s Day: “Dissuading teachers from teaching science …”

I suspect (but cannot prove) that some Irish figures who write or speak occasionally on climate change are on a Heartland Institute e-mail distribution of "talking points". I mean ones like Kevin Myers and Ruth Dudley Edwards,
    Wow , so this is what you've been reduced to. God your sad.

Quote Originally Posted by rash mulligan View Post
    Wow , so this is what you've been reduced to. God your sad.
    What's sad is that major details of the anti-science and pro-fakery agenda of the climate change denialist operation has been exposed, and its major victims like you are unwilling to confront the hard truths.

I hope more and more people become familiar with the activities of the IPCC and Guardian newspaper, which are basically in the lobbying and propaganda game, and realise the difference between an ideologicial "party line" and science.

What's sad is that major details of the anti-science and pro-fakery agenda of the I.P.C.C. operation has been exposed, and its major victims like you are unwilling to confront the hard truths.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeupcall View Post

Lets just move away from fossil fuels because its obsurd that our entire civilization is based on something finite.
    Lets put a little perspective on that Wakeupcall, global annual expenditure on energy has been estimated at $9 trillion, but a picture paints a thousand words.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    What's sad is that major details of the anti-science and pro-fakery agenda of the climate change denialist operation has been exposed, and its major victims like you are unwilling to confront the hard truths.
    I'm just surprised at the paltry sum involved - $6.5M of (privately donated) money.
    Rather than dancing around in glee I'd be asking myself how such small sums can so influence the public discourse compared to the billions and billions (of taxpayer money) pushing the environmental agitprop.

By the way - who do you think faked the document?

Quote Originally Posted by Hogsback View Post
    I'm just surprised at the paltry sum involved - $6.5M of (privately donated) money.
    Rather than dancing around in glee I'd be asking myself how such small sums can so influence the public discourse compared to the billions and billions (of taxpayer money) pushing the environmental agitprop.

By the way - who do you think faked the document?
    it may be that marketing and spreading lies is cheaper than actual science.

also, doubt in and of itself is easier to market than complex science.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment