Register to Comment
Page 219 of 368 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209217218219220221 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3680
Like Tree60Likes

The anti-nuclear brigade must be devastated with, what looks like, the increasing stabilisation of the situation at Fukushima.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

salt supplies in china gone from shops-punters buying and hoarding salt in the belief that it can protect them from radiation-have 2 reports one from shanghai and one from dalian north china.

Quote Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
    The anti-nuclear brigade must be devastated with, what looks like, the increasing stabilisation of the situation at Fukushima.
    A number of prominent posters seem to have vanished?

I wonder was this the source of the fuel pond problems. Inflatable seals?

A possible source of the leak in the Unit 4 pool may be the seals around the doors (or “gates”) on one side of the spent fuel pool. These gates are shown in the diagram below. They are located between the pool and the area above the reactor vessel. They are concrete with metal liners, and are roughly 20’x 3’.

When fuel is moved between the pool and vessel, this whole region is filled with water, the gates are opened, and the fuel can be moved to or from the reactor core while remaining under water. The water not only keeps the fuel rods cool but acts as a radiation shield.

When the gates are closed, they are made watertight by an inflatable seal, similar to a bicycle innertube, that runs around the sides and bottom of the gates. Electric air pumps are used to inflate these seals and keep them inflated as air leaks out of them over time.
    All Things Nuclear • Possible Source of Leaks at Spent Fuel Pools at Fukushima

As for the tin foil hat brigade, some of them just hope for doom, they truely do.

Any conspiracy theories on the nuclei problem being a fake yet?

Quote Originally Posted by exileinleinster View Post
    Any conspiracy theories on the nuclei problem being a fake yet?
    Like 9/11 the whole thing was an inside job.
    Just a scam to kickstart the building industry.

Nah i was thinking more a mis information plan to discredit the nuclear industry as some "crackpot" nations now want it...imagine a world full of nuclear tech and a helpless broke west.

Nah i was thinking more a mis information plan to discredit the nuclear industry as some "crackpot" nations now want it...imagine a world full of nuclear tech and a helpless broke west.
    I'd say that horse has left the building. Pakistan. India, Israel, North Korea and soon Iran all have the tech as could you or i if we had the cash. Doubt this lot are too concerned by public opinion. You can't uninvent it or prevent the nuttier states getting it.

I'm sure some will claim it's to stop others in a higher oil cost world pursing 'peaceful energy' as team america loses the ability to enforce it's will everywhere

I'm sure some will claim it's to stop others in a higher oil cost world pursing 'peaceful energy' as team america loses the ability to enforce it's will everywhere
    Prehaps, but if you were in a smoking crater in the Libyan desert tonight where your tank and it's crew used to be you might feel the ability to enforce remains fairly good!

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment