Register to Comment
Page 510 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500508509510511512 520 560 610 1010 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 10423
Like Tree861Likes

Quote Originally Posted by SirCharles View Post
    Nope. Nothing which would disprove the garaph I posted. But thanks for the link. It's rich in information.
    Just showing again that you cannot read. That reference shows that the BZ, the federal network agency of Germany is using the same figures as the IEA data is shown. It is proving the veracity of the IEA data as a source. It is not there to disprove your graph directly but show that the data from the IEa agrees with that from the BZ. Your data source does not even break down renewable production.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

So? This is useful for policy but not for gauging actual spot prices/

There is already compelling evidence that wind power has not achieved it's goals, and is ruinously expensive. So why has the policy not been dropped?

Elaine Byrne wrote a nice piece about "groupthink" in official Ireland, which may offer an explanation.

Official Ireland is characterised by the sameness of people in positions of power which means a uniformity of decision-making. This closed-minded conformism dismisses and belittles anyone who opposes the group consensus. These awkward people with alternative views.
    She quotes the Nyberg report

"There may have been a strong belief in Ireland that contrarians, non-team players, fractious observers and whistleblowers," the Nyberg Commission noted, would be informally or publicly "sanctioned or ignored, regardless of the quality of their analysis or their place in organisations".
    Nyberg's phrase "..regardless of the quality if analysis .." is chilling.

Elaine Byrne: Male, over 50, overpaid -- Official Ireland still rules - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    There is already compelling evidence that wind power has not achieved it's goals, and is ruinously expensive. So why has the policy not been dropped?
    Take a look at Donegal - the "leader" in wind power in Ireland ...

Highest unemployment rate in the country
    Donegal Now - Donegal unemployment still way above average
    Most significantly, the report also showed how Donegal continues to have a much higher unemployment rate than the rest of the country with a total of 18,869 of people out of work – that’s 26.2% compared with 19% for the State as a whole. Of these 1,380 were first time job seekers.
    The County Council is broke
    HOUSEHOLD TAX: ‘DONEGAL WORST HIT IN CUTS AND COULD GO BANKRUPT’ | Donegal Daily
    “Minister Phil Hogan is now withdrawing a further €4million from the 2012 budget. This is the biggest percentage cut of any local authority and could force Donegal County Council close to bankruptcy.
    The county has the worst planning record in the State
    Donegal 'has worst planning record' - The Irish Times - Mon, Apr 16, 2012

How could the leading county in wind power become such an environmental and economic wasteland?

Quote Originally Posted by riven View Post
    My god man can you not read. The IEA data was posted earlier and disproves your graph and is corroberated by the second reference which agrees with it on renewable generation.

You reject the data from the IEA which agrees with the data from the Federal grid agency of Germany. Well done! Clearly net exports are significantly down.
    First of all, you are still not presenting the source.

Secondly, of course did I reject your data as you were talking about terrawatthours and not gigawatthours as you're doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by riven View Post
    Just showing again that you cannot read. That reference shows that the BZ, the federal network agency of Germany is using the same figures as the IEA data is shown. It is proving the veracity of the IEA data as a source. It is not there to disprove your graph directly but show that the data from the IEa agrees with that from the BZ. Your data source does not even break down renewable production.
    The word "export" isn't even mentioned in the paper you presented us.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post

Elaine Byrne wrote a nice piece about "groupthink" in official Ireland, which may offer an explanation.

She quotes the Nyberg report

Nyberg's phrase "..regardless of the quality if analysis .." is chilling.

Elaine Byrne: Male, over 50, overpaid -- Official Ireland still rules - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie
    A lot of rant. But what we're missing is the "compelling evidence" in your comment...

Quote Originally Posted by energy View Post
    Take a look at Donegal - the "leader" in wind power in Ireland ...

Highest unemployment rate in the country
    Donegal Now - Donegal unemployment still way above average

The County Council is broke
    HOUSEHOLD TAX: ‘DONEGAL WORST HIT IN CUTS AND COULD GO BANKRUPT’ | Donegal Daily

The county has the worst planning record in the State
    Donegal 'has worst planning record' - The Irish Times - Mon, Apr 16, 2012

How could the leading county in wind power become such an environmental and economic wasteland?
    Well. According to the windmap you're referring to, Cork (283.46 MW) has about the same amount of windpower installed as Donegal (283.95 MW).

First of all, you are still not presenting the source.

Secondly, of course did I reject your data as you were talking about terrawatthours and not gigawatthours as you're doing now.
    How many times do I have to present my source (5th time on this thread BTW). Energy, Voltaire have you seen me post this reference before?
    International Energy Agency - Energy Statistics

For historical data you can access the excel sheets on that site.

Secondly we discussed my mistake in labelling and I explained to you (in a post you responded to) that I have made a mistake and change them accordingly. I further explained that in previous posts, I have used the correct amounts.
    Last edited by riven; 1st August 2012 at 12:08 PM.

The word "export" isn't even mentioned in the paper you presented us.

You cannot read. In my post I said that this article agreed with the IEA data presented 4-5 times on this thread regarding the amount of renewables that were in play in Germany at a given time. Thus we can say that the two agencies agree on their numbers. I was not using this article as should be perfectly clear to directly contradict the exports claim you had made. You had issues with my reference and you published a different reference. This presentation proves the veracity of my IEA reference. This was all explained to you.
    Last edited by riven; 1st August 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment