Register to Comment
Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Guerilla Gardening 2010.

Just planted a dozen pansies around the base of a tree which the county council dug in many years ago. All the pelagorniums I had planted there perished in the frost for the first time in years!

Planted more pansies in a neglected county council shrubbery outside our home. Strangers are stopping to admire them.

But my tiny hands are frozen!

Guerrilla Gardening Ireland
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Had planted daffs that were doing nicely until the local scumbag children broke the heads off the flowers to throw at each other. And our taxes subsidising their lifestyle!!! Maybe it's for another thread!!!

I'll be doing a bit of guerilla gardening too. I found a place in Wicklow that would be perfect for a few ganja plants.

Quote Originally Posted by seenitallb4 View Post
    I'll be doing a bit of guerilla gardening too. I found a place in Wicklow that would be perfect for a few ganja plants.
    Friends of mine swears by growing them in hanging bags in a high tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
    Had planted daffs that were doing nicely until the local scumbag children broke the heads off the flowers to throw at each other. And our taxes subsidising their lifestyle!!! Maybe it's for another thread!!!
    It happens.
    Don't give up or they have won. I lost flowers too, but children will pick flowers for their mothers.
    A guy planting along the grand canal near Golden bridge is doing great work with wild flowers along the banks.

It's always best to plant flowers in public places that will regenerate if beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
    In fairness, if your local 'scumbag children' are they type to throw daffs at each other I think you need to take a rain check. Kids pulling the heads off flowers is perfectly normal behaviour. They're the ones who are likely to be planting them in 30 years time, not the ones inside playing the Wii and leaving flowers alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    In fairness, if your local 'scumbag children' are they type to throw daffs at each other I think you need to take a rain check. Kids pulling the heads off flowers is perfectly normal behaviour. They're the ones who are likely to be planting them in 30 years time, not the ones inside playing the Wii and leaving flowers alone.
    Well maybe I expect too much.

BTW I referred to them as scumbag children not because they ripped the heads off the daffodils, (any child can and often will do that as you rightly say, ) I referred to them as scumbag children because they are the children of scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    It often pays to encourage the local children with a few euros to actually help plant flowers and seeds. I do.

My granchildren poked holes in the soil with old pencils and popped in nasturtium seeds opposite their home. WHEN summer arrives they will have quite a surprise at the amount of flowers that will appear. I'm sure they have already forgotten all about the planting a month ago.

Yes, children should be given some leaway. We all were little monsters at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post

Yes, children should be given some leaway. We all were little monsters at one time.
    Very true...My poor mother!!!

And look at the nice person I turned out to be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    Friends of mine swears by growing them in hanging bags in a high tree.
    Does it work for them?

Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment