Register to Comment
Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1260
Like Tree2Likes

Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    Bump,
    they'll need feeding tomorrow peeps.
    And so shall I beans. I fancy a sparrow sandwich.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    Bump,
    they'll need feeding tomorrow peeps.
    Will do. I haven't fed them for a while cause it's been so mild. Got some seed, will get some fatballs for them tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me.

I live in a flat and have nowhere to put a feeder, my parents have a garden but they also have a pussy, though frankly she was never any good at hunting and she's nearly sixteen now so I doubt she'll be too much of a threat if I put the feeders up high.

I was always put off because I read somewhere ages ago that there were times of year you shouldn't put food out because when they were feeding their young a lot of the stuff like nuts was unsuitable and would choke the chicks when their parents fed them? I don't know if this is true and I'm so crap with nature stuff I don't even know when they have their babies.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    I live in a flat and have nowhere to put a feeder, my parents have a garden but they also have a pussy, though frankly she was never any good at hunting and she's nearly sixteen now so I doubt she'll be too much of a threat if I put the feeders up high.

I was always put off because I read somewhere ages ago that there were times of year you shouldn't put food out because when they were feeding their young a lot of the stuff like nuts was unsuitable and would choke the chicks when their parents fed them? I don't know if this is true and I'm so crap with nature stuff I don't even know when they have their babies.

Any advice?
    You can get feeders that stick to windows, they're very cool.

If the cat is 16 and decrepit then you probably have nothing to worry about, if she's 16 and lively then they could put a bell on her collar.

Peanuts can be a problem with choking, but if you get a peanut feeder this isn't a problem, the peanuts are in a mesh, and the birds have to break them up to get them out.

Chickies come in the spring time, you'll notice birds going around the place with building supplies (twigs, hay and other bits n' bobs) in the run up to it.

Thanks Beanie, the window ones do look cool and would keep the feed well away from any pussies.

I'd love to put one of those birdboxes in my parents garden that had a camera in them so you can watch the chicks being fed.

Keep feeding those birdies well into the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    Thanks Beanie, the window ones do look cool and would keep the feed well away from any pussies.

I'd love to put one of those birdboxes in my parents garden that had a camera in them so you can watch the chicks being fed.
    Sound advice for gay men and Bird feeders alike

Bump.

Don't forget to feed the birds, not much food around for them these days.

Also in areas where the flood gates have been closed for more than a week the swans have also been pretty hungry, had to climb down a bank to get close to feed them...2 large pans gone in a minute!

I got the window feeders. They fell off after a while. But Roland Rat couldn't get at the food.

Jeez had a problem with the rodents when I used the fat balls. The dregs on the ground drew in the Roland's.

I did not like that one bit. Never again.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment