Register to Comment
Page 73 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Like Tree561Likes

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    So not really a benefit to the incumbent over the challenger then ..as you previously claimed ...He has nothing he can claim as an individual or personal success .......... Glad we sorted that out
    He is known and recognisable - a big bonus. Challengers do not have this and have to sell themselves to the public, where a lot of them fall down a big hole. It's a figurehead job devoid of all that success stuff. I am happy to nail my colours and say he will not be seriously challenged no matter who people find to run against him. More interested in the referendums they decide to run alongside it, if there is one.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by sic transit View Post
    He is known and recognisable - a big bonus. Challengers do not have this and have to sell themselves to the public, where a lot of them fall down a big hole. It's a figurehead job devoid of all that success stuff. I am happy to nail my colours and say he will not be seriously challenged no matter who people find to run against him. More interested in the referendums they decide to run alongside it, if there is one.
    Think you're in for a shock ....yep the entire establishment will row in behind him ....but there is a lot of cynicism and hes been found out as a liar .Add to that and hes far too old and has been around far too long ...theres also a bit of a whiff of entitlement about him .....and there isnt half as much love or respect for him as the media would have us believe

I think he expected a free run .....He aint going to get one and he wont get the media coronation he got last time ( and yet still it required the Frontline fit up to get him over the line)

if a serious candidate emerges ...i expect him to "reconsider"

Possible knee issues that may take him out of the race?

Think you're in for a shock ....yep the entire establishment will row in behind him ....but there is a lot of cynicism and hes been found out as a liar .Add to that and hes far too old and has been around far too long ...theres also a bit of a whiff of entitlement about him .....and there isnt half as much love or respect for him as the media would have us believe

I think he expected a free run .....He aint going to get one and he wont get the media coronation he got last time ( and yet still it required the Frontline fit up to get him over the line)

Who is the "serious candidate" that is "about to emerge"?

Waffler.

Think you're in for a shock ....yep the entire establishment will row in behind him ....but there is a lot of cynicism and hes been found out as a liar .Add to that and hes far too old and gas been around far too lolng ...theres also a bit of a whiff of entitlement about him .....and there isnt half as much love or respect for him as the media would have us believe

Don't think many people reflect that deeply on any politician. Serious candidates tend to be identified by the establishment parties and it makes little sense for them to run in this election when they can have a better chance on a level field in the next one. I don't think he'll mind campaigning, he is an ex-politico after all. We should know by the end of this week. If SF "fail" to identify a suitable candidate it is very doubtful there will be one.

Didn't he say he wasn't going to run for a 2nd term i suppose its not a surprise honesty was never these types strong point just spoofing on top of spoofing followed by even more spoofing.

“Known and recognisable”.. Lol.. if that’s all it takes then virtually anybody from Bertie to Zappone could be President.. It’s not that hard a gig given that the president has a large backroom team to advise etc.. and the salary and pension is absolutely totally amazing.. I reckon I could do it meself .. 14 years is far too long a term and flies in the face of democracy.

Don't think many people reflect that deeply on any politician. Serious candidates tend to be identified by the establishment parties and it makes little sense for them to run in this election when they can have a better chance on a level field in the next one. I don't think he'll mind campaigning, he is an ex-politico after all. We will know by the end of this week. If SF "fail" to identify a suitable candidate it is very doubtful there will be one.
    Right. Soon some powerful serious candidates will be announced that Pie is keeping under its hat to challenge the leprechaun and his pot of gold.

I await the end of the rainbow,

Quote Originally Posted by Pabilito View Post
    “Known and recognisable”.. Lol.. if that’s all it takes then virtually anybody from Bertie to Zappone could be President.. It’s not that hard a gig given that the president has a large backroom team to advise etc.. and the salary and pension is absolutely totally amazing.. I reckon I could do it meself .. 14 years is far too long a term and flies in the face of democracy.
    Constitution says yes to two terms and the length so put yourself up for nomination and see how far you get!

michael d saying what he wouldn't do is just as important as the others saying what they would do like Craughwell saying he refer the water bill etc

Page 73 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment