Register to Comment
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Most abortions take place because men bully women into them- that is before we get into the actual ethics of abortion. Repealing the 8 th rather than emancipating women will actually be making things worse for us.
    Big bad men are to blame for everything!

https://www.guttmacher.org/news-rele...tain-abortions

he authors examined reasons for abortion across countries, and within countries by women’s sociodemographic characteristics. They found that, in most countries, the most frequently cited reasons for having an abortion were socioeconomic concerns or a desire to limit childbearing. In six of the 13 countries for which there were data available on women’s primary reason for seeking an abortion, more than one-quarter of women cited socioeconomic reasons for having an abortion. In five countries, limiting childbearing was the most frequently reported primary reason.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Abortion even in the ROI was carried out in cases of entropic pregnancy- otherwise we would be hearing constantly about the deaths that otherwise would have followed. If I remember rightly she died in France and an abortion was offered to her.
    Strictly speaking, abortion is the evacuation of the uterus. Ectopic pregnancies are extra-uterine.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    I wouldn’t have an issue with a morning after pill.
    It can have serious side-effects and may not actually be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    You don't have any actual evidence for that claim. Indeed, the opposite is true, insofar as men have been responsible for imposing the current restrictions on women's autonomy.
    Merc unlike you I know women who have had abortions and I know that they have had abortions. Don't worry the facts are peer reviewed-

https://www.heartbeatservices.org/fo...ons-in-america

Merc unlike you I know women who have had abortions
    I know at least one woman who has had an abortion, and I know that she wasn't forced to by any man.

She was, however, forced to travel to Manchester in order to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taidhg Gaelach View Post
    When the morning after pill exists, there really no excuse for abortion in rape cases.

Vomiting is a side effect. If you can't keep it down, it doesn't work. Even if you keep it down it still has a high failure rate.

After rape people often can't think clearly or deal with things that would seem obvious and straightforward at any other time. This is a physiological reaction, not a choice or a failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roomtwo View Post
    Vomiting is a side effect. If you can't keep it down, it doesn't work. Even if you keep it down it still has a high failure rate.

After rape people often can't think clearly or deal with things that would seem obvious and straightforward at any other time. This is a physiological reaction, not a choice or a failing.
    I hesitate to use the term "mansplaining" because it is often unfairly deployed against simple nerds, discussing their to women obscure and arcane interests.

But one of the gut-wrenchingly funny aspects of watching anti-repealers discuss gynaecological matters is how little they f*ucing know about them.

We have had first trimester spontaneous abortions described as if a woman lay down and gave birth to a miniature dead baby, and now we have to hear about the morning after pill from people opposed to abortion who think it is like taking an aspirin.

The mere fact they say a woman should access the morning after pill if she has been raped means they accept she does not have a moral duty to carry a rapists baby.

Why not? Isnt it just another precious child?

I know at least one woman who has had an abortion, and I know that she wasn't forced to by any man.

She was, however, forced to travel to Manchester in order to have it.
    You also know that it is particularly evil women that seek male homosexuals to befriend? It would be interesting to know your views on this phenomena.

You also know that it is particularly evil women that seek male homosexuals to befriend?

What?

What?
    Billy is jealous that I give you more likes than him....

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment