View Poll Results: What will be the result (your prediction, not intention) of the referendum on the 8th will be

Voters
203. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • The result will be 'yes'.

117 57.64%
  • The result will be 'no'.

86 42.36%
Register to Comment
Page 64 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Like Tree845Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Taidhg Gaelach View Post
    Most girls would prefer to keep their babies. That's their nature. But they are often being pressured into abortions by boyfriends, family members, etc. A little bit of distance from the abortion abattoir can give her just enough scope to resist pressure from others and save her child.

https://www.pop.org/many-american-wo...s-study-finds/
    No doubt Merc would have considered it preferable if she had snuffed out her daughter because it dosen't fit in with 'muh bodily autonomy'.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    Not according to our nationality law.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Na...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Fck the law and buy yourself a dictionary.

native
    ˈneɪtɪv/Submit
    noun
    a person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy12345 View Post
    The people who will decide this referendum are those who dislike abortion but would agree with giving a period of grace to women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy. They care about the foetus more than they care about the embryo.

The danger for the Yes side is that these people will feel that the proposed legislation just goes too far and will either stay at home or vote No.

The danger for the No side is that these people will say to themselves, 'Feck it, something's got to give', and hold their nose as they vote Yes.

The problem for the Yes side is that their spokespeople give the (accurate) impression that they don't give a damn about the foetus.

The problem for the No side is that their spokespeople seem a little too happy with the status quo.
    One of the better post to appear on this thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchcock View Post
    Referendum material is not junk mail hence why the sign is being ignored.
    Our sign is either being observed or there have been no leaflet drops. We had Love Boats come round a few weeks back, but nothing since.

I remember your comment coming from an old hand at canvassing. I was observing the householders wishes before.

I don't think the cheek to ignore such a sign will sway voters on this issue. People have strong views and most intelligent people of either persuasion know their facts in so much as they need to make a decision.

In a GE, it is often more of a visceral reaction to candidates.

Exluding those who did not state a preference, yes side sits on 58% while the No side are on 42%.

Last poll the ratio was 63% to 37% excluding the rest. I expect this to tighten up in the last week.

The no side needs 88% of the undecideds to win.

Latest poll shows "sharp drop" in support for Yes amongst 18-24 year olds. The difference in Millenial mood to the marriage referendum could hardly be starker. The energy off the young Repealers, with their undertaker black uniforms, is Dementor energy. They might as well have the word REPEL emblazoned across their chests.

Only some of the polling was done after Yes's disastrous performance on Claire Byrne Live.

All the momentum with No.

No room for complacency, but I predict a comfortable win for No.
    Last edited by Tommy12345; 17th May 2018 at 10:28 AM.

There will be no comfortable win for any side.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    Our sign is either being observed or there have been no leaflet drops. We had Love Boats come round a few weeks back, but nothing since.

I remember your comment coming from an old hand at canvassing. I was observing the householders wishes before.

I don't think the cheek to ignore such a sign will sway voters on this issue. People have strong views and most intelligent people of either persuasion know their facts in so much as they need to make a decision.

When a GE is called, I print off an A4 page with the following on it

NO ELECTION MATERIAL
    NO CANVASSERS
    NO JUNK MAIL

That does the trick.

If anyone calls after that, I find that opening the door in the nude drives them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post

Wasting your time with him.

One interesting note for a no win will mean that Michael Martin is done for almost immediately - the plans have already started to take him out, summer leader election.

A yes vote win - I think Michael Martin is still done for. Just not as sure on the timeline of events for this scenario. It means FF establishes themselves as the anti-abortion party and pull support for the government, triggering an election which would mean another vote for pro-life TDs to get in and try reverse the decision.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment