Register to Comment
Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree628Likes

If there's an election before Xmas, who's to blame?

Alison O'Connor on Drivetime has just said that blame is going to be a big factor in the election that might happen between now and Christmas. Nobody wants an election and everybody's aware of the need for stable leadership at this stage of the Brexit negotiations.

My question is: who's to blame?

My own guess is that it'll be the crowd that suddenly and entirely off their own bat tabled the motion of no-confidence in Frances Fitzgerald, thus issuing an ultimatum to the Government, and everyone knows that if you're issuing an ultimatum it's not because you want peace.

I think that Fianna Fáil could ship substantial damage over the course of the election campaign, as Fine Gael rubs this message in.

Of course, the election is likely to be very bad for the smaller parties, including Labour.

And what happens to Sinn Féin will probably be no more than minimal, though it'll be interesting to see what having Mary Lou might do to their support.

The main picture, though, will be the battle of who will become the largest party after the election. I think that it will largely depend on whether the electorate blame Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil for precipitating the election.

And, as I say, I think Fine Gael will be in a stronger position to point the accusing finger at Fianna Fáil than vice versa.

What do other posters think?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Michéal Martin.

He is afraid Leo will achieve the republic he wants to talk to the world about.

The FDP?

Waiting for the moronic churnalists in RTE/Irish Times etc to blame "The Russians" and Donald Trump.

Peter McVerry, Muslims, Libloons, Hollywood, Feminists, Dev, Shergar, take your pick...

Top brass in dept of justice to blame

I blame the fools on the GS interview board who failed to select Maurice McCabe for promotion all those years ago.

Oh and Alan Kelly!

Quote Originally Posted by westernisland View Post
    Top brass in dept of justice to blame
    There's a lot in that. But what political party will get blamed for laziness and sense of self-preservation?

We the people...

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Alison O'Connor on Drivetime has just said that blame is going to be a big factor in the election that might happen between now and Christmas. Nobody wants an election and everybody's aware of the need for stable leadership at this stage of the Brexit negotiations.

My question is: who's to blame?

My own guess is that it'll be the crowd that suddenly and entirely off their own bat tabled the motion of no-confidence in Frances Fitzgerald, thus issuing an ultimatum to the Government, and everyone knows that if you're issuing an ultimatum it's not because you want peace.

I think that Fianna Fáil could ship substantial damage over the course of the election campaign, as Fine Gael rubs this message in.

Of course, the election is likely to be very bad for the smaller parties, including Labour.

And what happens to Sinn Féin will probably be no more than minimal, though it'll be interesting to see what having Mary Lou might do to their support.

The main picture, though, will be the battle of who will become the largest party after the election. I think that it will largely depend on whether the electorate blame Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil for precipitating the election.

And, as I say, I think Fine Gael will be in a stronger position to point the accusing finger at Fianna Fáil than vice versa.

What do other posters think?
    Fianna Fáil.

Edit - FF could have abstained on the MNC I think, all they had to do is not support it.

Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment