Register to Comment
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree42Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    Who would you put your support behind now or are you voting least worst.
    Locals 2019 Tom Brabazon is getting my vote because he's a good man. I know he's Fianna Fáil but I know from close hand the good work he does.

A general election I am open but 100% will not be giving FG my number one vote. FG are responsible for an escalating homelessness crisis, increasing house prices near Celtic Tiger levels and an ever worsening health system. If Naoise O'Muiri runs in a general election again I'd give him a 2 or a 3 just cos he's a nice guy and is up against it anyway but the other candidates including minister Bruton who is an active participant in the government failing the people...no way.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by The Rahenyite View Post
    Locals 2019 Tom Brabazon is getting my vote because he's a good man. I know he's Fianna Fáil but I know from close hand the good work he does.

A general election I am open but 100% will not be giving FG my number one vote. FG are responsible for an escalating homelessness crisis, increasing house prices near Celtic Tiger levels and an ever worsening health system. If Naoise O'Muiri runs in a general election again I'd give him a 2 or a 3 just cos he's a nice guy and is up against it anyway but the other candidates including minister Bruton who is an active participant in the government failing the people...no way.
    O Muiri would be a wasted vote though. Is he eager to be a three time GE failure?
    Also is not as complicit as Bruton in FG failures given he is their lead man on DCC?
    Also Bruton isn't a nice guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Degeneration X View Post
    O Muiri would be a wasted vote though. Is he eager to be a three time GE failure?
    Also is not as complicit as Bruton in FG failures given he is their lead man on DCC?
    Also Bruton isn't a nice guy?
    As long as Bruton is around and O'Muiri lives in the same area as him he won't get elected. I said before and I'll say it again, FG need a strong candidate in the old Dublin North East area. Terence Flanagan is the man ahead of anyone else there tho whether the members chose him giving his history is another matter.

Also you can't really compare cabinet power with local government power. Administratively, we are one of the most centralised countries in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rahenyite View Post
    As long as Bruton is around and O'Muiri lives in the same area as him he won't get elected. I said before and I'll say it again, FG need a strong candidate in the old Dublin North East area. Terence Flanagan is the man ahead of anyone else there tho whether the members chose him giving his history is another matter.

Also you can't really compare cabinet power with local government power. Administratively, we are one of the most centralised countries in Europe.
    Is there anything to suggest Noisy would be different to Tricky though. O'Muiri always comes across as a typical FG shill in all matters.
    As for TF he'll have a job to do, with convincing the FG tribalists and cult followers to take him back as one of theirs.
    Last edited by Degeneration X; 2nd December 2017 at 07:04 PM.

can't believe Terence Flanagan would be selected but heres a reminder of what kind of TD he says he was Terence Flanagan TD claims his office can submit parliamentary questions without his knowledge and approval
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 4th December 2017 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    can't believe Terence Flanagan would be selected but heres a reminder of what kind of TD he says he was Terence Flanagan TD claims his office can submit parliamentary questions without his knowledge and approval
    FG and FF have serious problems in finding running mates for their incumbants in Dublin Bay North. FG probably more so - their cup hardly runneth over when it comes to finding a partner for Bruton who might actually be in contention for a seat.

It does not matter who they select to run with Bruton there is not two seats for FG, From reading other posters on here Bruton seems to immune from any form of criticism, one poster claimed every time he spoke ill of the man the site removed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    It does not matter who they select to run with Bruton there is not two seats for FG, From reading other posters on here Bruton seems to immune from any form of criticism, one poster claimed every time he spoke ill of the man the site removed him.
    Right, only one FG seat there.

Quote Originally Posted by Degeneration X View Post
    FG and FF have serious problems in finding running mates for their incumbants in Dublin Bay North. FG probably more so - their cup hardly runneth over when it comes to finding a partner for Bruton who might actually be in contention for a seat.
    Would they not parachute Bonkers Bannon in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kbcav View Post
    Would they not parachute Bonkers Bannon in there.
    I think it might come down to a parachute candidate alright, could they bring Hayes back from Europe to run there, I think he is originally from Clontarf or Killester.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment