Register to Comment
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

can't believe Terence Flanagan would be selected but heres a reminder of what kind of TD he says he was Terence Flanagan TD claims his office can submit parliamentary questions without his knowledge and approval
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 4th December 2017 at 08:53 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    can't believe Terence Flanagan would be selected but heres a reminder of what kind of TD he says he was Terence Flanagan TD claims his office can submit parliamentary questions without his knowledge and approval
    FG and FF have serious problems in finding running mates for their incumbants in Dublin Bay North. FG probably more so - their cup hardly runneth over when it comes to finding a partner for Bruton who might actually be in contention for a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    It does not matter who they select to run with Bruton there is not two seats for FG, From reading other posters on here Bruton seems to immune from any form of criticism, one poster claimed every time he spoke ill of the man the site removed him.
    Right, only one FG seat there.

Quote Originally Posted by Degeneration X View Post
    FG and FF have serious problems in finding running mates for their incumbants in Dublin Bay North. FG probably more so - their cup hardly runneth over when it comes to finding a partner for Bruton who might actually be in contention for a seat.
    Would they not parachute Bonkers Bannon in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kbcav View Post
    Would they not parachute Bonkers Bannon in there.
    I think it might come down to a parachute candidate alright, could they bring Hayes back from Europe to run there, I think he is originally from Clontarf or Killester.

I see Denise Mitchell was selected as Sinn Féin's sole candidate on Monday night for this ward.

Good call with the likely reduction in overall number of candidates for the ward - two candidate strategy would be a disaster and cannot see another obvious candidate in their current crop of councillors here - although from what I've seen of Edel Moran she is impressive, but needs to do a big job in upping her profile before locals.

I think it might come down to a parachute candidate alright, could they bring Hayes back from Europe to run there, I think he is originally from Clontarf or Killester.
    yes he's from Clontarf, but he could still return to a safer dsw and take back his seat with Brophy holding also........zappone to loose out

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    It does not matter who they select to run with Bruton there is not two seats for FG, From reading other posters on here Bruton seems to immune from any form of criticism, one poster claimed every time he spoke ill of the man the site removed him.
    FG on 30% of the vote nationally could get a second seat in DBN.

He's originally from Clontarf, a former St.Paul's student. A former boss of mine was in his class in St.Paul's told me Hayes never shut up about Fine Gael in his youth and wanting to be involved in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rahenyite View Post
    FG on 30% of the vote nationally could get a second seat in DBN.
    They tend to under-perform in Dublin though especially in the Northside of Dublin - FG got about 26% of the vote nationally but only about 19% in DBN last time. There is no second seat for FG without a decent second candidate who can buck the trend.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment