Register to Comment
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95
Like Tree35Likes
  1. #1
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30,080

    Apparently En Marche is expecting a landslide. I don't care for Macron or his politics but his performance against Trump at NATO and the G7 was admirable.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42,893

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Apparently En Marche is expecting a landslide. I don't care for Macron or his politics but his performance against Trump at NATO and the G7 was admirable.
    He behaved like an idiot. What exactly did the handshake antics or spending much of the time talking with the only other French speaker present, Trudeau achieve ?

    Apart for causing clueless morons to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

    He has a more absurd personal complex than even Sarkozy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,783

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    He behaved like an idiot. What exactly did the handshake antics or spending much of the time talking with the only other French speaker present, Trudeau achieve ?

    Apart for causing clueless morons to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

    He has a more absurd personal complex than even Sarkozy.
    It played to the gallery and the papers were full of how he was strong.

    Trump still pulled out of Paris and pain is still in Ukraine.
    Then Macron went in about making the planet great again which is the type of childish imitation of Trump that they love on Twitter.

    Merkel is doing the same thing. I think that the EU 2 really do think they can go it alone for 4 or even 8 years.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    Des Quirell Des Quirell is offline
    Des Quirell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    42,190

    Voted earlier. The place was quiet but it was at noon on a really hot day. Wife is supervising the early count locally.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    Des Quirell Des Quirell is offline
    Des Quirell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    42,190

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    He behaved like an idiot. What exactly did the handshake antics or spending much of the time talking with the only other French speaker present, Trudeau achieve ?

    Apart for causing clueless morons to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

    He has a more absurd personal complex than even Sarkozy.
    It was playground stuff all round. You seem, though, to have formed very firm conclusions about him based on little to no evidence.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30,080

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Voted earlier. The place was quiet but it was at noon on a really hot day. Wife is supervising the early count locally.
    As a matter of interest, would you normally travel on your French or Irish passport? Or just whichever comes to hand and as a naturalised French person, do you regard yourself now as French or would you still say Irish out of habit if asked your nationality?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    Des Quirell Des Quirell is offline
    Des Quirell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    42,190

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    As a matter of interest, would you normally travel on your French or Irish passport? Or just whichever comes to hand and as a naturalised French person, do you regard yourself now as French or would you still say Irish out of habit if asked your nationality?
    I'm Irish. The reason for two passports is to have an overlap. I spend maybe three quarters of the year traveling. I use my passport on an almost daily basis, so can't afford to be without one. I used have two Irish passports.

    The kids both have Irish passports. They're proudly French-Irish and speak basic Gaeilge taught to them by their French mother.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    bokuden bokuden is online now
    bokuden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,166

    Macron is a lying neo liberal weasel. Once the french find out he promised a load of reforms to steal a few percent off melenchon to get into the second round they will hammer him. But thats what you get for voting for a bilderberg banker.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Jack Walsh Jack Walsh is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,115

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    He behaved like an idiot. What exactly did the handshake antics or spending much of the time talking with the only other French speaker present, Trudeau achieve ?

    Apart for causing clueless morons to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

    He has a more absurd personal complex than even Sarkozy.
    Definition of Irony
    A raving Trump supporter accusing a politician of having "an absurd personal complex"!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment