Register to Comment
Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1110Likes

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    I can just Teresa going to Europe:

" Look we've had another election and quite a few people voted for us, well.. they are probably most of those who voted Tory or BREXIT before, but that's by the by.. look you had better give us what we want now"

- and them just sniggering.
    After the French GE the snigger will be on the other side of those smug ba$tards mugs.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Is possible if T May runs the election on a re-hash of BREXIT, hoping to mobilise the Leavers (many of whom never voted before in a reliable way), she might be disappointed.

But that would require the Opposition Parties to actually fight on domestic issues, and not allow her to turn it into a Churchillian -style "Back Me Against Occupied Europe" lark.

The reality of life in Britain unless you are coasting on 50, 000 a year and crucially on the housing ladder is pretty sh*t. The trick of BREXIT was to convince people that was Junckers fault. All him and Merkel.

I suppose one day they will wake up. When the Tories flog off the Sacred Cow - the NHS - and they will do it in a New York minute.
    All valid points but given your history of being wrong about almost ever recent political event, is there a chance you might be right about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    All valid points but given your history of being wrong about almost ever recent political event, is there a chance you might be right about this one?
    Right about what? You dont think life in Britain is basically sh*tty unless you are high earner, and even then not all that great unless you own your house?

Or that the 17 million voters vs 16 million isnt exactly an overwhelming mandate for BREXIT?

Or that T May has no plan except to wipe out Labour?

Which bit didnt you understand?

YouGov poll:

Con 48% (+4)
    Lab 24% (+1)
    Lib Dems 12% (-)
    UKIP 7% (-3)

Electoral Calculus Forecast:

Con 420 (+89)
    Lab 143 (-89)
    SNP 56 (-)
    Lib Dem 9 (+1 on GE)
    Plaid Cymru 3
    Green 1
    NI 18

Right about what? You dont think life in Britain is basically sh*tty unless you are high earner, and even then not all that great unless you own your house?

Or that the 17 million voters vs 16 million isnt exactly an overwhelming mandate for BREXIT?

I rely on people like you to explain the complexities of such matters. However a lot of EU immigrants seem to think life there is pretty good compared to their home countries.

You did expect Brexit to fail, didn't you? You didn't really anticipate the result of having Drunken Juncker and his gang of unelected maggots lecturing the British on what they should do?

This is a post-UK election whether you and others realise it. Scotland is already been written off and NI is being sidelined. The battle for control is in England and Wales. (There's also that rather inconvenient expenses story.)

Do you think that May will succeed or will she accidentally create a more powerful LibDems along with a fragmented Labour party and reabsorb some of the UKIP vote into the Tory vote?

I rely on people like you to explain the complexities of such matters. However a lot of EU immigrants seem to think life there is pretty good compared to their home countries.

You did expect Brexit to fail, didn't you? You didn't really anticipate the result of having Drunken Juncker and his gang of unelected maggots lecturing the British on what they should do?

This is a post-UK election whether you and others realise it. Scotland is already been written off and NI is being sidelined. The battle for control is in England and Wales. (There's also that rather inconvenient expenses story.)

Do you think that May will succeed or will she accidentally create a more powerful LibDems along with a fragmented Labour party and reabsorb some of the UKIP vote into the Tory vote?
    That sounds like emotionalism and hysteria from you, to be honest.

I dont think you have much understanding why 17 million people vs 16 million voted BREXIT (and 9 million stayed at home).

Why dont you check out the constituencies guide I posted on the other thread, and number crunch them? Your detailed prediction will be fascinating, I am sure.

Sounds like Dublin without the NHS to be fair.

That sounds like emotionalism and hysteria from you, to be honest.
    You'll be calling me a feminist next.

I dont think you have much understanding why 17 million people vs 16 million voted BREXIT (and 9 million stayed at home).
    And yet I predicted that they had a very good chance of winning when all you Remanians got it wrong.

Why dont you check out the constituencies guide I posted on the other thread, and number crunch them? Your detailed prediction will be fascinating, I am sure.
    I hope that some candidates from my favourite party are running.

You'll be calling me a feminist next.

And yet I predicted that they had a very good chance of winning when all you Remanians got it wrong.

I hope that some candidates from my favourite party are running.
    Waiting for your analysis, this is the polling thread after all.

Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    The issues of the election will be dictated by whether Corbyn deals with the Blairites, puts forward a radical left programme - and stops the Blairites sabotaging the election campaign.

The Blairites are actually in a catch 22 - after two years of sabotaging Corbyn's leadership - and wanting to see the LP take a hammering so that they can shaft Corbyn - their antics could result in a whole pile of them losing their political careers as they are dumped it of parliament.
    Yes, Corbyn needs to go after the Blairites and crush those damned reactionary, caplitalist-roaders. Such a demonstration of Labour unity will guarantee a Tory defeat on June 8th.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment