Register to Comment
Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree863Likes

Immigration issues not been addressed during 2016 Irish election

Has the current mass immigration issue of Islamic immigration into the EU been addressed during our General election? I have not heard any candidate been asked about this States role in the current immigration crisis. I would particularly like to see Candidates and Political Parties been asked about their positions on immigrant numbers entering Ireland.
    Last edited by realistic1; 9th March 2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Not near enough anti refugee threads on here, fair play 'realistic1'.

Yeah Joan and Enda are going to open up that can of worms during a housing crisis ?

They probably threatened the media with reception centres in their area if they bring it up.
    Last edited by storybud1; 20th February 2016 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
    Not near enough anti refugee threads on here, fair play 'realistic1'.
    So asking a question about Political parties opinions of Immigration is "anti-refugee"? What should one do, bury our heads in the sand?

The UK is going to sort all that out for us over in Brussels.

Issues that matter enough to every electorate in every democratic country during an election always come up. The fact that your pet issue means little or nothing to the majority of the Irish electorate, highlighted graciously by your acknowledgement that it hasn't come up in our General Election, is something you'll just have to live with....or not. You can always eh...emigrate.

Like Dinny getting debt write downs, the national debt, the non-action following the Moriarty Tribunal, the drugs problem and the unaccountability culture on the institutional state, this issue is getting ignored.

It points to consequences of failure in the political media establishment.

Actually, the drugs problem has probably been over-covered, the national debt encompasses the economy which FG have managed to persuade many sheep is far more important than human beings' welfare, accountability by the institutional state is being covered (in the mind of the media) with hospitals being held accountable for missing cancer diagnoses, trolley counts etc but I do agree about Dinny.

His lack of coverage probably has nothing to do with the fact that he owns Irish media to a large extent *cough*. Regardless of all the above points, the invading hoards of Islam is not being discussed because the vast majority of sensient humans in Ireland are not remotely concerned about it. And rightfully so.

The only people bringing it up are Identity Ireland and their Chairperson Peter O'Loughlin who is a GE candidate in Cork North Central.

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    Has the current mass immigration issue of Islamic immigration into the EU been addressed during our General election? I have not heard any candidate been asked about this States role in the current immigration crisis. I would particularly like to see Candidates and Political Parties been asked there positions on immigrant numbers entering Ireland.
    Not just immigration, nearly all external issues are not being discussed. There's no talk of the Brexit issue either. We're in Bertie 'Nobody told me about Lehmans' territory here again. Look at a similar country to ourselves like Denmark where immigration, the environment and the relationship with the EU are all big issues. Here we are very self-absorbed which is weird cause we have a very open economy, a really large foreign born population (3rd highest in EU I think), there's talk of the EU landing between 20k and 100k migrants on our shores and we're just after coming through yet another flood crisis. The only game in town is the 'whose numbers add up best' game where party leaders are pitted against each other to see who can calculate what percentage of tax is needed for so many hospital beds. Why should we discuss the big issues when we have 'fiscal space' to contend with.

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment