Register to Comment
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Hook is a joke that stopped being funny years ago. He really needs to go away now
    Bit harsh of you ... is it 'cos he is old?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

There was a full moon last night, Halloween when people dress up to fool one another that they are something else is just around the corner.
    Hook doesn't so much understand No 1 because he speaks a lot of No 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    No, it's cos he's a buffoonish 'controversialist' who never has anything interesting to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    President Hook.... it has a certain je ne sais quoi. .. Wait he didn't mean the presidency. Never mind
    Could you imagine President Hook being introduced to the teams at Lansdowne Rd before a 6 Nations game? He'd be hours talking to the teams and telling them how bad they were! They'd never get the match started!

It's coz he is a fool.

I will never forget the put-down that Brian O'Driscoll delivered after a Six Nations match. Hook had been highly critical of him in the lead up to the game, suggesting we would get slaughtered. Come the day and BO'D delivered his usual heroic performance and Ireland won. BO'D was being interviewed after the game and was asked what he thought of Hook's comments.

His response: "I only care about the opinions of people I respect". Cut back to studio and Hook's devastated face. Priceless.

Very interesting piece in the Indo, George Hook is pointing out that opinion polls have indicated an appetite for independent candidates. Why not himself?

He states his case, and would for example have an absolute pre-election commitment not to enter coalition with members of the hard left or Sinn Fein.

Homelessness is his priority with some interesting suggestions to tackle it (laid out in the piece below).
    George Hook: I could be the Michael Collins Fine Gael candidate in general election - Independent.ie

Most interesting bit is that he doesn't think he can vote FG the next time. Hook has always come across as a die hard blueshirt, one would wonder at his disenchantment.

He's as you would expect, on the far right when it comes to the economy. "Hook will campaign for no tax reductions until the country is self-sufficient and not borrowing to pay for its day-to-day running. Contrary to established wisdom, rather than having fewer people pay tax, more people will pay it. The reason is simple. The citizens should feel ownership of the country, and believe that they are making a contribution to its success."

So P.ie, would you give your number 1 to that old devil?
    If George is one of the go to people, then no. The go to people are the establishment who the establishment go to whenever they want just to tweak the narrative, and yet appear radical and different. Sadly, many of the 'go to' people don't realise they're the establishment. You find them on Marian Finucane, Matt Cooper, Morning Ireland, Newstalk, etc. they range from Ivan Yates, Maureen Gaffney, to Marie Lousie O Donnell, to the current affairs anchors themselves, to the new 'acceptable' independents, to the musical chairs of the tweedles dums and dees and dumbs and dumbers, who in their heart just think, well it's my turn now to be rearranging the chairs in the same axis consensus, I want a go too. Hope I am wrong. Time will tell, but watch carefully the likes of Ross, Fitzmaurice, the two McGraths, Mattie and Finian, the S.Ds and Renua. If they join in the chorus of the demonisation of S.F. and want to keep them out, then that will be very revealing in itself. I'll be voting No 1 real Ind, then anyone but the go to people, be they FF,FG,Lab or the lighter versions of them who only had qualms of conscience on one issue , be it one of principle or local clientalism.

There will be no real change as long as the anchor tenants of our chattel state are FG, FF or Labour. The electorate need to waken up to the narrative that seeks to exclude Sinn Fein, not out of concern for the State, or the common good, but out of concern purely for themselves. Tis the Irish FG/FF/Lab version of Louis' XVI, 'L'estat Cest Moi' and I ain't buying it.
    Last edited by west'sawake; 26th October 2015 at 03:55 PM.

To be honest, no one over 50 would get my vote, my priorities are not the same as someone older.

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Moi wonders how many No1's are floaters...
    Surely you mean No2's?

Ha ha.. Dissident FG grows and grows, sort of.

He sees Donald Trump in action and the buffoon thinks he's going to do the same. Unfortunately for George he's more Ray D'arcy than Donald Trump.

Having said that, if he puts his money where his mouth is and actually runs then fair play to him.

folks like him need headlines badly, to keep their ego's inflated

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment