Register to Comment
Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202
Results 2,011 to 2,015 of 2015
Like Tree839Likes

Just a belated addendum to the Carlow/KK by election

I got my hands on a full copy of the tally - very interesting reading - here are a few interesting tidbits.

Here are the breakdowns per LEA

South Carlow

FF 22.1%
    FG 18.6%
    SF 16.1%
    RN 7.2%
    LAB 22.0% (home territory for Lab Candidate)

Turnout 56% approx

Carlow Town
    FF 21%
    FG 16%
    SF 22%
    RN 9%
    LAB 7.9%
    Turnout: 49%

Castlecomer LEA:
    FF 33.5%
    FG 23.1%
    SF 15.3%
    RN 9.3%
    Lab 3.6%
    Turnout: 63%

Kilkenny West:
    FF 21.7
    FG 25.3 (FG candidate home LEA)
    SF 14.2
    RN 14.9
    lab 1.6
    turnout: 61%

Kilkenny East
    FF 26.7%
    FG 22.0%
    SF 13.6%
    RN 10.7%
    lab 3.4%

Piltown
    FF 40.8% (FF candidate home territory)
    FG 20.7%
    SF 16.3%
    RN 5.5%
    lab 2.4%

I haven't bothered with all the independent candidates - because bar Gardner in her home Kilkenny East LEA -9% - none of them got more than 5% in any LEA

Very interesting - like all byelections - notoriously hard to know how this will correlate to the GE next year

looking at Carlow - powerful result for SF - so much so - that maybe they should be seriously looking at a Carlow Candidate and use Funchion as a kilkenny sweeper . Also looking down thru all the Carlow boxes - I would definitely say that there is something to be said for the suggestion that many conservatives stayed away from the polls - given the number of young people that turned out for Yes campaign and probably voted for the opposition in the by-election - the actual turnout was well lower than the GE...there does seem to have been bit of a stay away by older conservative voters - not that that should give any succour to FG - that vote is only going to get smaller regardless.

All in all - this is going to be a very tightly contested constituency next time around - with all the big beast returning.........McGuinness will take back the FF vote in the north of the county and city - JP Phelan will cut Alywards vote in half in Piltown.......those 2 are the only certainties here...........the other 3 seats are all in the mix - Sinn Fein will definitely take one - barring a calamity - but which one will it be ? - stick with Funchion and hope she takes enough kilkenny votes and has a free run in Carlow (unlikely) or go with a good Carlow candidate who could top the vote in Carlow and freewheel downhill with each Carlow elimination to the 1 Carlow seat (like Deering the last time).....and Deering is in trouble big time....thats going to be an interesting one - as the Barrow divide will come back into play next time around. ......Renua could pull a seat out of this aswell - FG's disarray could be their opportunity - we could be looking at 1 FF,1 FG,1 SF,1 RN and a.n.other (probably an almighty bunfight between FF and FG for the last seat)

It will be very interesting.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    J
    All in all - this is going to be a very tightly contested constituency next time around - with all the big beast returning.........McGuinness will take back the FF vote in the north of the county and city - JP Phelan will cut Alywards vote in half in Piltown.......those 2 are the only certainties here...........the other 3 seats are all in the mix - Sinn Fein will definitely take one - barring a calamity - but which one will it be ? - stick with Funchion and hope she takes enough kilkenny votes and has a free run in Carlow (unlikely) or go with a good Carlow candidate who could top the vote in Carlow and freewheel downhill with each Carlow elimination to the 1 Carlow seat (like Deering the last time).....and Deering is in trouble big time....thats going to be an interesting one - as the Barrow divide will come back into play next time around. ......Renua could pull a seat out of this aswell - FG's disarray could be their opportunity - we could be looking at 1 FF,1 FG,1 SF,1 RN and a.n.other (probably an almighty bunfight between FF and FG for the last seat)

It will be very interesting.
    FF in worst election ever in 2011 got 28.1% and then they were transfer repellent.
    I see 2 FF seats here.
    While actual quota doesn't change the theoretical quota i.e. last elected plus last eliminated divide by 2 was less than 9600 votes.

I see 2 FF 2 FG and 1 another depending on how vote splits.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPurple View Post
    Let me guess who you hope is the " 1 another " - Renua's McKee Obviously Funchion coming in 3rd and transferring well hasn't a hope against McKee, yeah sure.
    When you have been on here long enough you will realise the stupidity of the above statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPurple View Post
    So who is it now your hoping will be the " 1 another ". let me guess........ Labour
    You really know little of me so when you do you will assess whether the AN Other claim you making holds water

trying to find that story about Patrick Mckee owing money to Renua according to Renua it was still on their books in 2016 http://www.sipo.ie/en/Reports/Politi...f-Accounts.pdf
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 1st December 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment