Cllr Gerry Horkan
    Liam Dockery

Dundrum
    Sarah Ryan
    Tony Kelly

Glencullen
    Cllr Tom Murphy
    John Byrne
    Last edited by dinnyMEP; 11th February 2014 at 11:36 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by dinnyMEP View Post
    FF Have selected the following for the locals:

Blackrock

Barry Conway ( Former Cllr)
    Kate Feeney ( Chair of ÓgraFF)

Dun Laoghaire

Cllr Cormac Devlin
    James McCann
    Lisa Rogerson

Killiney/Shankhill

Jennifer Cuffe
    Vinny Duran-Kearns

Stillorgan

Cllr Gerry Horkan
    Liam Dockery

Dundrum
    Sarah Ryan
    Tony Kelly

Glencullen
    Tom Murphy
    John Byrne

I'll look forward to speaking to them when they call around.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    Have you set foot in Dun Laoghaire in recent years...?

It's been decimated by the council idiots and their war on cars...

Drivers avoid Dun Laoghaire like the plague now... choosing instead to go to Carrickmines or Blackrock or Dundrum...

Dun Laoghaire is f***ed and has been for a long time due to the short sighted BS the useless council has indulged in...

George's St. is a wasteland...
    The main street in every town in Ireland is a wasteland I blame the FF/Lab/FG hegemony for that.

Two of the alternative places you mention charge for parking one of them under the Council's own scheme so that's a peculiar stance. I think people just like taking a slice off the Council but seeing as the same Council is controlled by FG/Lab. then it is in their own hands to amend or discontinue the parking scheme -why don't they do that?

well we all know the answer to that -hence the particular hypocrisy of O'Connor's stance.

FG-blreugh..........

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    The main street in every town in Ireland is a wasteland I blame the FF/Lab/FG hegemony for that.

Two of the alternative places you mention charge for parking one of them under the Council's own scheme so that's a peculiar stance. I think people just like taking a slice off the Council but seeing as the same Council is controlled by FG/Lab. then it is in their own hands to amend or discontinue the parking scheme -why don't they do that?

well we all know the answer to that -hence the particular hypocrisy of O'Connor's stance.

FG-blreugh..........
    Parking is expensive in Dun Laoghaire by any standards and the selection of shops etc. is pretty dire...

Blackrock may be similar (I don't know)... because whenever I'm there I park in Frescati which has a reasonable rate for parking... (although I do resent having to pay for parking anywhere... but particularly street parking)....

Drivers pay far too much in all sorts of charges and taxes and duty to be f***ed again by CoCos and LAs when parking on public streets...

Dundrum SC... I've been there once and if God is good I won't be making a return visit...

I think I thought parking was expensive there although then again... there is a huge selection of retailers so they can probably get away with it...

It is baffling to me how the DLR CoCo have persisted with their war on cars while the retail sector has been relentlessly decimated in recent years...

I don't really give a sh!t what the makeup of any CoCo is...

What I give a sh!t about are useless idiots who have no vision and no f***ing clue about anything much getting elected and implementing and persisting with brain dead policies that fail and continue to fail...

Of course people who are part of the tedious and retarded party political 'system' in this country seem to think the most important thing is to slag off their opponents and score meaningless points off each other while the areas they represent go down the sh!tter...

FFS...
    Last edited by Spanner Island; 8th February 2014 at 07:38 PM.

Parking is expensive in Dun Laoghaire by any standards and the selection of shops etc. is pretty dire...

Blackrock may be similar (I don't know)... because whenever I'm there I park in Frescati which has a reasonable rate for parking... (although I do resent having to pay for parking anywhere... but particularly street parking)....

Drivers pay far too much in all sorts of charges and taxes and duty to be f***ed again by CoCos and LAs when parking on public streets...

Dundrum SC... I've been there once and if God is good I won't be making a return visit...

I think I thought parking was expensive there although then again... there is a huge selection of retailers so they can probably get away with it...

It is baffling to me how the DLR CoCo have persisted with their war on cars while the retail sector has been relentlessly decimated in recent years...

I don't really give a sh!t what the makeup of any CoCo is...

What I give a sh!t about are useless idiots who have no vision and no f***ing clue about anything much getting elected and implementing and persisting with brain dead policies that fail and continue to fail...

Of course people who are part of the tedious and retarded party political 'system' in this country seem to think the most important thing is to slag off their opponents and score meaningless points off each other while the areas they represent go down the sh!tter...

FFS...
    Can't find anything to disagree with in the bold part-hopefully they're will be some candidates worth voting for in May-looking at the FF list above doesn't engender a lot of hope though.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Can't find anything to disagree with in the bold part-hopefully they're will be some candidates worth voting for in May-looking at the FF list above doesn't engender a lot of hope though.
    We will have the usual selection of good, bad and indifferent candidates to choose from. All I can say in their favour is that they have sufficient interest, time and willingness to spend their cash to stand for election.

I predict a resurgence in FF fortunes. We will win 2 seats in Dun Laoghaire from 1 , win 2 in Ballybrack and 2 in Blackrock plus 1 in Stillorgan, 2 in Glencullen and 2 in Dundrum. That might just make us the largest party.

There is a frustration out there plus a yearning for the return of competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
    I predict a resurgence in FF fortunes. We will win 2 seats in Dun Laoghaire from 1 , win 2 in Ballybrack and 2 in Blackrock plus 1 in Stillorgan, 2 in Glencullen and 2 in Dundrum. That might just make us the largest party.

There is a frustration out there plus a yearning for the return of competence.
    Yer man Viny Duran Kearns looks like a Fianna fáiler to be fair..........I shall look forward to discussing the bank guarantee scheme with him,him being an accountant and all that. I shall also ask him if he thinks we have turned the corner.

Twitter
    @

so using Adrian Kavanaghs site

Irish Elections: Geography, Facts and Analyses | Elections in the Republic of Ireland (and occasionally other elections!) from a geographical perspective: maps, election boundaries, party vote patterns, turnout levels

The line up is looking a little like this per ward

Blackrock 6

FF:Kate Feeney
    FG: Cllr Marie Baker, Maurice Dockrell, Cllr Barry Ward
    Lab: Deirdre Kingston, Angela Timlin
    SF:
    PBP: Lola Hynes
    Greens: Celine Moorkens
    IND: Cllr Victor Boyhan

Dun Laoghaire 8

FF: Cllr Cormac Devlin, James McCann, Lisa Rogerson
    FG: Cllr Patricia Stewart, Cllr John Bailey, Ellen O’Connor, Mary Fayne
    Lab: Cllr Jane Dillion Byrne, Cllr Donna Pierce, John Kane
    SF: Jeannete Kavanagh
    PBP:Cllr Melissa Halpin, Karl Gill
    Greens: Ossian Smyth
    Ind: John Paul Kearney, Michael Merrigan

Dundrum 7

FF: Sarah Ryan, Tony Kelly
    FG: Cllr Jim O’Dea, Brian Murphy, Cllr Pat Hand, Madeline Speirs
    Lab: Cllr Grace Tallon, Peter Leonard
    SF:Sorcha NicCormaic
    PBP:John O’Dowd
    Greens:Caroline Martin
    Ind:Anne Colgan, Seamus O'Neill

Glencullen-Sandyford 7

FF: Cllr Tom Murphy, John Byrne, John O'Keeffe
    FG: Cllr Neale Richmond, Cllr Tom Joyce, Aileen Eglington, Stewart Stephens
    Lab:Cllr Lettie McCarthy, Peter O’Brien
    SF:Chris Curran
    PBP: Nicola Curry
    Greens:Tom Kivlehan
    Ind:

Killiney-Shankill 6

FF: Jennifer Cuffe, Vinny Duran Kearns
    FG: Cllr Maria Bailey, Garrett McDermott, Jim Gildea
    Lab: Cllr Carrie Smyth, Cllr Denis O'Callaghan
    SF:Shane O'Brien
    PBP:Cllr Hugh Lewis, Cillian Doyle
    Greens: Cara Augustenborg
    Ind:Simon Hall

Stillorgan 6

FF: Cllr Gerry Horkan, Liam Dockery
    FG:Cllr Barry Saul, John Kennedy, Josepha Madigan
    Lab: Cllr Richard Humphries
    SF: Simon Gillespie
    PBP:
    Greens: Miriam Hennessy
    Ind: Caitriona Lawlor

If i forgot anyone just PM me and I'll update it
    Last edited by dinnyMEP; 31st March 2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: updated

Have you set foot in Dun Laoghaire in recent years...?

It's been decimated by the council idiots and their war on cars...

Drivers avoid Dun Laoghaire like the plague now... choosing instead to go to Carrickmines or Blackrock or Dundrum...

Dun Laoghaire is f***ed and has been for a long time due to the short sighted BS the useless council has indulged in...

George's St. is a wasteland...
    You're confusing cause and effect. The reason why drivers avoid Dun Laoghaire has little to do with parking charges. And the solution to Dun Laoghaire's planning problems have even less to do with parking charges. Dun Laoghaire's best opportunity comes from recognising that there are other ways of attracting spenders other than cars.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment