Register to Comment
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marascal
    I can't believe this kind of leftie hippy nonsense still exists.
    Wow, you sound like John O'Donoghue already!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Gombeen
    Is this for real Eriugena? Are you and others seriously going to set up an alternative Green Party?
    Caution advised.

Caution? I thought the Greens threw caution to the wind this week.

Quote Originally Posted by soubresauts
    Indeed they did, and people unhappy with such recklessness would be well advised to think carefully before they throw their lot in with any particular group styling themselves the true Greens.

Quote Originally Posted by joemomma
    Quote Originally Posted by soubresauts
    Indeed they did, and people unhappy with such recklessness would be well advised to think carefully before they throw their lot in with any particular group styling themselves the true Greens.
    A question was asked of erigena. Nothing more.

erigena

"For example, an average house should cost at most double one's income, and the mortgage should last at most 20 years."

If two people want to buy the same house how do we decide who gets it if both are willing to pay double their income.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombeen
    A question was asked of erigena. Nothing more.
    Actually, the answer is; there will quite definitely be a new party as outlined above. Now that gormley will be leading the march on the destruction of tara, and various other unspeakable recent events,the green movement in Ireland will need another political expression. Suffice to say, work is ongoing.

Thanks to all those who posted on this and other threads to offer support.

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat
    erigena

"For example, an average house should cost at most double one's income, and the mortgage should last at most 20 years."

If two people want to buy the same house how do we decide who gets it if both are willing to pay double their income.
    Oh yes, the market.

Of course some market mechanisms are necessary. however, what we've seen in the past few years is Greenspan bailing bush out by putting interest rates down to wartime levels, and a resulting stock market crash, massive foreclosures, which will accelerate in Sept, and so on. We can and must do better.

As for the various negative comments; reveal who you are, boys and girls, and I'll reply.

Quote Originally Posted by erigena
    Actually, the answer is; there will quite definitely be a new party as outlined above. ... Suffice to say, work is ongoing.
    I'm going to open a book on this nonsense. Remember that we had a box-full of crazies a few months ago wanting to form a racist party in Ireland before the last election, and nothing was ever heard from them again.

I'm prepared now to place a 2,000 wager on neither of these ideas coming to fruition. Here's the bet:

I will donate 2,000 to a charity or other NGO of erigena's choosing if a political party styling itself Eire Ghlas is established between now and the next Local Elections in 2009, providing that a minimum of five candidates are stood by that party in that election. They don't even need to to get elected - fat chance anyhow.

Safest bet I've ever made!!!

I didn't read much about the party but you need a website or you can ask david cochrane for a section on this site for this to be an "idea".

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment