Register to Comment
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Allworthy
    Erigena

I hear have heard comment that the democratic structures, elections, appointments and placements in the Green Party are not all they should be and because of this and issues of policy there has been a drift of members out of the party. If what I hear is correct the object seems to be control and ensuring certain views prevail rather than democracy. Is any of it true?

But there again are such rumours just a case of the wrath of the bride rejected?
    I think you could probably predict Erigena's response to your query.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I can't believe this kind of leftie hippy nonsense still exists. We're poised on the chance of getting power and ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING about major issues and now you want to split?

Go back into protest politics and I guarantee you'll be whining for another 25 years about how terrible things are and ultimately achieve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marascal
    We're poised on the chance of getting power and ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING about major issues and now you want to split?
    <spinspinspin>
    Well, erigena says the group will be comprised of ex-Greens like himself, who have previously found a pretext to leave, so it won't technically be a split.
    </spinspinspin>

Twitter
    @

I can't believe this kind of leftie hippy nonsense still exists.
    A case of "you sow so shall you reap". Much of the Green parties initial success (or kick start) has been on the back of "Green Kudos", a powerful weapon in this age of public mistrust towards mainstream political movements/parties. Did you really think that you would be allowed to keep such a powerful weapon to yourselves?

On the bright side, if a Green Party is to be mainstream (as opposed to green issues which already are) you are better leaving some things behind.

Reading erigena's post, I don't think you will be leaving much behind that the Greens did not already find intact when they entered the political arena.

I'm supposed I'm just annoyed at elements that make threatening noises to jump ship at any point when it looks like we're achieving something.

Out of interest Erigena, How many lampposts were you up during the campaign? And how exactly did you expect the party to gain political power?

Out of interest Erigena, How many lampposts were you up during the campaign?
    He wasn't up any. He's stated elsewhere that he left after 2002 because the party was too concerned with politics and wasn't spending enough time centring its moral compass or something.

Too concerned with politics is it. Does he know we're a political party? I feel foolish for wasting my time on him.

There are a lot of very worthwhile aims in that programme. How do you propose to implement it?

Quote Originally Posted by green
    He's stated elsewhere that he left after 2002 because the party was too concerned with politics and wasn't spending enough time centring its moral compass or something.
    Whatever about politics, it's obvious now that the GP failed to centre its moral compass. If you've read Animal Farm you can see that the party has reached the stage of

Four legs good, two legs better.

Is this for real Eriugena? Are you and others seriously going to set up an alternative Green Party?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment