Register to Comment
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree6Likes

Posts by twtone and Rahood! It's only 4 years and it seems like a lifetime ago..
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    Why Chinese Is So Damn Hard

Very interesting read.
    FFS, some people justify abandoning the study of Irish because it's too difficult, and then some of those same eejits say that Chinese/Mandarin should be studied instead, which is less useful than Irish and a hundred times harder to learn. I mean, WTF.........?

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    FFS, some people justify abandoning the study of Irish because it's too difficult, and then some of those same eejits say that Chinese/Mandarin should be studied instead, which is less useful than Irish and a hundred times harder to learn. I mean, WTF.........?
    Meanwhile some people struggle to express themselves in English.

Toman you are learning Chinese and that's final, so you may as well just go and get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    I have never heard anyone prosing the abandonment of Irish due to it being to hard. Irrelevent yes but not too hard.

And as for the Irish language being more useful than Mandarin !! Are you mad ?? Name one spot anywhere in the world were I need to speak Irish or have an interpretor to communicate or do business ?

I wish I could speak Mandarin. I really do, and on a number of occasions I have suffered because I could not. I know I lost business over it and I have missed flights because I misscomuniacted with taxi drivers..

Yes the Chinese economy is in trouble and yes it is going to suffer a major setback but its a country of over a billion people with a HUGE industrial base spread over a huge geographical area. Its going to remain an important market and country long after you and I are dead and Mandarin reamins the main means of communication in the country.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment