Register to Comment
Page 118 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1308
Like Tree866Likes
  1. #1171
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,739

    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    Wonder what his view is on the attached Statement (Fatwa) this morning - given that he is versed and employed in the area of translation for the European Council for Fatwa and Research.




    https://twitter.com/DrUmarAlQadri

    With thanks to Dr Umar Al Qadri on twitter.
    Al qadri is a different crew. He is not far right.

    Let me put it this way. If they were both from connacht and saying that things they say except with blue eyes and brown hair then only Ali Selim would be universally loathed by the Irish left.

    Luckily for him he has a cloak of invisibility which means he can talk like a complete retrograde any still not really register.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #1172
    HereWeGoAgain HereWeGoAgain is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,882

    Dr. Ali Selim's PhD (Subject and Thesis) from Trinity


    Ali Selim: An Islamic Theory of Coexistence (Ph.D.)

    The terms 'coexistence', 'partnership', 'citizenship' and 'globalization' all have a profound impact on today's decision makers and their policy formation, as well as on individuals. While these terms have been widely used all over the world, particularly in the West, in the construction of identity, they have been considered unworthy of a detailed analysis in the context of Muslim identity. Some scholars argue that Muslim--Christian relations are caught between advocates of homogenization, on the one hand, and supporters of self-affirmation on the other. While the former concept favours relativism, the latter is seen to encourage fanaticism. In addition, such scholars claim that the tension between Muslims and Christians is due to a complex history of rivalry and war, which has led to the issue of Muslims' positive coexistence being elucidated from historical and sociological points of view. There has, until recently, been a lack of scholarly interest in the West in a number of Islamic terms such as Al-Maslahah (the consideration of public interest), and the theological aspects of coexistence have not yet been fully explored, though Muslim scholars and many sociologists and anthropologists stress the significance of Islam as a system of norms and values. Hence, given Muslims' increased visibility, the consideration of religious factors should occupy an important place in the study of globalization and coexistence. This book is an analytical examination of the concept of coexistence, adopting a novel approach to these issues in the English language. Given the paucity of literature regarding a faith-based study of Muslim coexistence, this book elaborates on the theological aspect of Muslims' coexistence in non-Muslim lands, and raises a number of theological questions, arguments and counter-arguments pertinent to this issue. Is it permissible for Muslims to live in a non-Muslim country? Is it permissible for Muslims to acquire non-Muslim citizenship? What are the obstacles? How do Muslims perceive civic duties in non-Muslim countries? Are Muslims obliged to fulfil them? The book presents a number of scholarly discussions from past and contemporary sources, as well as international human rights treaties, which stress the significance of the much-overlooked factor of context.


    Preface:
    Muslimsí coexistence in non-Muslim lands remains an urgent issue of theological research, to which Islamic conferences and councils in recent years, particularly the European Council for Fatwa and Research, have contributed important Islamic teachings. These have made it, to an extent, better understood.
    This epistemological research is specifically centred on Muslimsí coexistence in Ireland. This research fundamentally embraces the study of
    Islamic theology and Muslimsí discourse, which gives rise to a number of research questions. The main question addressed is that of whether Muslims should live in non-Muslim lands. This prompts the philosophical question of a Muslimís right to the acquisition of local citizenship. There is a wide range of juristsí opinions on the latter, which indicates the paramount importance of considering the context in which each of these opinions originated.


    Acknowledgement by Dr. Ali

    Praise be to Allah and may Allahís peace, blessings and mercy be upon all His prophets commencing with the Prophet Adam and ending with the Prophet Muhammad. I would like to thank my father, who encouraged me to do this PhD, and my wife, who supported me throughout all the time I spent on this thesis. I would like to express my gratitude to the European Council for Fatwa and Research, and especially the secretary general Sheikh Hussein Halawa.
    I would like to express my gratitude to Dr Nooh Al-Kaddo, CEO of the Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland, for his continuous support. I would like to extend my thanks to Professor Anne Fitzpatrick-McKinley for supervising and Dr Roja Fazaeli for cosupervising this thesis and providing me with inspirational input at various stages of this work. I would like to thank Dr David Paris and Dr Gabriel Byrne for their academically valuable advice and great support.

    https://www.tcd.ie/nmes/courses/post...cent-students/
    https://www.amazon.com/Concept-Coexi.../dp/1443872253
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #1173
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,739

    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    Wonder what his view is on the attached Statement (Fatwa) this morning - given that he is versed and employed in the area of translation for the European Council for Fatwa and Research.




    https://twitter.com/DrUmarAlQadri

    With thanks to Dr Umar Al Qadri on twitter.
    By the clonskeagh crowd don't like Al qadri. The latter isn't a fan of the brotherhood and thinks that the young lad who went for a coffee and ended up speaking at a far right rally several times actually does have questions to answer.

    That position has actually been labelled racist several times in the Halawa thread so when Al qadri says it then presumably the sjw think he is iffy as well.

    I can only then think what Mr selim feels about al qadri is many times worse.

    So fellow socialists what do choose:
    A) Al Qadri - fgm is bad, let's live together
    B) Ali Selim and Mr Halawa - the good side of fgm, naughty school girls and the diseased gays;
    C) Nothing, I'd rather cop out because that's easy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #1174
    Lara2 Lara2 is offline
    Lara2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,496

    Quote Originally Posted by willow68 View Post
    I have four words that every Western dhimmi must know. From the devil's playbook.
    1) Taqiyya=dissimulation about the speaker's muslim identity
    2) Tawriya = concealing or creative lying
    3) Kitman = telling only part of the truth
    4) Muruna= blending in with your surroundings til you reach required numbers
    Learn these terms. Never forget when one of them is speaking to pull the wool over your faces. Ali Selim is not a nice person.
    Let me throw in the stated goals of the Muslim Brotherhood.

    Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. The Qu'ran is our law.
    Jihad is our way.
    Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.
    Allahu Akbar.

    These people have a VERY long breath.
    Eternal vigilance is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz Newt View Post
    Which of the four disciplines listed above would you say Dr Ali Selim is particularly good at?
    At least two of them, numbers 2 and 3. Interesting that Selim is an interpreter and teaches language in Trinity. In any interview that I've heard he is consistent in these, whether it was covering for the bogey carry on in Waterford last year to denying the figures of the amount of muslims living in ireland who are extremists. Again, with FGM, watch how he plays with language stating that he does not agree with "Female Genital Mutilation" but agrees with "Female Circumcision" despite the two being the same thing, the latter just sounds nicer than carving out part a girl's vagina so that she doesn't feel the pleasure of sex or orgasm when she is older despite causing serious health issues and was indeed a reason why African women were seeking refuge in this country to prevent it happening to their children.

    Yes, he's quite the expert in language and the manipulation of it. As a matter of interest, could he not have taught Halawa Sr a few words or sentences seeing as despite being here for 20 years can barely speak a word of it? Patently obvious that he has no interest whatsoever in integrating in Ireland.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #1175
    Lara2 Lara2 is offline
    Lara2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,496

    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    See post above Emily. He lectures to evening students taking a language (presumably Arabic) module.

    Students are naturally outraged and their President has made his remarks in that earlier posted Statement.

    More worryingly are the various roles / influences he has per profile on his linkedin page

    Dr. Selim, holder of Bachelor’s degree from Al-Azhar University, Egypt; M Phil, Trinity College Dublin and PhD TCD, is an Arabic lecturer at Trinity College Dublin.
    He has been lecturing on Islam and Arabic for a number of years.
    He taught Arabic to a number of Irish politicians and members of the business community.
    He also served as an Islamic adviser in a number of business companies and delivered Islamic awareness courses to state bodies. He has a profound experience in teaching Arabic for native and non-native Arabic speakers.
    Dr Selim was an external examiner in many colleges.

    Dr Selim has published a number of books e.g. Islam and Education in Ireland and faith and challenges and A Theory of Coexistence According to Islamic Primary Sources and contributed by writing chapters in others.

    Dr Selim is a well-known interpreter and translator
    . He has translated a number of books and interpreted in national and international conferences.
    He has translated books and he is the official translator for the European Council for Fatwa and Research
    This is all very worrying. This guy is dodgy as f*ck and should not hold such influence and sway in this country.
    He should not be tolerated by the media. Even the guy interviewing him on Prime Time gave him an easy ride for fear of offending him.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #1176
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,739

    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    Dr. Ali Selim's PhD (Subject and Thesis) from Trinity


    Ali Selim: An Islamic Theory of Coexistence (Ph.D.)

    The terms 'coexistence', 'partnership', 'citizenship' and 'globalization' all have a profound impact on today's decision makers and their policy formation, as well as on individuals. While these terms have been widely used all over the world, particularly in the West, in the construction of identity, they have been considered unworthy of a detailed analysis in the context of Muslim identity. Some scholars argue that Muslim--Christian relations are caught between advocates of homogenization, on the one hand, and supporters of self-affirmation on the other. While the former concept favours relativism, the latter is seen to encourage fanaticism. In addition, such scholars claim that the tension between Muslims and Christians is due to a complex history of rivalry and war, which has led to the issue of Muslims' positive coexistence being elucidated from historical and sociological points of view. There has, until recently, been a lack of scholarly interest in the West in a number of Islamic terms such as Al-Maslahah (the consideration of public interest), and the theological aspects of coexistence have not yet been fully explored, though Muslim scholars and many sociologists and anthropologists stress the significance of Islam as a system of norms and values. Hence, given Muslims' increased visibility, the consideration of religious factors should occupy an important place in the study of globalization and coexistence. This book is an analytical examination of the concept of coexistence, adopting a novel approach to these issues in the English language. Given the paucity of literature regarding a faith-based study of Muslim coexistence, this book elaborates on the theological aspect of Muslims' coexistence in non-Muslim lands, and raises a number of theological questions, arguments and counter-arguments pertinent to this issue. Is it permissible for Muslims to live in a non-Muslim country? Is it permissible for Muslims to acquire non-Muslim citizenship? What are the obstacles? How do Muslims perceive civic duties in non-Muslim countries? Are Muslims obliged to fulfil them? The book presents a number of scholarly discussions from past and contemporary sources, as well as international human rights treaties, which stress the significance of the much-overlooked factor of context.


    Preface:
    Muslims’ coexistence in non-Muslim lands remains an urgent issue of theological research, to which Islamic conferences and councils in recent years, particularly the European Council for Fatwa and Research, have contributed important Islamic teachings. These have made it, to an extent, better understood.
    This epistemological research is specifically centred on Muslims’ coexistence in Ireland. This research fundamentally embraces the study of
    Islamic theology and Muslims’ discourse, which gives rise to a number of research questions. The main question addressed is that of whether Muslims should live in non-Muslim lands. This prompts the philosophical question of a Muslim’s right to the acquisition of local citizenship. There is a wide range of jurists’ opinions on the latter, which indicates the paramount importance of considering the context in which each of these opinions originated.


    Acknowledgement by Dr. Ali

    Praise be to Allah and may Allah’s peace, blessings and mercy be upon all His prophets commencing with the Prophet Adam and ending with the Prophet Muhammad. I would like to thank my father, who encouraged me to do this PhD, and my wife, who supported me throughout all the time I spent on this thesis. I would like to express my gratitude to the European Council for Fatwa and Research, and especially the secretary general Sheikh Hussein Halawa.
    I would like to express my gratitude to Dr Nooh Al-Kaddo, CEO of the Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland, for his continuous support. I would like to extend my thanks to Professor Anne Fitzpatrick-McKinley for supervising and Dr Roja Fazaeli for cosupervising this thesis and providing me with inspirational input at various stages of this work. I would like to thank Dr David Paris and Dr Gabriel Byrne for their academically valuable advice and great support.

    https://www.tcd.ie/nmes/courses/post...cent-students/
    https://www.amazon.com/Concept-Coexi.../dp/1443872253
    Imagine as a lefty I read that and it's swapped out Muslims for christians etc.

    I would be free to go wow who is the religious zealot.Tgeir views re to me backwards and regressive.

    But as soon as we swap back in the word Muslim suddenly as a lefty I am supposed to ignore everything he writes and carefully watch for the person saying they find such views backwards.

    At which point I'm to pounce and say stop targeting all Muslims.

    Nope, not playing that game. Ali Selims views are, to me , more backwards then even Ronan Mullens.

    And by a long shot.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #1177
    Karloff Karloff is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,306

    Quote Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
    no comparison between the two , most american baby boys are circumcised regardless of religon , its cleaner , one off experience of pain for the baby
    Just because Americans do it it's alright?

    Cutting off part of their penis, reducing sensitivity. It's a bizarre practice.

    A clitorectomy could be done surgically without complications too, same effect. All they are lacking is recruiting a few biased 'experts' and psychologists to pull benefits for it out of the thin air.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #1178
    silverharp silverharp is offline
    silverharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    15,065

    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    Just because Americans do it it's alright?

    Cutting off part of their penis, reducing sensitivity. It's a bizarre practice.

    A clitorectomy could be done surgically without complications too, same effect. All they are lacking is recruiting a few biased 'experts' and psychologists to pull benefits for it out of the thin air.
    for muslim boys it seems to be done at puberty ...oooouuuuchhhh!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #1179
    Apple in Eden Apple in Eden is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,282

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    Asking questions = Supporting bigots.
    Thou will be silenced Bobby !

    ''Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies''
    - George Orwell
    Questions are not allowed or rubbished in the Hitches Orwellian world
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #1180
    DigiShar DigiShar is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    There just might be an argument that FGM is permissible under the Sharia however absolutely no legitimate arguments for it's medical necessity, in fact on the contrary it is known to medically harmful. You notice also that Dr Ali Salem was careful to pull the race card while attempting to waffle a defence of the practice to those who he doubtless considered gullible gobshytes. Sunni bigots such as you and he are the first people to scream "Wascist!" at others so please spare me the tough guy "don't be such a special snowflake" routine.
    1. On the contrary, FGCS has many medical benefits, both physical and psychological - read a little more widely than Stormfront and youíll be amazed at what you can discover.
    2. I havenít pulled any race card at all. I simply feel that your response is reflective of your whimsical generation.
    3. ĎBigotí - oh the irony...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment